[1.0.7.1] Familiar Conjurer - Beginner's Guide

How well do you think this build would do against ravager and mondragon on ultimate?

Pretty poorly, it’s not designed for those trophy fights. If you want to fight them with a pet Conjurer use a Beastcaller’s build.

Wow, great guide, at least for me.

like i said before: great build and absolut beginner friendly.

thats my summoner right now:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkxvBR2

Farming nemesis reputation in the main campaign right now. Can do easy 150-170 challenger in the crucible. Did not try gladiator yet.

Any Idea how to min max the char more? I know I miss 2 skill points. One is from the guardian/temple quest.
Devotion / skill / Item wise? Still room to improve?

thx

Glad it’s working out for you.

It looks like you’re trying to get your poison resistance maxed without Aspect of the Guardian, which isn’t really needed as long as you keep Blood of Dreeg up all the time (which you should). You could try something like this which switches components and augments around to cover your resistance plus adding another Eldritch Mirror and Seal of Ancestory.

Also Wildshorn Legguards would be better pants if you have them

beside this? More and faster killing power is not possible? :smiley:
Weapon is the best setup? I can craft the stuff you linked in the op.
Is this gladiator ready? My build? :smiley:

I would stick with that weapon unless/until you have Bysmiel’s Domination, in which case you can switch to something closer to this which is a little more powerful offensively. You could probably handle Gladiator with your current setup if you’re an experienced enough pilot, but otherwise I’d hold off until you get the rings, they’d make a big difference over what you have.

Well, you don’t have a component or a an augment in your spellbinder glyph.

Also, that low of a DA is probably going to hurt. It might help a bit to put Topaz in both Rings. Speaking of Rings, Signet isn’t doing anything for your pets so if you can cover the resists then I’d suggest replacing that. 2 Glyph of Kelp Rings would be better though.

Ah. The Rings… fuck. Yeah they are missing.

I have in the stash ready
the pants
the relic i can build

the medal is missing
the shoulders are not mythic

… ok great. Some more stuff to the grimdawn bucketlist :smiley:

edit: LOL. I saw: I can craft the rings :smiley:

Good day

I have followed this build and currently am lvl 96 in Ultimate.
I don’t have all the items yet, and I ran normal Crucible…got killed on wave 170.

What is Banners and blessings ? I didn’t use any of those.

Here is my build so far:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jq78EN

Any suggestions are welcomed.
Thank you
Gogga

I am no pro. But i Learned: Max resist is some of the top prios. And normal Crucible is not worth the farming.
I run bastion of chaos or other skelleton key dungeons in 10-15 minutes and you get more legs as in crucible.

Remember that the Resistances you see are without the pets aura’s.
Only Aether and chaos are in the low 50’s…where I need some better augments.

Will finish the playthrough on Ultimate campaign, and follow your advice on farming the campaign dungeons for a while.

Thank you

Regards Gogga

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pDMra2

finished the build, like in the op.
should this be gladiator ready?
I died once in 170 on challenger mode - but i think its my fault. Bad pilot :rolleyes:
My pet dies more or less often against the hard nemesis waves -. Is this normal or bad piloting? Most problems I get from: the reaper, the archmage, iron maiden and fabius. Nearly all fast or heavy aoe nemesis are real stressfull.
After my pets died this happen: All enemies are on the run to kill me. I run in circles and hope to stay alive to get my cds ready and summon all my stuff again. :rolleyes:

edit:
gladiator 150 with 2 blessings - down :)) what i learned? learn to move your pets! :smiley:

edit2:
gladiator 170 with 4 blessings - down! :smiley: start the second time but was to slow, last wave the blessings expired and my pet dieds and rip.

edit3:
gladiator failed on 160 with 4blessings. how do you handle 2 reapers, the big golem and iron maiden at once?!! wtf.

Hi Sigatrev

First off, thank you for a very nice build with easy to follow instructions. I must say that this is my first build that I took all the way to Lvl 100, and finished Crucible with ( normal ) Working my way up to Challenger and then ill take on Gladiator.

A few questions:

1.How important is Wind devil to the build, and especially Soft capping Raging Tempest. I Chose to rather over cap the familiar skills.

2.I still have a hellhound, only 1 point invested ( get +3 from equipment )

3.My Resistances are all capped, would you ( and any other veteran of course ) take a look at my setup, and see if it can be improved with other type of Augments/components.

4.My Devotions are also different in 1 aspect, I didn’t take Ulo but panther, which allowed me 1 more point effectively, which I chose to put in the first node of Empty throne.

Now that is a mouthful !

Any help/suggestions from anyone would be appreciated. Here is the link:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0DdORV

Once again thank you, I now have a build that can farm items for other builds, which really makes me excited !

I am obviously not Siggy, but I will try my best to perhaps be of help.

1. Those -RR from Raging Tempest means more damage for everything elemental. I will let someone else do the exact math, but generally more RR is good.

2. And that is fine. Don’t expect too much of the doggo, but it will atleast serve as a distraction.

3. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9qlbQV might be better. Try it out and see.

4. That should not break the game, so don’t worry too much about that :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for your input Maya, much appreciated.

Is the Runebound Topaz so important because of the +52 Defensive ability ?
I get the Eldritch mirror for the +8 % Speed, and having 2 x of them is +16 %. I focussed more on getting all Resistances maxed, and had a huge Healthpool.

More armor absorption is also good, does it mean that the armor is more effective in terms of incoming damage ? ( meaning instead of the default 70% abs, I now have 78% )

Thank you in advance
Gogga

Maya was correct, but I’ll elaborate on a few points.

Wind Devil is not critical, but I would definitely either soft cap Raging Tempest or not use Wind Devil at all. Using Wind Devil has two downsides - more buttons to press and more agro to you. It’s not worth those costs if you’re not going to be getting the most out of it. The benefit of the Raging Tempest is significantly higher than the benefit from Storm Spirit, but the build will function fine without it.

The purpose of Ulo is for the resistances. Solemn Watcher is another alternative depending on what resistances you need. Panther is a fine choice if you can max your resistances fine without those.

In terms of equipment, I think there is some decent room for improvement.

The medal is probably the weakest link. My first choice would be anything with +2 Familiar allowing you to swap the Wendigo Conjuring Seal for a second Glyph of Kelphat’Zoth, but Beastcaller’s Medal is probably also better. I’d probably even the Legion Mark of the Void over Wendigo Gaze for the chaos resistance and OA.

Overlord’s Iron Grip are a much better glove choice. The skill modifiers are great defensively and it has really good pierce resistance on it.

You are correct on all regards :smiley:

You can replace the Topaz on rings with something else if you so wish, but I would say it should serve you more than any other component will atm.

The total speed you get from E.Mirrors (yes they stack to provide you with 16%) help kill stuff faster, meaning less chance for them to try and kill you or your pets.

Also more armor absorption means that armor is more effective. So, you correct on that too.

Also, everything Sig said above.

Thank you for the advice.

I came up with this, got lucky, and got the gloves. Still looking for a better medal/pants and armor.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQvAO82

I have 126% Fire overcap, 46% Cold and Lightning overcap, 44 % Vitality and 83% Bleeding Overcap.

Not sure If I can reduce it in favour of anything else, since it is from equipment and pet buffs.

I removed my 1 point in Hellhound, and will see how it goes. Please twink/add/remove suggest away- .

Regards

Gogga

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0D1XyV

No major changes, just a little bit of stuff :smiley:

Btw, don’t know if you are aware. But you can still get 1 more skill point from the quest “The other You”. Just putting that out there.