[1.1.1.2] G&B Grenadier (SR-75)

[1.1.1.2] G&B Grenadier (SR-75)

Updated post-rollback 05-01-2019

+ =

1.1.2.0 Update

1.1.2.0 has arrived and this build, as is, has been nerfed severely. Almost %retaliation damage (chest, pants, relic, rings, amulet) and %rdata have been reduced (AoM and BWC). Absolution has been nerfed and %retal in Oathkeeper’s passives too.

But some elemental retaliation has been added in devotions, demolitionist passives, new items. Hope is still allowed. This build needs a complete rework though.

05-08-2019: first day of the patch, I’ve tried this version: GRIMTOOL TEST#1
This is very solid. Too solid, not enough damage output. My timer was red when I arrived at the boss stage in SR-75.

05-12-2019: I’ve officially given up on trying this build after the new patch. Defensively speaking, it’s still very solid but the damage output has been reduced by 20-30% and I couldn’t find a way to increase the dps without losing too much on the defensive side.

CONCEPT

[spoiler] Physical Retaliation being OP in 1.1.1.2 and wtih my will to get off the beaten tracks (i.e. bad gimmick builds), I’ve been wanted to make a build with Elemental Retaliation for a long time. Here’s my take on this concept.

Features:

Midrange (not melee, nor ranged but in-between)
All abilities with %rdata (%retaliation damage added to attack).
Piano build (all keys are used)
CD management (keep your eyes on your bar to see what comes next)
Solid with good kiting

%rdata abilities:

Blackwater Cocktail, Flame Breath, Aegis of Menhir, Grenado. For info, max crits are (about): BWC 50K; FB 100K; AoM 350K; Grenado 220K.
[/spoiler]

<<<<<< GRIMTOOL 1.1.1.2 >>>>>

COMPILATION
Ancient Grove, Gargabol, SR-70, Master of Flesh and Lokarr.

//youtu.be/-6uR1mcAfZg

SR 75 PASS #1

//youtu.be/Lc9Dd0dSrpo

SR 75 PASS #2

//youtu.be/vhDJsDFZx5g

EASY KUPACABANA

//youtu.be/zNpwKPsBavs

DETAILS ON THE BUILD

[spoiler]GAMEPLAY

LMB Move to
RMB Flame Breath
K1 Aegis of Menhir
K2 Grenado
K3 Blackwater Cocktail
K4 Absolution
K5 Ascension
K6 Thermite Mines
K7 Flashbang
K8 Displacement
K9 Vire’s Might
Note: Guardian of Empyrion

AoM + FB is your bread’n butter combo for Campaign and clearing trash mobs. BWC and Grenado hit hard and apply a nasty DoT for bosses. Th Mines and Flashbang here for RR and debuff.
Absolution and Ascension provide both defensive and offensive buffs.
Vire’s Might and Displacement for easy movement.

EQUIPMENT
Helm + Weapon + Shield + Amulet are the core for %rdata abilities. Other slots have proven to be BIS for retaliation.

DEVOTION
Experimental path with no RR but all the retaliation cosntellations and good defence.

CRUCIBLE / SR
Solid enough for SR 75 as seen in the videos. Good kiting helps a lot in dire situations.
[/spoiler]

CONCLUSION
This is a greenless elemental retaliation build. I hope you’ll like it!

EDIT #1: I can’t thank again everyone who helped on this build and gave feedback. If you did, you have my eternal gratitude. F— Rollback.

It’s nice to see your builds roll back in forum so quick!Is that new pic?

I spent the afternoon on doing the builds again with less detail than initially though. The other 3 retaliation builds/guides I made won’t be done again but I posted the GT links in this thread:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83257

The little pictures are the ones I found on google image caches.
The little “equation” is new.

1.1.2.0 has arrived and this build, as is, has been nerfed severely. Almost %retaliation damage (chest, pants, relic, rings, amulet) and %rdata have been reduced (AoM and BWC). Absolution has been nerfed and %retal in Oathkeeper’s passives too.

But some elemental retaliation has been added in devotions, demolitionist passives, new items. Hope is still allowed. This build needs a complete rework.

Hi Belzzzz,Officially updated the Ulzuin’s Avatar, is it useful?

You mean the Ulzuin Set ? Completely useless for this build, as it has no retaliation synergy.

Hey checked the links you gived to me, all 3 builds you made are interesting and cool, that’s weird that i was missed them all on forum! Hope in future updates they will be buffed, or at least same as before 1.1.2.0 nerfs :eek:

Thanks :slight_smile: These builds were created a few days before the roll back on the forums.

I had fun with this one, solid, very good damage but very demanding (piano build) a bit like the former Octavius-OP physical Retal’. The loss of damage on all its skills (AoM, BWC and Grenado) hurt too much. I was hoping the new constellations would make it good enough.

The main problem I think is that many %rdata mods are fixed via item mods. It should be like AoM or Judgment, included in the skill with low value (till 12/12) and with increased values at high ranks (from 12 to 22/12), especially for Elemental Retaliation.