[1.1.1.1 - 1.1.5.2] Dreeg's Acid Fisting - Venomblade Dervish - Caster/Melee Hybrid High Dmg Setups (c+) (sr+)

Nice build, added to my thread. :wink:

I’m doing this build, but it’s frustrating that GrimTools is down half the time lately. I keep forgetting to screenshot the devotions and skillpoint allocations.

Survival is tenuous. DPS is insane.

Yeah, about survival, I made a tweak of this build to clear some shards and wanted to post it but no grimtools. Basically, put Seal of Might and Ravager Eye on main weapon (not on the fist) and Mark of Mogdrogen on the boots, Living Armor and Sacred Plate on chest/shoulders and adjust res augments accordingly. Pull points from Merciless Repertoire and put them in Ascention till 13/12 and PB transmuter. If still dying then last resort is Seal of Ancestry on the amulet.

Thanks for your suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

Do you think maybe I could see screenshots of your skill point allocation without equipment on?

Hi, I’m new around these parts. Just wanted to say thanks for the guide, its a fun and powerful build. I’m still missing a few items but I’m getting by without them so far, gotta keep grinding!

im about to make a char using this build in HC with tweaks

-i feel like ascension is one of the strongest skills since it doenst need shield. do you really need to max merciless repertoire over acension? your essentailly just getting flat poison per 5 from it, do you really need it? seems like spec got enough upfront burst to kill things

-on relic , i was gonna use meditation or even malediction for the massive flat acid and %. since nidalla’s skill dont look like much i assume ur using it mainly for +nb , is it really that important? i haven’t looked into devo much but maledication would let u drop manticore for something else, and also make proc devos less clunky. since plenty of RR aalready.

-to save points , what about losing the 3 points in shadowstrike line and just use the acid mobility rune ? it debuffs DA as well and got pretty nice dmg when your points are tight already.

-manticore on guardians probably procs it on the wrong spot all the time no? i had this issue with ele storm , i think binding rumor to guardians is better since it spreads, and manticore to something like SS, since it will proc on the area u want

finally since MoD is a given on any HC char, im glad the medal is a nonessential part of the build and using greens kuba+zantarin will let me get rid of this bad gloves and physical pants^^

just some initial thoughts as i haven’t actually played the char yet. definitely looks pretty beastly damage wise, seems like greens should take the build to a whole nother lvl… found some random viloth ring with 170 oa and 54 da… not even a double rare

Thx for your comments. I’d like to say that I “grew up” on your builds (I use quotation marks because I’m probably older than you;)) and I’m glad you’re back. I added a slightly tweaked setup with a bit more survival and still quite a lot of oomph.

Ascension, yes, I took it. Cant go below sr30 without it.

Relic imo is BiS. I tried Meditation and all that flat is great but aether res was impossible. Malediction is a total miss imo. No skills and 13 less rr… And Manticore is not just there for rr (90% acid, acid res, some oa, even a little poison flat). Anyways, +1 to nightblade is what carries this build with so many things at one point. And Nidalla proc is very good now. During the time of your melee reign it was an active skill so no one even looked its way. But as a proc it’s real good. I was also thinking of Belgothian for the cooldowns but aether res on Nidalla wins every time.

Manticore procs just fine on the guardians. I use pet attack a lot on oathkeepers. Especially on DoTs where the guardians like to stay in the rear. But binding it to Fervor and giving Eye to the Guardians is a close call (I did that on that new setup). Rumor on SS is a long tested tradition as demonstrated by monster cold crucible builds from 7.1. It procs on everything in Nightfall’s range right at the start of your charge.

I’d say the medal is quite essential. Every stat except %pierce is of utmost importance. I wouldn’t recommend this build for hc in the first place but if you insist then ofc MoD is a must here no question. But lack of solid res, however, might kill you more times than MoD saves you.

