[1.1.1.1] KING OCTAVIUS (everything++)

Sure it’s good. You wont get 600k ticks but 400-500k (or 300-400k (or 200-300k? :/)). And gotta let go of 100% recovery and some other extras to fix the holes (like the ones cause by the Oleron belt nerf, etc.).

I’ll update the build once the update hits. If it’s dead it’s dead. Not the first not the last. Can always respect to Warborn.

How good is Warborn compared to this? (After the patch)

ya_ isn’t a praetorian so pretty sure he doesn’t fully know. But from the patch notes the Cadence part of WB isn’t nerfed while the EoR part is only slightly nerfed so it’s still gonna be really good.

Like 1x said I got no idea. Many changes were just mentioned without giving specific numbers (like crit and burn on Aegis). Octavius seems to have been hit strong and in many places. Days of facetanking Ravager and then popping a quick 6:00 in Crucible with no tweaks are certainly over.

However, Octavius Forcewave + what’s left of Aegis is still likely to remain one of the best non-kiting DoT builds. Maybe.

As the name implies, I’m a noob. Been playing this game for about 2 months and only learning now how to build properly (but still fail) :o

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EpXk3N Theory crafted this DoT IT + phy retal build because I have all the pieces…how does it fair? Constructive critisim is what I need to play better. Thanks for the help in advance :slight_smile:

1. There is no retal on this. This is a classic Octavius.

2. Very nice devotion path. I myself was aiming at something like that setup but as you can see from your resistances it wasn’t not possible.

3. Good call on giving up on the shield stats. With Overguard and Shield Training nerfs, I think this might be the best call.

4. Some skillpoint/item/component shuffling is needed. I won’t get into much detail just give a few examples.
    -Aegis and Reprisal should be maxed at all costs - this is your main.
    -Haven should be at least at 5 (returns in %health are best).
    -Counter Stike is a waste of points. You got 500% retal dmg. Octavius is not retal and never was. Leave it at 1 point if you really wanna.
    -Boots are wrong. 1) you got loads of pierce res already and others hardly overcapped. 2) you need those 2 last ranks to Aegis from Stonetreaders.
    -Mark of Mog component is obsolete unless you got run speed problems or stack health regen. Use Enchanted Earth for more health and you get decent armor bonus too. Or use this slot for the res.
    -Ugden Leather on the shoulders is a waste. There are better shoulder/chest/head exclusive components.

5. Your sustain is too low. Give up on the shield stats. Use Seal of Blades on the shield. It will heal you from both Forcewave and Aegis.

Thank you very much. I gave up on counter strike but just forgot to take it off. Golem boots are only there because I have it but the Stonetreaders are better because of the stat boosts that I use and the aether/poison res. I didn’t know that Seal of Blades heals with Forcewave and Aegis so thanks for the heads up. Ugden on shoulders was just for poison res max. Thanks for the help.

Can I ask, what do you mean by “sustain is too low”? Also, how would this build when it’s finished be against Celestials?

Sustain means heal. You have little means of healing fast when getting lots of dmg. There are a few sources of sustain but since this build deals lots of weapon damage the best is adcth (attack damage converted to health).

You only got 3% from Restless Remains on the gloves. This 3% applies to all weapon dmg you deal. Seal of Blades gives another 5%. But since it’s weapon component it only applies to the damage dealt by that weapon (unless put on a caster off-hand - then it becomes global like Restless Remains). Since your two main skills use only off-hand dmg it’s best to put SoB on the shield. FW and Aegis will use that 5%. So will Smite and Shattering. But your regular attacks with the hammer won’t. Thus, your off-hand attacks will convert 8% dmg to health and main hand 3%.

You can also take Ghoul. It gives 4% global adcth and a very good proc that raises your adcth to staggering 80% for 5s, making you nigh-immortal as long as you keep attacking.

Thanks for the info and thanks for taking the time to help me

Hey all, I just have a couple noob questions:

1. What’s a good way to get octavius set items? i cant seem to find any doing SR, nemesis/chest farming

2. When a new patch comes out, does the previous versions of items change also or do we need to farm for the new version?

Thanks in advance.

1. all drops are random but for:
  • Helms: craftable;
  • SR Set that will be available in a special vendor;
  • Vanquisher Set: drops from chest at the end of rogue-like dungeons;
  • Dark One Set: from Lokarr’s lair;
  • Krieg Set: from Named enemies in AoM.
  1. No. Devs don’t want us to have to farm them again.

Drops are random. So just continue what you are doing. If helm blueprint drops, you can transmute to other pieces from helm

Items will be updated

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Above discussion on sustain was very useful, thanks.

Just wanted to give you the feedback pre-patch after finally getting this build to 100–even as a very crap casual player with terrible reflexes and poor piloting, it’s super solid. I’ve managed to do all campaign content, many superbosses, all the roguelikes, and even a little bit of SR with only 1 death(dozing through Kra’vall on the skip-jump to elite before I got my resistances up.)

The only time I feel threatened is when reflected Internal Trauma kicks in when there is no one to attack(no adcth) to recover health. Any suggestions? More regen? Bigger health pool?

Here’s the GT(I’ve altered a few things–Judgement instead of War Cry, Vire’s instead of Blitz–Pls say if that’s stupid)

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe0rrvV

War cry is important source of RR. Keep it and dump judgement.

Vire vs blitz is matter of preference. Blitz has much longer range but needs a target. Vire is shorter range but doesn’t

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Blitz is better since you still got the blink on the medal. It gives cheap da shred from Blindside. Vire gives slightly better DoT in better AoE and can invest 1p for cdr but this is minor. 75 da shred for 1p is the better deal.

For ultra deep shards I used both. Blitz to close in on isolated targets and Vire as extension of the blink.

I wanna add that Vire’s might with Volcanic Stride is a really good devotion proccer. The chances get upped based on VM cooldown and you get 4 more ticks with the same proc chance on stride. So if you don’t have a good proccer, you can use VM instead.

Good point. All Volcanic Stride ticks use the base cooldown of Vire to calculate proc chance, right? Or is it minimum chance by default?

I actually just assumed it used the base cooldown of VM cause it seems to proc all the time. Same with heart of wrath.

Thanks. Will move some points around to Blitz/WC, but keep a few in Vire-- not needing a target seems easier for me when you just want to panic out of a near death experience. Something I face frequently the way I play.

What rune are you using? Use Displacement.