[1.0.7.1] Cold FireStrike Saboteur, Gladiator farmer

It should still be good here. The rings though…

There are a couple of new items in FG that let you get 100% fire to cold conversion. I’m just going to leave it at that.

So John Smith is probably going to answer all your questions, but I have been talking to him in discord and we discussed this build of his in particular.

And in its current form it can’t even do 3 runs during a duration of 3 blessings/1 banner. Not only that - it has also become very incosistent according to him (so more squishballs than it has been).

So yeah, maybe just don’t play melee Sabouters. Or any Sabouters.

Oh, what happened? I thought N&O will still be fine in sabo and aside of DA change in Temper, demo got an overall buff?

I think it’s pretty obvious what happened. If you look at John Smith’s build, he had to go right and up in the devotion map to make the build work, and that, coupled with initial oupiness of Nex and Ortus was barely enough to allow melee Sabouters to exist and have somewhat respectables results in Crucible (of course nothing close to Tricksters or Infiltrators, but they couldn’t do anything before).

But then Zentai nerfs Nex and Ortus and nerfs Elemental Harmony ring set and then guess what, fragile Sabouters crumble.

You as a builder should know that sometimes just a small stat can push build from dying every second time to something consistent. But if the class combo is weak, there is no buffer to take those nerfs and carry on.

Example: here is a Saboute I have tested during 1.0.7. It had about 3k armor but it was never doing runs below 7 minutes and it was dying literally every second time.

John succeeded more than me in making a Sabouter that actually worked or cared more, but it doesn’t mean that this is a build for ages. You nerf its core items and class is screwed.

I admit, I haven’t taken a look at that build for detail. I’ve only seen the item and skill setup, because I can’t look at the devo from mobile.

I was surprised that the devo setup he used is quite defensive. In that case, it is no surprise that the build cannot work anymore as its offensive item setup got nerfed very heavily.

Oh well, my condolences for the dead of another saboteur.

What’s dead can never die.

Has anyone tried using a chillflame evoker instead of ortus?

I know jabo has on one occasion, but that’s before the changes to NO.

Made stats screenshot, without changes, “as is”.
DPS: 100k->107k (+7%), maybe somebody thought +14% WD to FS would lift DPS beyond the heavens, no. Absolutly doesn’t feel against proc nerfs.
Armor -265
DA +28(lul), hp +1.4k.
I run cruci 3 times: 8:14, 8:48, 9:05 :undecided: Still more or less tanky, but don’t have safety margin to go offensive devos. You may watch videos with “glass version”, it had great problems at the top of it’s game, now I even would not test:confused:

Yeah, Elemental balance set is nerfed to uselessness. Glassy rings with no dmg on them >_> Temper nerf was harsh, dunno why would anyone think that 8DA per point is better investment that armor. On the other hand, godlike Regn of Ice and Fire now leech, making runefiltrators even better that ever :smiley:

Reign of ice and fire is so good now I consider to put it in all of my cold and fire build.
The damage and leech is seriously massive. Well, maybe crate buff it to stop us from bitching about elemental balance nerf. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t forget combustion band either. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Though I wished that it would give chaos RR instead of phys RR. Even if it’s just a measly 5%

is a shame really since we finally have some epics that arent vendor trash for builds but then it got hammered.

Did you have a chance to try a spec I suggested?

Damn, so is saboteur even worth playing? I just hit level 48 and was looking for a good build.
Should I just start over?

Playing Saboteur right now, seems to be perfectly fine. Yesterday beat crucible 170 (but played duo with a friend, not solo).

He not even close to DM infil or bm, and IMO not worth playing it.
But if you like saboteurs very much, can try.