[1.0.7.1] AETHER PRM SPELLBINDER 2.0 (crucible 4b+b - 6:30)

INTRODUCTION:

Welcome to yet another binder write-up. This is a complete revamp of my previous Aether Pannetti build and to my surprise it turned out to be equally fast but somewhat safer.

GRIMTOOLS (updated version)

GRIMTOOLS (older version)

This version is sadly a g5. It does require a stalwart prefix on the medal. The others it can do without. In my defense, I tried to keep rare affixes at the minimum (only one).

Stats are higher in game. Especially armor (2000+).

YOUTUBE (6:30)

This result is kind of a fluke. It usually takes me 10-20 seconds longer. Nemeses in 170 positioned themselves perfectly for a fast clear. For an expert pilot who can pull off things like that at will the results might be even better. Also, the mutators were a little hard on the defense in this run.

CONCEPT and GAMEPLAY:

This is a classic take on a devastation spellbinder with a spam skill as support (or the other way, semantics…) and damage absorption spells for defense. Nothing new, nothing original. This particular setup turned out to be the fastest but I have tested a multitude of others (some links below).

This build as all spellbinders these days except Agrivix is very hard to pilot. Very little defense and not much in terms of sustain as well as no access to cdr through Star Pact make it vital to make best use possible of Mirror and Mark of Torment (gotta max it now, classic 6/10 gets burst by Reaper with ease these days) as well as healing pots and Nullification.

GEAR:

The core of the build is Slathasarr Crest which provides complete conversion to PRM. This sadly makes this setup a g5 as da affixes are needed.

Krieg set is the best (and only) aether set that leaves both weapon and the helmet slot and still remains functional.

Wrath of the Ascendant is by far the best weapon for all kinds of aether spam. Decree of Aldrich is imo not competitive here as its fire to aether conversion to devastation is de-prioritized by Cord of Violent Decay and the recents nerfs made the proc even less worthwhile. The only argument would be the extra cdr.

Conduit. I tried to get rid of it because it’s simply bad. Agrivix amulet would be BiS here if it wasn’t for the resistances. Conduits provide 80-100% worth of resistances and all of it is needed in this setup.

Off-hand. Currently aether lacks exceptionally good non-set off-hands. This turned out to give fastest results. Any affixes with +%aether damage are good here.

Outcast Secret. It makes it more of a Devastation build than PRM but using Anasteria helmet gives better results so why not use it? Spellgaze is a viable alternative.

Rings. Eternal Haunt with Albrecht is BiS. I was testing Screams of the Aether and forgot to replace it.

ALTERNATIVE SETUPS:

No-green setup. Much slower and still hard to assemble due to Anasteria helmet and the conduit. Anasteria helmet could be replaced by Spellgaze as below. But it’s far from top-tier this way.

Safer one-green setup. A good alternative for more PRM and less Devastation. Also, skill disruption resistance from the off-hand proves invaluable sometimes. Hard to get below 7 minutes on the clear time, though.

One-green main campaign Clairvoyant setup. Spam casts in main game require more energy sustain thus had to drop Krieg to get those gloves and use Bone Harvest as Dying God proccer for better energy leech.

A FEW TRICKS FOR BETTER CRUCIBLE CLEARS:

Double Reapers. By courtesy of Omnitrio I’ve learned a nice little trick for double Reapers. Frankly, without it the build is hardly viable. When you see Reapers run to the space between the banner and the pillar next to it and keep sidestepping within that space until you see at least one of the Reapers locked down in his retarded dance. Works for Kuba too.

Nullification. Is now a part of the binder’s chain. Make sure you have it ready when nemeses reach half health for both offensive and defensive debuffing. Use it generously. Especially on the trio and aetherial caster bosses. It saves your life no worse than mirror.

Use Grim Internals. Not only does save you the frustration of loading crucible many times for the desired stage but the extra information on screen is very valuable.

sub 7 minutes is good for Binders this days. Gratz on figuring it out (the optimal setup I mean). How necessary is Manticore to this build? And isn’t off-hand from no-greens setup better than that green 30% crit damage one?

Manticore is necessary. 1-2 minutes more without. I tried full Krieg to be able get rid of it and take the tower but it was worse than both Anasteria and Spellgaze.

Codex of Lies is safer and offensively only slightly inferior to the green. I could have gone with it - still had some under 7 runs. It just so happened that on the fastest clear I recorded I was wearing the green. Codex is definitely better for more consistent and less frantic play - those disruptions seem to happen more often than before…

Oh, and thanks for the reply

crazy thought, use Aldanar’s Vanity to cap PRM’s nodes? And maybe its proc will substantially increase Devastation’s damage output?

