[1.0.7.1] Freezing OFF Nex & Ortus Spellbreaker (fancy killtimes)

[b]Hey guys,

my poor Spellbreaker was out of commission for a long time. But not anymore! Since the latest patch brought some nice upgrades to cold builds I reactivated and having a blast with it. You like crowd control, high OA and pretty fast clear times? Try this one out. You are welcome![/b]

My recommended Gear, Devotions and Skilldistribution:
Grimtools

Buffed up

This is a dual wielding Spellbreaker build, focused on Cold Damage, Crowd Control and damage conversion (Pierce and Lightning into Cold). It clears all regular content with ease. Didn’t try any Super Bosses.

The new Mageslayer Set buffs to OFF, together with the updated Nex & Ortus proc, really help this one out in terms of cc and damage. Just SS into a bunch of mobs, everything freezes (except some bosses and Nemesis, depending on their freeze resist) and pretty much everything is dead a second later. Sounds easy and it is easy to play. But gear dependant.

With all buffs active you inflict only around 80k paper DPS, but together with your procs and DoT it still is one of the fastest killing builds, at least in Vanilla.

The OA sits around 3500 with ~60% Crit Damage. High OA is important to make the new Sacred Balance proc go off pretty much every second. :wink:

Together with ~2500 DA and all the cc it is pretty tanky. You might want to get some other boots, pants and Augments for more HP/DA/Armor though, but I love the glass canon playstyle.

Resist Reduction is served by Devotion Procs and Skills and sums up to -151 Cold RR .

As Auto Attack Replacer we’re using Beronath’s Fury from Shard of Beronath component.

Videos
Quick BoC Run (10 sec Shar’Zul kill)

Gameplay:
LMB - Beronath’s Fury (Hand of Ultos)
RMB - Shadow Strike (Elemental Storm)
Keyboard 1 - Pneumatic Burst
Keyboard 2 - OFF
Keyboard 3 - Amarasta’s Blade Burst (Rumor)

Rush in with SS, cast OFF and ABB, hit with Beronath’s Fury, everything is dead. Repeat if not.

Crucible:
I am not a Crucible player but my guess is, it can clear it with ease with some different gear and more defensive skill and devotion setup.

Alternative Gear:
I guess better MI Pants, some other Mythical Pants and crafted Boots. Some other rings, Relics and medals might also work, I will add a list later.

To sum it up: It is an agressive dw melee build with very good cc and DPS, making use of some updated items and skills, which weren’t commonly seen before. Give it a try!

Shoutouts to Chthon, JoV, Thrasheur, Stupid Dragon, TomoDaK, Superfluff, Drizzto, jajaja, whoever I forgot.

That is some damn fine Fashion Dawn. Malakor could learn a thing or two, here.

Hey man

Have you tried SS by any chance? Gotta try this set some time

Who is this Malakor? :cool:

Hey bro.

Not really yet, but I recognized the buff to Night Fall is pretty nice. But it’ll be hard to max SS with Mageslayer set. Should be fun though.
Anyhow, I am just finishing AoM with this build. Haven’t touched my Spellbreaker since xpac before. Might try some other builds with it afterwards. :slight_smile:

gonna try this build, looks cool. Did you try Saboteur Nex/Ortus build with elemental balance rings? its pretty amazing! Def. Malakor worthy

nice one… I dont think ill do a build post on this, so ill just leave it here. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPlnRPZMy mageslayer FoI build. rocks -229 fire resist against mobs hit by OFF even for a fraction of a second. MeltyMelty

Also IMO, you should finish Revenant then remove the crossroad points… the skeletons will stack up quick with the new changes and they can provide distractions which are nice. That way you can pick up the proc from chariot as well, should help a bit with low da. As well as dropping scholars light/throne to take wolverine. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28vdpzZ

Nice build. How long is the freeze on things like rage hulks or those ugdenbog golems?

I tried and enjoyed it! It’s a very nice build and I enjoy playing my Saboteur again thanks to it. :slight_smile:

MH just isn’t my type of toon, but it looks pretty amazing and I guess it’s a strong performer.

The skeletons from Revenant still suck imo. I have them maxed out on my Vit char and even after all the buffs they recived I dont think they are worth it. I’d rather push DA by items tbh. Wolverine can be included w/o taking Revenant anyhow, which I’d recommend for playing Crucible.

Rage Hulks can be frozen for a short time, Ugdenborg Golems just don’t care about OFF. But they die pretty quickly anyhow. :wink:

Hi, good build. I’ll definitely try this one because my setuf for my spellbreaker damage is on but defence off, only glass canon )

Hey!

Looks like an awesome build. I have a spellbreaker currently collecting dust, whom i might rebuild into something like this.

Any other relic that can be used? I have an ignaffar’s combustion and a belgothians carnage lying around.

Edit:
Ok, the iskandra relic is lvl 70. Thought it was lvl 90. I can probably craft it straight away then.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Belgothian’s Carnage also works pretty fine with it.

Jager, since I’m just coming back to the game from a long away time, which Devotion do you recommend to start in.

I’d start like this:
Jackal
Hawk
Quill
Eel
Murmur, Mistress of Rumors
Rhowan’s Crown
aim for Ultos

Just for leveling, you could also start with Tsunami and skip Eel to have an AOE dmg proc early on:

Tsunami
Jackal
Hawk
Quill
Murmur, Mistress of Rumors
Rhowan’s Crown
aim for Ultos

With N&O equipped, you should aim (reskill) for my or mad_lee’s Devotion setup.