[1.0.7.1] Electric Madness - Storm Vindicator, Gladiator farmer (8 minutes)

In my experience with the skyfire grenado purifier I did, elemental blast was not worth the ulzuin belt. But it could be different since we are talking about different skills.

Tried that in grimtools. Well, loss of 180 base OA hits this build a lot. I’m sure Arcanoweave Cord is suboptimal choice here

Any cataclysm build is a good build in my book.

Nice:)

Oh, stop it, you :slight_smile:
Thanks!

It seems to performs really well vs large target for some reason. Weird shit (in a good way) happens from 1:55 to 2:10.

Have you considered hard capping Melstrom? It seems to do very well in this build.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GG7P52

You also get a neat little extra lightning proc all over the place.

3 storm shards (up to 1000 lightning damage per second), 3 Wind Devils (up to 600 per second), 3 Storm Totems (up to 1500 per second), Reckless Tempest (up to 250 per second) = 3350 base single target damage per second. For comparison, Doom Bolt 26/16 deals ~2300 total damage per hit and Blade Arc 26/16 with transmuter does ~5000 per hit with 2H weapon.
And 260k electrocute ticks on top of that :slight_smile:

I think yes, it should work. I lose some trap resist but with Ulo it should remain at 60%. Reasonable suggestion, I’ll try that!

Try it with even more demigii too maybe

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbDk4gN changed medal which nets you more %lightning and electrocute. I also put SB at 24. It’s almost 200% more lightning dmg. With all your dmg sources this should have a noticeable impact

Yah but it’s still strange how it goes into overdrive vs large targets. there is no shotgun. Edit: it’s the racial dmg actually lol

Maybe, maybe. Personally I prefer to have that racial bonus against basilisks and Kuba, but moar damage should be better. Will test it.

Yes, makes sense.
No shotgun, but still 1.5 Doom Bolts per second :slight_smile:

Doom Bolt needs more power yes :frowning:

In 0.2 you could do 1.5 DB but nerfed it for reasons i can’t understand

Nope.
In this setup my success rate isn’t even 50%, I died 3 times in a row on wave 160 or 170, then I swapped to my default setup and made it in first try.
Either Footpads of Grey Magi or Direwolf crest are mandatory here.

Have you tried Rune of Elgoloth or Spark of Ultos tho?

I tried Rune of Elgoloth and didn’t like it. This character is already hard to pilot with 10 active buttons, and with melee weapon it runs from seal all the time making piloting even harder. Clear time is better but it’s too hard for me

I know you’re not into Rune of Elgotloth but here’s my set-up :
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRlQ8v2

Greens aren’t perfect but it’s a legit char with legit gear!

In Game my armor is over 3k (3147)… could probably get more if I had the recipee for the rings(crafted from Angrim)! Resistances are also nicely overcapped :slight_smile:

I see a space for optimization. Do you really need Fiend?
And that 2700 base DA is not that good

I really doubt dire wolf is vital to your build but as you say. Don’t let death deter you from growing into a new setup

Death is not a problem. Path of warrior is the path of death. But I actually tested it in 5 runs with 3 deaths and 2 successful runs, while default setup always does it.
Footpads of Grey Magi are essential here, I think: proc with extra 15% phys resistance and 100% trap resistance can affect build’s survivability.
As for tempest sigil: I don’t see any reason to exchange extra aether resistance and racial bonus for 100% lightning damage.

I believe on on the boots. Vindicator caster only problem is not having circuit breakers and magi boots is reliable. Too bad, the maelstrom boots are not super popular

I really like the performance of stormbearers boots - 22/12 Maelstrom does wonders.
Successful runs with your build are 50-60 seconds faster than with default setup.
Still, safety first

Another GG build. I tried to make it with full set, but didn’t worked. :cool:

I like (im actually a fan of it for what it brings) fiend for the added damage and survivability (with life leach). I facetank pretty much everything anyways… i might get more DA with better affixes on MI items. I tried to play with a different dovotion set-up for more DA but less OA and I prefer that current devotion set-up! At least I got 2 procs that brings over 100 DA each.