[1.1.2.4 - 1.1.4.2] AARMAGEDDON: Spellbinder

Holy shit good job lad! \m/

EDIT Interesting thing though. How do you wear pants with 662 physique requirement having only 574 physique? :thinking:

I think it’s %physique crafts from Angrim (he can get up to 16% to physique, should be enough)

Congrats on a great run :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that’s really smart :smiley:. I guess this will be a challenge :grinning:

That’s physique crafts. Not sure but I think they might give minimally more offensive power from sprit dump than crit dmg crafts.

Not much time though. I feel AAR is gonna get serious nerfs. Maybe even end up like Deathmarked.

Try this one, really. It’s a little stronger than Ratosh. I played both. The only problem is the FUCKING BILECLAW THE MOST OP ENEMY. He’s like celestial-tier threat. More than any nemesis.

1 Like

Ohh yeah. I feel ya. Dissruption > grava nullify xD.
Edit. Send me this last updated file and i’ll record some runs amd send you the best :wink:

Grava also got a nasty disrupt but - as opposed to Bileclaw you can do nothing about - Grava’s disrupt is on his Blitz so you can just blink in so that he starts his melee instead of blitzing.

_Marvalias2.zip (1.1 MB) It’s a bit different from the gt because I was lazy to change the res on the conduit. Pierce is more economical than acid.

A few tips:
Use Devastation generously unlike your own spec but always follow with a blink into a mob if possible to proc Aeon. On dangerous waves you can do that same with active defense: Mirror->MoT->blink. The classic.
On 152 (top-left) and on Mad Queen wave (top-right) there’s a chance for the arch-nemesis Bileclaw. No real strategy, try to AAR him asap and hope. But he can cast that disrupt in no time, and it’s not telegraphed in any way. It’s not a death threat but gimps the timer af.
Leech is comparatively shit so if you run out of Mirror-MoT and there’s still Fabius+Reaper/Maiden/other heavy hitter then most likely game over.

1 Like

I’ll see what i can pull off out of this :smiley:. For Bileclaw on 152 i found it useful to first kill bottom left spawn fast and immediately tp/charge just lower than the middle section like right under that platform. This way you form a straight line between the top left, top right and middle spawns. If you get lucky fleshweaver/caraxus might come at you fast for ideal positioning. In most cases it worked fine to me, just focusing on killimg hero mobs asap while trash dies from colateral damage. I am surprised tho you didnt used Fallen Kings.

Don’t be so pessimistic :stuck_out_tongue:

Huh. I get it. I just laser some top-right hoping for the best, first. Get the heal-on-death basisks next. And go to Fleshviewer last. I never even notice bottom-left spawn.

But I get it. Not being in Bileclaw’s range right away makes him move and then when you jump him, AI might forget about the disrupt and start doing something else. Also, skeletons are super useful.

Sadly, yeah. Aeon proc chance on Fallen Kings is too hairy. Necessary evil.

Remember Agrivix? It was saved by arcanist overbuffs but before that it was kinda crap for a long time. And Clair is stronger than Agrivix ever was. It gives me a weird sense of CLAIRVOYANCE about what might happen in 1.1.5.0 :wink:

I remember more than argivix. I remember Binders in general heralding forth nerfs that would echo across all classes back when Clair wasn’t revamped.

But I can only say so much :slight_smile: Patch is coming soon anyway

While using Astral Rifts you have an extra chance to “dodge” the dissrupt if you place outside the Bileclaw’s range to make him come to you and then immediately astral rift on him to petrify him, giving you a split second to kill it fast.

True. But the Agrivix records were beaten long after the general binder nerfs - despite those nerfs.

Yeah. Or rush through Zantarin’s shotgun like I did on that vid (last wave - complete fluke but looks badass :wink:). In general mobility of 2.5s rune is better but blink also has many advantages.

True but overall astral rifts is a nice cc against mobs and good damage and aoe for trash clearing. Not to mention you cant get valdaswapped into an aleks meteor unlike charge xDDD.

Hi im new to Grim dawn, how does this build compare to
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/caster-1-1-4-0-aar-spellbinder-neon-light-celestial-god-slayer-g4-c-sr-vid

or

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/1-1-5-1-expelliarmus-5-45m-crucible-150-170-sr-75-0-greens-facetank-prm-mage-hunter-c-sr-vid-g3

I want to be able to progress and clear all content with a few friends and hoping to main one of these, or if you could suggest a better arcanist+? build it would be appreciated, cheers!

1 Like

The setup on “Celestial God Slayer” is most balanced for defense of all the top binder setups posted here.

Mad Lee’s Panetti is more comfy - it just facetanks everything - but I don’t know how it fares against celestials. Binders vs. high level content (SR80+ and celestials) is like yeah they can do it but you have to perfect active defense: count seconds if uptime on Mirror and Mark of Torment - you mess this up and you die.

Also, I didn’t check how the recent big nerf to the conduit affected everything. It did take away 1/3 of binders’ weapon damage and sustain. Might warrant going back to Essence of Grim Dawn.

1 Like

Thankyou very much for the info mate, what do you also mean by Essence of Grim Dawn? and does the nerf affect all the builds i linked? as the mad lee build is a mage hunter and not spellbinder, does that mean because of the nerf the mage hunter is the strongest or no?

Sorry, I was just confusing you. All the builds you mentioned are pretty much top tier. Spellbinders are stronger than mage hunters offensively, and in my opinion also defensively, but for the latter you have to use two spells - Mirror of Ereoctes and Mark of Torment comboed with a devotion called Aeon - and use them in the right time. This is called binder’s active defense.

However, if it’s your first character I’d choose a mage hunter. Reason is you have more top-tier builds on a mage hunter so it’s easier to collect gear to one of them. On a binder it’s Clairvoyant and then long nothing.

Im not that worried about having to time abilities too much, I think i could pull it off, and im more inclined to go Binder as my friend is rolling Inquisitor and i think Demo, so wont he be able to provide alot of the buffs that going mage hunter would bring?, which would be the best Binder build i could go for?