[1.0.7.1] Beginner Vit Ritualist

Gonna add a ton more info later, just posting the basics for now cause I’m a lazy fuck. This is the 1st of hopefully many beginner guides I’ll be posting. General idea is to post fun builds that are all around decent and can be decent farmers for newer players. No craftable items outside of some cheapo belts and no fancy components here.

Note that pant/belt/medal are affixless and there are 0 augments used. Capping resists will be very very easy. It’s no huge loss if you use random belt cause you’re too lazy to craft a decent amount of these. Death’s vigil belt is really nice too with good oa/slow res and a proc that can save your ass sometimes. Barrowhelm’s Wendigo belt is nice too with health, stun res, % vit, and +3 spectral wrath

Grimtools

Pros:
Easily clears main campaign content. Handles most nemesis with 0 issue as long as you don’t play like monkey
I beat wave 150 challenger, died on 160 something with no buff/banner. Only good item I had was non myth riftwarped grasp, rest was faction gear, random pants/belt, no real relic, affixless dagger/amulet, and a level 20 sky effigy :smiley:
Dying requires effort on your part. Wendigo, bat, wendigo totem, siphon souls, lifesteal on bone harvest, ghoul (or behemoth), and mark of torment means you are pretty much unkillable if your resists are good.

Cons:
Damage is good, but not insane
Does require a decent, but not insane, amount of button pushing. Certainly not a super lazy build

Leveling:
Pick whatever you think is most fun :stuck_out_tongue: Starting necro and going skeletons/rav earth is fastest start imo. Be sure to grab ravenous earth MIs they are op

Gear:
Use any old sky effigy, main thing you want is cdr. If you wanna try to farm for some decent+ affixes wait till later on for it! Early game try to farm this turd for one with a good cdr roll and use it ~forever
Once you’re getting late game you can start to do bit of item farming. Try to find a half decent bonespike with oa or % vit stuff and a basilisk crest with good resists and/or oa/da. Running ancient grove and visiting our friend Mister Vinelton can help a lot with the crest
Be sure to make sure to get good rolls on faction gears. Avoid horrible resist rolls and 100% try to get the max 4% oa/da rolls!

Upgrades:
One of the great things about this build is you can super easily get +3 necro, not something a lot of classes get easily as a beginner
If you are lacking BPs for the relics needed to craft these you can hard farm vendors to get them asap. Hyram in steelcrap district and our friend Mr. Vinelton are great for this.
Mortality relic
Reaver’s Hunger amulet
Soulless Gaze I think a lot of people don’t realize this bad boy is farmable! Once you unlock The Feast quest with Barrowhelm you can farm Handarroth, Olilivioth, and Yuvolloth for this helmet. Will likely require a decent amount of runs, but nothing crazy

just in case

Nice to see more beginner/budget guides/builds here! :slight_smile:

I was actually gonna post an almost identical build myself after FG relase:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe70502
with variation to add Bone Harvest over Blood Pact if player is comfortable with more buttons.
I took the liberty to add affixes to the gear on my char.
I was also gonna mention that one can take Master of Death instead of Harbinger of Souls.

The drop chance for that helm is 6%/target, so to be 95% sure to get at least one you need to kill about 50 of them in total.

Indeed, more for us newbs, praise be to Lord Malawigen!

could this build enough to finish ultimate difficulty ?

Yes 10chars

what are the skills leveling priority