[1.1.1.1] KING OCTAVIUS (everything++)

Hello!
We have to admit that we are expecting a nerf, maybe not that tough, but I think the Warlord will remain the Crate Entertainment love, so … who knows …
From my point of view, I enjoyed maximum. I also found the sensation of finishing crucible 150-170 two times with 4 blessings (that’s because I died 160 naked and annoyed me …). I know, it can be done 3-4 times, but I’m not a good pilot. Moreover, I was able to fight with the Gods; yet I did not manage to beat Mogdrogen, Calahandra and Crate, but I still try…
All I want to say is that it was a beautiful experience for a casual player and can motivate me to deepen the game.
Thanks ya_, thank all those who helped with tips and explanations. I’m looking forward for an update of the build after the new pach appears.
Cya!

Thanks a lot. Really nice to hear that.

Even after nerf this build will surely be able to do double runs in crucible. Probably, naked crucible will be - as it should - a matter of skill. As for celestials, no build should be able to kill them on the march with no preparation. This probably won’t be possible either.

For Mogdrogen/Calahandra you need to kite and facetank is very short bursts. Or try a full facetank by stacking a lot of adcth and lightning/pierce res respectively. Crate is a different story. Afaik you need to avoid all AoE.

Playing self found and don’t have yet. Most of the blueprints I’ve gotten are either charge to target, leap at/away from target(sucks) or other targeted effects. I’m using one that’s a lot like Blitz atm, phys damage, wp damage, maybe Charge of the Bull? Anyway. just want to thank you again for the build, and for the time you and so many here take to help casual players like myself, who otherwise would have given up on this game years ago. Seriously–my own builds are shite. :stuck_out_tongue:

With basically the same gear as OP, Mog, Ravager and Calla were total push overs. I’m not exaggerating, they just were easy to kite and couldn’t hope to kill me as long as I stayed relatively focused.

Crate boss is another story. I killed it, but I needed to remove as much AOE from the build as possible (no Doom relic, only one target max to Aegis). And the fight was still pretty challenging. With all the significant nerfs today, I’m not sure the Octavius Warlord can expect to kill the Crate boss. And I really don’t think it can be killed by this build reliably.

I’ll do some testing when I get home from work later tonight, but I expect the build to be so much weaker than before that I will want to try something new. Not saying the nerfs aren’t deserved, it’s just not going to feel good to someone who is used to the build being fairly close to “god like.” And to be honest, trying new things is one of the best parts of GD so no big deal.

Hi! So after all the nerfs, what you suggest to change?

I`ve tested and noticed not much difference, maybe because the SR 77 or above were tuned down or maybe because I’ve got luck on the bosses combination

Lol what? I used to have 300+k ticks on Iron Maiden in SR80. Now it can’t do 300k on the dummy.

Octavius got hit almost as hard as retal if not more. Will post a setup but it needs a lot of testing. So far 11-12 min naked crucible. Gotta max Laceration, etc.

My experience is exactly the same. I am just an old man enjoying the game with King Octavius at SR 75/76 or finishing crucible. Thanks ya_.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad y’all enjoying the build. It nowhere near dead and can do naked crucible and shards no problem. Just not nearly as fast and as deep as before.

Hi Ya_!

First, thanks for this awesome build.
Second, I have to admit I don’t use all the items you’ve suggest. For example on main hand I use Totally Normal Shield, on Relic I use Citadel and on boots Boneshatter Treads. Sure TTK was hurt a bit, I could feel it, but in terms of survivability without shrines, pots, etc. couldn’t see major difference. The reason I have different items is because although I have 996 hours of gameplay, never dropped The Pummeler, Stonetreaders and Doom blueprint KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I’m waiting all your thoughts after this patch with nerfs everywhere. Thanks again for this build.

Did two SR 75-76 runs last night. The build basically performs as expected, given the significant nerfs. Just a few very brief observations, will post more if I have time to play this build more. Will prob try some other builds though.

• completed both runs, but TTK is slower. Not ridiculously slower, but definitely noticeable

• you are straight up fucked if you get Arcane’d now. I got hit three times, and was deleted each time

• not as sturdy as before. Again, it’s not unplayable or anything, but you can definitely die in SR 75-76 now

In (too hasty) conclusion, the King is dead, but I’m thinking the Squire we have now is better for the health of the game, so long as other builds don’t get away with what we had for too long.

Hey guys, I’m glad to say that I’ve finally gotten my 3rd Octavius piece, just need helm/plan now.

Oh, wait, it got nerfed… :mad:

Take it easy. Pre 1.1.2.0 Octavius wl was def top 3 most op builds in the history. Even if it gets nerfed in half it’s stlll good. Because as far as I tested yesterday this is exactly what happened. It got nerfed in half.

Thread title did not change so this build must stilll be “kingly” good!:wink:

Work in progress. Changed the op intro pic.

So its not OP anymore, but still Toptier build right?

+1. How strong is it now? SR 75-76 viable?

This is the post referenced as the update. Still SR75-76 viable:

1 Like

Can confirm, the build does function in 75-76. It’s by no means op/top tier. You will spend a lot of time kiting in boss rooms with intervals of facetanking with CDs up. DPS is nothing special either, but because its DOT dmg you can spend the entire time kiting and whittling down bosses on tough combos.

1 Like

Build is tanky alright. But it has trouble with sustain to full facetank everything. It used to deal twice as much damage so it wasn’t a problem when it came out. Now, to better facetank I suggest Seal of Blades on the Shield. But I prefer proper shield stats from that shield component.

Oh, I was referring to Princess Octavia build from the link. This setup as is in this thread is dead.

1 Like