[1.0.7.1] Korba's Stratagem: 5:35 150-170 Crucible Gladiator - 0 greens melee Trickster[g3][c+][vid]

This build is not 100% success rate against Mad Queen it seems. But if you are playing spec I made you should just keep fighting when you have Ghoul and time your Amarasta’s Blade Burst and Wind Devils (so you don’t spam them too often). If you have good crafted boots, you can equip them and equip Prismatic Diamond in a head like Jager said.

Thanks. If you take an Aether Cluster it is a quick win. I just wanted to know if I miss something obvious. Will take a look at Prismatic Diamond. Thx for all the help.

This build looks cool^^

Thanks for the build. With little changes I find usage for my freaking Soulrend that was so dusty. Now I enjoy two handed cold savagery build with so much DPS it is not even funny. Sadly it is more on squishy side but hell its fun.

For 2handed Cold Savagery Trickster you definitely want Winter King’s sword over Soulrend 10 times out of 10.

From patch notes:

[li] Korba’s Fury Set: reduced Cold damage bonus to 14-22, increased Cold damage modifier for Savagery to 20[/li]
[li] Korba’s Hood: reduced Cold damage modifier for Savagery to 15[/li]

How are these changes affecting the build? :eek:

Well, this particular build isn’t even using the full Korba set; instead, it relies on Nex & Ortus, which apparently will be nerfed heavily in patch 1.1. too.

A true Korba build using all of the set’s pieces like this one would probably still be fine, but I have to admit that I have no personal experience with that :slight_smile:

I think this build is going to be semi-viable after FG hits, but not because of Korba slight nerfs, but because Nex and Ortus have been redesigned. Time for old dog Korba to get back to his trusty old axes.

It’s sad because it kill diversity of stuffing and build, i personnally dislike when a build depend only on an entire set with plenty of the same set ( more than 2 ) :undecided:

This one was what i really expected from building a char in GD ( 2 piece of set here, 2 set there , free slot for whatever item we want for own customization ) and enjoying the result .

PS ; can you say wich augment did you use for weapon slot please? I always have hard time to see them on grimtool because the list of bonuses are too long and my mouse wheel is broken ty .

I do agree with you. Swords were definitely overpowered and deserved a nerf. Maybe toning down procs, like bring flat RR values to ~15-18 and lowering healing proc as well as some flat numbers (maybe just 50% Acid converted to cold) would make those swords still a viable choice for a plethora of beautiful builds that were made with them.

It was one of the very few if not the only one set that enabled strong dual-elemental builds. Right now they are limited to Sabouter and Sabouters are one of the weakest melee Nightblades out there (challenged only by Reapers in their glassiness). Sigh, what can you do :frowning:

I don’t really understand why the change is such a problem for these builds. Was acid conversion really that major of a component? I never even thought about the acid/poison damage on these until the set got changed.

Or is it also because they also nerfed the set proc?

Acid conversion removal makes those swords kinda worse than default Korba weapons. We lost about 30% of our flat damage.

All those dead builds will have deplorable 7 minute Crucible times now, right? #deadbuild :rolleyes:

That’s not how it works, man. A lot of those builds relied on dishing out huge damage in order to survive. A Trickster that does mediocre or low damage in melee is one dead Trickster.

You can say the same about a lot of Nex and Ortus builds, with losing 30% of their damage they are no longer viable. But not like you said, not “7 minute deplorable Crucible Times” not viable, no. With such a huge hit to damage the consistency of those builds drops a lot. So if before you had 6-6:30 minute build that could do it with ~85% success rate, after N and O nerfs you have 7:30-8 minute builds that would do it with below 50% success rate.

So instead of trolling you could’ve asked top builders who spent hundreds of hours min-maxing end-game builds how would this nerf affect those builds. But whatever, what’s dead is dead, I hope at least you understand why a lot of top builders who made N and O builds called their builds “effectively dead”.

Sounds like poor balance.

I heard that before…then we ended up with new record clear times.

What you and I consider dead are not the same thing. To me, that means the build was able to ignore defenses to the point where it had superior clear times to more balanced builds.

But what do I know…you have “hundreds of hours of theorycrafting”…

First of all, not my fault that Crate makes meme-tier swords into god-killer weapons that enable so many cool builds and then returns them into borderline meme-tier weapons usable only by Sabouter (which is the weakest and on of the least popular melee classes).

Second of all, how else can a dual wield melee build survive in Crucible (or higher Shards) if it’s not a fat chonky Tactician with Inquisitor’s Seal and 22/12 Aura of Censure?

Sounds like you haven’t tried making end-game dual-wield melee build that is not Inquisitor, mate, no offense. But this is how top melee non-shield builds work - if you don’t deal huge damage - don’t even bother with end-game content with those.

Yes, it is most definitely not the case that I only play dualwield melee builds that rarely involve Inquisitor…

(they tend to involve Cadence)

Why are you so sure that those builds ignore defenses? Have you even tried playing your own characters in end-game environment? Like tried making a build that works properly in Crucible 150-170 or in higher Shards and is not an Inquisitor?

“Hundreds of hours of theorycrafting”, lol, builders spend hours, days and sometimes weeks testing and polishing those builds before writing those guides and posting those videos. It’s a lot of trial and error, and sometimes it’s not really fun.

But you can get away with straight up offending builders for no reason instead of actually trying to maybe work with them for once.

I mean, whatever, you are busy with the actual game design and such, but dropping by and talking nonsense about the stuff you seem to have little to no expertise in (I mean end-game builds) is just lame.

The first thing new Praetorians learn when they join the playtesting group is humility.

Perhaps I should have invited you just for that. :eek:

You try to offend me every day in our own forum, what makes you immune? :wink:

By all means though, try N&O builds when the patch is out and if I’m wrong and these builds are truly DEAD (will be a first), I will be happy to make changes the community feels are necessary.