[1.0.7.1] Familiar Conjurer - Beginner's Guide

Thank you for the quick replies !

I don’t have the Blueprint for sacred plating yet, will do that once I get it.

Thanks for the quest tip, will go and do that now.

Regards
Gogga

I’m not at all surprised by this, having taken a couple different pet builds to 100 recently. What do you think would be the minimum to handle Lokarr comfortably though? I haven’t taken pets in there, so I don’t have a good sense of how they hold up (or don’t). The raven is by far my favorite pet in the game, and I don’t really want to make yet another double briar/double birb build, but I’m not sure what else would work well.

I think my real problem is that I get bored of the common, obvious, meta builds and prefer unusual stuff with some kind of quirk or gimmick (which usually can’t do the hardest stuff in the game as a result), but that’s another post entirely…

This build does just fine against Lokarr. I’m not sure what the ‘minimum’ requirements would be, but the fight tends not to be too hard. Considering he has extremely high resistances, you’re better off using the devotion setup with Arcane bomb, which also has Ishtak so most of the time he’s attacking your pets instead of you.

Nice. That sounds pretty straightforward.

I just realized my cold/lightning pet Conjurer I forgot about would probably be just fine with that too, so maybe I’ll give that a shot at some point: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26vpw02

I just wanted to compliment you on this guide. Its the most well thought out, organized, scale-able guide Ive come across in a long time. Was looking to improve my Conjuror and this fits the bill perfectly. All guide should be beginners guides as far as Im concerned. This was Pro all the way.

Hey,

Im plugging in the devotion points from the first option and Im not seeing where you put the Chaos Affinity points. Grim tools shows you have 3 but I see them nowhere in a constellation. I cant complete the Rashtook Staff or get to Ishtak without them,

Nevermind…I had to do the old switcheroo with one constellation to grab what I needed and then deselected out of the bridge helper.

Yeah, for pretty much all the builds you will come across such things where you might have to go for a devotion (in this case jackal) to get to another and then buy back the points from the first one later.

[b]

Hey Maya,

Well, from your kind advice and link to this great guide I put this together so far. I had most of the gear from 3 months of playing. I just traded for the Will of Bysmiel today. This build is going to be fun…alot more fun I think. I had the Tome of Arcane Wastes as a substitute for the off-hands recommended and its a gasser…Obliteration. Energy beam. I may keep it. That was one thing about pet builds. Often you just sit back and do nothing when you want to get more into the fight. So we’ll see. *I just pieced together the gear…no augments or anything yet

Familiar Conjuror
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2Jz8jE2

If you are interested, here is my Purifier build. I completed a Duel Wielding pistol setup but I found myself running from the enemy too often. And wasnt satisfied. I got lucky and found the 2 Handed Infernal Brimstone Mace and its made all the difference. Way more damage and the Rain of Fire is a blast. The rain of fire activates the Deadly Aim Inquisitor skill and its vicious. Thats why Im glad you turned me on to this Conjuror build which uses Blizzard in a devotion…i like raining down on my enemies. So thanks again…feel free to add me as a friend.

Infernal Brimstone Purifier
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqyGD6Z[/b]

Glad to hear that you are having fun :smiley:

Hey dude nice guide!

I was thinking if you can add the information that the Beastcaller helm blueprint can be sold by the vendor in Ancient Grove?

:slight_smile:

It’s already in there, in the Equipment post under the giant “Useful Faction/Vendor/MI items” label.

ah yeah, but I meant under the “Helm” section.

It’s there too.

Edit: Oh I get what you’re saying.

Hey Sig…Im progressing this build along and had a Fiendflesh Mantle drop for me. What do you thing about swapping the Lightning Patron Shoulders for these and compensating with the Blightstone Invoker (+2 Familiar) for the weapon? I mean you lose the lighting damage bonus but that mantle combined with the Fiendflesh greaves gives 20k Damage absorption.

its a great guide, however where should i put my attribute points? as i heard you cant undo these when allocated.

You can undo them with a special potion that is a quest reward in Ashes of Malmouth acts. They can also drop in crucible and from Nemeses.

In almost all of the cases, you want just cunning and spirit for gear requirement (typically about 400 if you have dagger, and 724 if you have lvl 94 caster off-hand. Then there are devotions that reduces the requirements like crane and dryad). If you need temporary spirit, invest a bit into the mastery bar because that is much easier to undo/refund.

thank you for the swift response :wink:

Question for OP.

Why is the +1 all skills crucial to the build? Was thinking of using the Stormbringer offhand which would give me 1 less Summon familiar point for a total of 25 over capped instead of 26. Dont have Modrigans Ardor.

Didn’t see this before, sorry. If you have trouble surviving, the Fiendflesh Mantle is quite helpful. If you do not have trouble surviving, there is no need to trade offensive power for extra defense.

Having 26/16 is important because the Familiar gets a 5th projectile at that level (a 25% increase in damage potential), and provides a ~8% increase in damage per projectile.

Stormbringer provides ~200% Lightning Damage. The Familiar has ~2000% Lightning damage as is, so it provides about 10% increase in damage per projectile while not providing an extra one.

My personal experience is that in most cases the extra +1 all skills is more impactful, but you’re welcome to try either way.