Huh… Aldanar’s Vanity…? Honestly, I haven’t thought of it… It doesn’t help with damage but gives a shitload of points - enough to get Blood Boil even.

Hey mate,
realy nice build. i watched the video.
But i didnt get the point, how you manage to heal yourself so often (beside portions and mirror).

The only healing devotion i can see, is the “bat”. Is this the reason?

Thx for your answer.

Greeting, the HAUSER

Other than bat this build has some life steal,which work with skills with weapon damage.Panettis have thanks to medal.Damge otput by PRM is huge,so you get portion of the damage back as healing.Also Spear of heaven got WD and it is proced often-another heal.

I don’t know if it’s useful but you can get this medal prefix to get your PRM from 24 to 26.

Pretty much impossible to get without gdstash :stuck_out_tongue:

You Grim Dawn players really don’t like farming. If that was an item in diablo 2, I would park my ass making runs of that boss until I dropped that medal with said prefix

Diablo 2 was much grindier than GD, let’s face it. No high runes here, and I’m glad about it :wink:

Yes, Sorcerer’s SC of, I guess, the Dranghoul would be BiS. Last two ranks of PRM are a huge boost. But 1) I tried to make this build more or less realistic, 2) this build struggles with da and due to lack of dependable sustain can’t afford a low value like Agrivix. If I was to make it all over again I would probably invest more in Siphon and Blood Boil to help with that da - now that I see it again I kinda consider it a mistake that I didn’t.

I suspect that with BiS greens and some tweaks this build would outperform Mad_Lee’s Invoker Mage Hunter when it comes to dmg (but never when it comes to QoL and balance).

Thanks, Mate .
Thats the Point, OK!
Weapon damage in PRM ist able to use the “damage ->heal”!
Perfect

Life steal is very testy. For more QoL at the cost DPS I recommend switching Outcast Secret to Spellgaze helmet and/or getting one Haunted Steel. This spec as is requires expert handling of mirror-MoT and repositioning. Also, as I said above, getting Siphon Souls to 12/12 and Blood Boil to the max.

Appreciate your hints, thx mate.

Why did you choose the “Hungering Void” Devotion?
Only because of the “+crit dmg”? Because the “+chaos dmg” etc. seems to be useless with your aether PRM build, isn´t it?

Greetings from,

the Hauser

crit dmg (and casting speed)

It’s usefull devotion, having same requirements as spear and hourglass.
I can explain in detail why hungering void and hourglass are good choice for EVERY BUILD that can damage with abilities without serious offensive devotion support.
First of all let’s try to understand how much total damage gives this “+40% crit damage” (approximately)
I’ve made table for that.

Ya_'s build with his OA would have ~25% to crit campaighn bosses and 35% or more in crucible. And with his 50% crit damage and ~1.3 base crit let’s see 1.8 crit multiplier line, so we got ~8-10% total damage modified by only +40% crit dmg. Build have 1+3.5(spirit damage)+25(aether damage)=29.5 multiplayer of base damage. with 8% total damage modificator it would be 29.50.08=2.36 29.51.1=2.95 dmg multiplier.
In simple words with good OA and depending on situation 40% crit dmg gives boost comparable to ~236-295% all damage or even more.
Usual t3 devotions gives ~180%, so…
Go on. 10% total speed. Spellbinders in general and ya’s sb doesn’t have 135 movespeed. With DG proc it have. Cast, attackspeed - without disputting.

And all that blue-red devotions give a lot of bonuses usefull for everyone.

Well explainded, bud.
Thanks a lot.
Still many things to learn…
until now i only played level 100 melee-characters, using “right-side” of devotion mostly…

You forgot about 15% crit dmg from Supercharged but ok you’re forgiven :wink:

Kidding, very informative post. Btw, on the topic of crit dmg, do you think it’s worth investing more skillpoints in Supercharged (2-3% crit dmg per point) without much use for it’s DoT?

Actually the strongest melee build so far (by John_Smith too) also uses Dying God and only goes east as far as Solemn Watcher. Dying God together with Aeon and blue t1 devotions makes blue/red relatively strongest devotion path.

Don’t understand the question. Supercharged gives 1% till hardcap, only last point gives 3%. Imho - waste of points.
Ps playing arcanist without at least 10/10 nullification is a criminal.