The only green items that are an obvious upgrade are Muchresorhealth’s Zantarin Shoulders of Kings. Even double rare Viloths don’t offer the selection of stats that Deathguard rings have (mainly attack speed, the only affix that gives that much is yellow alacrity that gives nothing else) but for more survival Incorruptible/Thunderstruck/General’s rings of the Dranghoul or something are preferable.

ah, just realized nidalla’s is a proc… i was under the impression it was a activated skill, maybe that was changed from before? its much better than i thought then ^^. might even give serenity a try

i might be able to fix resists with greens to allow more flexiblity. gonna do some testing with rings but ya deathguards are still really strong. seems like some choices were made to complete resists, the purple shoulders just didn’t look like much to me, i would have to see what greens i have, i think can probably find better shoulders/pants combo especially after barbaros nerf

as far as hc viability… i think it probably is viable with good hp greens. i started fresh and literally farmed like 5 straight days of challenger cruci on a eoR warlord… really dying(:rolleyes:) to play something with high ST dps :smiley: of course id never attempt something like no buff cruci or high SR in HC on any char ^^

i did ele storm for a while on guardians and really hated it, but you have a good point about left over poison ticks, didn’t know about aoe rumor proc , although wouldn’t it spread on its own anyway?

again im mostly talking from theory, hopefully i make it far with this char

P.S. im 34… how old are u?

same age lol

Rumor on SS+Nightfall is good because Rumor has a very low proc chance. So if it misses directly from SS is has another 51% to proc on someone else and spread. Plus you can strip some cd with NJE without affecting the proc chance. And you usually start all attacks with SS so it affects mobs for the whole exchange right from the start, maximizing your dmg in the long range.

I never played hc because starting anew the whole inventory building and blueprint farming put me off, and then I started GDStashing which is a habit you can’t quit. But this build is certain to give you a thrill as it’s one of the riskiest dw builds. More so than infiltrators and even spellbreakers. Maybe on par with tricksters. Most of its defense is rng (dodge, fumble, da) and it’s got little else. Ascension helps but it’s only like 9/12 seal and only 65% uptime.

I’d certainly drop Merciless for Ascension and probably put on Stormtitan boots+Tranquil pants or Thunderstruck SG of Arcane Winds and some green pants. Armor nerf on Barbaros hurt this build A LOT but they’re still good due to base armor, phys res and dodge.

Man, I am having a REALLY hard time gearing this build. NOTHING is dropping for me with acid/poison. I keep getting guns upon guns upon guns and gear with Fire and cold. Starting to lose my groove with it.

Yeah i’m finding it a chore to level. I don’t really like leveling with ABB in the first place, but the fact that i should be focusing on poison&acid devotions don’t make it any more fun. At earliest i can get fully cold–>acid converted ABB at level 84 with quillthrower of dreeg.

I remember reading in fluff’s blademaster build that amarasta’s quick cut is a dps loss. Does that apply to this build?

Not on acid. That’s due to NHH bonuses. It gives flat acid to every hit on AQC.

An alterative way to build this is to forego maxing ABB and focus on actually maxing AQC and other WPS together with NHH. But ABB is imo better for AoE and better DoTs.

Added the green setup that had been rolled back.

Have some vids.
Green free (5:51):

[spoiler]

//youtu.be/lmmZirIkMJQ
[/spoiler]
Uploaded the 5:51 run cause the 5:50 run had 2x Zantarins at 170 which was much less interesting. I was surprised at the times and how close all 4 runs were to each other

MI version (5:06):

Damn mercy, never got Rusty I see. Welcome back!!!
PS: don’t forget about my build also… [emoji14]

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

You’re late. Check op. :wink:

Updated with a proper 1.1.2.4 no-green setup.

Thanks for mentioning, I’m going to update my setup as well;)

I think you could get this time now with the new no-green setup, no MI. With adcth from Revenant and Yugol you can fly safe with even less defense.

Also, I’ll be putting together an updated supergreened version tomorrow. Hope you could try it out. Pretty sure it will be better than the previous one. So… maybe the first build in FG to go sub 5?

ya1, how do you think this build still holds up? Also any thoughts on changes that would make this even flashier poison fx wise?