[1.0.7.1] Facemelter vit cabalist

thanks go out to Mad_Lee and Valinov for tweaks

warning-serious-face-melting

This build is very similar to Excelsiar’s vit cabalist.
The main difference being in a higher OA and DA and the use of Gaze of Dreeg for some sweet auto-attack action.
I’m mostly posting this for reference purposes, but feel free to comment.

GRIMTOOLS

cabalist

• high DOTs
  • can almost facetank most mobs and bosses
  • even deals quite some damage when not attacking
  • reasonable clearspeed
  • crazy survivability
  • nice OA
  • decent DA

disclaimer: I usually play this build with a (steam) controller, for which it is perfectly suited!

Pandemic version, dealing more damage and with better energy management by Mad_Lee

Without the flying eyes from the amulet because that was switched as well, resulting in losing a bit of the auto-attack power and facetank possibilities.

Bonespike of blight version by Ptirodaktill.

reserved for updates #2

I understand this is a Main Campaign build, correct?

I would recommend a bit of a skill reallocation, like that. I think investing that much into Solael’s Witchfire is a total waste, rather invest in real damage like Vile Eruption and more points into RE and it’s nod.

Thanks, that does make a difference of roughly 400 damage.
Nice tweak!

The only thing I’m not entirely sure about is halving the amount of points in MoT, I mean, that’s 6% less absorption…
Which can make a difference in many a situation. :eek:

I understand this is a Main Campaign build, correct?

I suppose, I usually play main campaign.
That said, even though I can’t disclose too much about it, I’m not entirely unhappy with how it performs in SR.
I haven’t tested crucible with it, I rarely play it.
Obviously a caster like this one, and I’m assuming this would apply to any vit cabalist, can’t tank all the time.
I do facetank quite a lot for a cabalist though and get away with it.
In situations where it becomes a bit more hairy, good piloting and patience can do wonders.

yea i agree with the above poster… changed skill allocation, as well as some components/augments https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MzPlWV
also i find foul eruption to be a waste, especially when you use manticore

Also thank you, interestingly you did manage to squeeze out some more OA/DA.
The DA especially was needed.
I suppose it justifies damage going down slightly.
Apparently the 6% absorption loss doesn’t worry either of you, so this is fine(?)

Mad_Lee’s version gave me a slight raise in damage but did nothing for OA/DA.

I’ll look into a combination of both I guess, because looking at it quickly it seems Mad_Lee’s skill allocation with your component/augment setup can give me the best of both worlds.

also i find foul eruption to be a waste, especially when you use manticore

You’re right if we’re talking about the flat RR, 25% hp reduction though…

compare the smax bloody pox vs lvl 15 it is almost double the damage
the problem is that most bosses are immune or highly resistant to hp reduction. Most mobs that can be hit by it will die relatively quickly to other damage sources… just my 2cents

Also the loss of the bit of absorb should be offset by the 4% extra phys resist i picked up by taking aspect of the guardian to 12

probably could decay down to 1 point as well because bloody pox is covering enemy damage reduction
something like https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXgrdBZ

I didn’t know that, fair enough!
Bloody pox sounds very enticing as well.

Edit: changed in OP.

I haven’t touched devotions, I just changed an amulet, weapon and moved some skill points: here.

I understand it would be a shame to let go of those flying dreeg eyes, but Conduit is a better choice overall and it’s mod to RE will ultimately yield more damage, same goes for weapon. I think if you try you will get a taste of an ultimate face melting experience!

P.S. Don’t waste points on Bloody Pox, it’s only good for Wasting.

P.P.S. there isnt a place where those 7 skill points will yield more damage on this build.

are you sure? the sheet WD is 700-400 lower

I am pretty sure. Sheet weapon damage doesn’t mean anything on a caster. Just try it and tell me how it goes.

alright, will do

I used this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDJgYB2 as RE spammer. Not sure how RE peform w/o mods and resets, but when you have 8 of them on the map its hilarious :smiley: DMG output is quite good.

Too bad Conduit amulets are so hard to craft, well to get the desired pre and suffix :confused:

I did dual wielding Dark One cabalist a while ago, with dual Pandemics though. Worked pretty good.

No idea why Final March boot is included in one of the suggested changes, you do not need overcap slow res in main campaign (perhaps in Shattered realm later though)

3 of 5 suffixes are good for this build. Only poison and bleed are useless.
Final march is one of the best boots in the game. You can replace them with il omen boots if you want to add Bonner harvest to build, or with Boneshatter .

I haven’t touched devotions, I just changed an amulet, weapon and moved some skill points: here.

I understand it would be a shame to let go of those flying dreeg eyes, but Conduit is a better choice overall and it’s mod to RE will ultimately yield more damage, same goes for weapon. I think if you try you will get a taste of an ultimate face melting experience!

P.S. Don’t waste points on Bloody Pox, it’s only good for Wasting

You were right, much quicker meltings!
As an extra benefit, energy management is better too.
I’m not sure if this has to do with the energy and (marginal) regen on the ammy, or just the quicker kill time so buttons are pressed less often.
Anyway, I’ll take it!

Added to second post, as well as the version by Ptiro.

Final march is one of the best boots in the game. You can replace them with ill omen boots if you want to add Boner harvest to build, or with Boneshatter

I agree, and it is an option for sure.
Personally I’m not going there atm because I’m getting tired of rebuilding it and I’m having a blast with Mad_Lee’s pandemic version atm.

Funny thing, this build used to be centered around Ill Omen and the IO greaves.
I dubbed it a “scaremancer” and it had the funny side effect that the damage on regular mobs often double dipped, because after running off they came back for some more.
Later I found out that the version I posted was actually much stronger and more efficient so I removed the IO part, and as a result also went for the Stoneplate Greaves.

Glad I could help!