[1.0.7.1] Rime Time - Cold Infiltrator/Blade Throwing Beast *under 7min 170

[SIZE=“4”]Intro
Valinov here with another lazy build post… but at least I was able to record a video this time! :rolleyes:

I’ve always been a fan of PB, and I’m happy to say this is probably the best version out of the ones I’ve played. (Although my converted vit WH comes in a close 2nd Found Here) This one uses the rimetongue set. The set allows bladetrap and horn of gondarr to do very nice supplimental damage alongside the tried and true beastly output of spam cast phantom blades. You also will learn to appreciate the elemental damage reduction on gondarr which makes bosses like Aleksander very easy.

Bladetrap, the skill which has been in the dumpster since the dawn of time, finally gets to shine! It brings HUGE da shred to the table, very nice sustain, and decent damage. It even works on bosses now for a very short window when the amulet proc hits one. When that is combined with PB (which has a large natural crit damage via nether edge), our possible -160 cold resist, good crit damage/OA, and high %cold damage, we end up with single target damage that is on a whole other level. I’ve seen individual blade crits for 130k in crucible! You cast 6 blades at a time, multiple casts per second too. The new nidalla’s outbreak adds more blades into the mix creating a visual feel. Cast speed is a little low, so I often run using the 10% cast speed elixir.

Tbh I imagine the clear speed can be near the 6:15 - 6:30 minute mark with a computer that doesnt lag at the begin of every wave. The video below was my first attempt using the character in crucible, easy clear. More practice would lower clear times a bit too.

Grimtools
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbJr04V
Build from the video. Some things to note: You need to be aligned with Kymon for augments to fix resists easier. Also a ravager’s eye on the offhand would probably be a good bet, but my character was hostile to barrowhelm…

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gDgp6V - Different augments/components, assuming you are friendly with barrowhelm, loss of some flat damage in exchange for cast speed. Should be better overall clear speed *credit mad_lee

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqRMnAN - If you dont have stonehide green boots
Augments are changed to fix resist. Also chillstrife is BiS so get to farming, should only take about a year to farm the mods in the link. :eek: Although there are many other good combos that will work just fine.

Videos
170 clear ~7mins
I will say when it comes to crucible if you get the unstoppable mutator the run will become harder. Swift mutator will make it easier.

[/SIZE]

runecaster of scorched runes would be bis for the dagger i think

Was about to post your build myself, lol, since you took forever to finally do it :).

I think you can be much smarter with augments/components and devotions.

Like this. 190% casting speed instead of 174% (so big damage boost right away) and at least some slow resist from Sailor’s Guide (instead of Eel).

And I think flat damage here is a bit overrated since our low weapon damage.

I would also boost our slow resist somewhere, maybe take Tranquil pants, since Slow Resist should boost this build’s damage by tons in current Crucible. EDIT: Forgot you have inspiration. Still though, some permanent slow res on top of Inspiration would be nice.

EDIT2: I understand that you like Nidalla but total speed from Nemesis (coupled with more OA/DA shred and important Human Damage) would mean much more damage than a single proc from Nidalla. Heck, even Mogdrogen would result in more damage here.

Yeah its been a long time since I played him. I actually had re-purposed him into testing something else. Sailor is definitely better. Added another variant to the list, and updated original with sailor.

Also getting blade trap to 20/12 is important for the extra .4 duration. Since bosses are highly resistant to it very bit of duration you can squeeze is huge.

I was actually unsure about 20/12 BT vs 12/12 BT, since I barely played with that skill. But I am pretty sure that this beastly kind of a beast damage just needs casting speed to shred. Flat damage is another good question that needs to be tested, because weapon damage is reduced drastically but we still have 6 projectiles.

I also got curious if there is a good non-green alternative to green dagger but only found this, lol. Which I guess isn’t too much worse than the green dagger.

Yeah I’ve actually tested with that weapon. Definitely not a bad option while farming for one.

I like bladetrap a lot but…
For PB build, I still love vit WH

Recorded on my crappy laptop.

Yeah vit pb is even stronger now that blade spirit was buffed! I definitely plan on going back to do a video with my vit pb character referenced in the OP.