[1.1.2.5]Makkiavelli, the wrath of sands

Are the gloves mandatory?

I know, Pierce Damage but what about perhaps Bloodrite Gauntlets? Not everybody likes the procc but more Armor and 3 free skill points are nice to have.

I have recently assembled no greens Belgothian Blademaster and Serenity fits it like a glove. Just a little damage loss compared to Belgothian relic, but build became immortal in Crucible and still capable of sub 6 minute clears. Serenity lets you gear offensively in the spots where you can’t with Belgo relic. Of course green items of gd-stashing can solve that.

But belgo vs. doom for Pierce Blademaster - I think there is no discussion there, Belgo should outperform Doom by a country mile. Much more flat, much more points, cunning boost and better Ulzaad/Fighting Spirit uptime.

Realm set + serenity and it’s gonna be too hard to get damage.

But belgo vs. doom for Pierce Blademaster - I think there is no discussion there, Belgo should outperform Doom by a country mile. Much more flat, much more points, cunning boost and better Ulzaad/Fighting Spirit uptime.

Doom has much more flat. On a cadence build, + soldier is just as important as +nightblade. The cdr is the dealbreaker, but I thought it doesn’t affect passives like ulzaad? The cdr is mainly for boosted RoS.

It’s less flat, I think you are getting more from 8 pierce and 65% to pierce and 35 cunning and most importantly extra point in Dual Blades then just from 12-18 flat and extra Cadence point.

And yes, cdr on belgo affects devotions.

As opposed to Doom, it does, I think. +1 to nightblade = +1 to all wps, Dual Blades, etc. +1 to all wps already gives like 2-5% wd to almost every aa strike, not mentioning the extra flat. Aether res means you might maybe switch one Sacred Plating to Sanctified Bone, or something.

But imo Belgo relic is BiS for most if not all pierce nightblades. General rule of pierce dmg: if it has the word “Belgothian” in it - take it.

As for the aforementioned hypothetical nerf to SR set, I yield and surrender. I don’t need more death threat PMs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Active only, afaik. So no Ghoul, no Inspiration. Unless I’m wrong.

Jeez. Plug it in grimtools. Don’t “think” when the numbers are readily available Doom has more flat damage. In this version it’s not much difference (like 800 flat on min roll, 500 on max roll) but I’ve tested more iterations than shared. Just because one is best on a setup doesn’t mean it’s best for all. Unless there’s some OP shit on that stuff or the alternatives are too bad (i.e. Ignaffar’s Combustion on most elemental Inqs).

Point taken. Tho granted skill on doom converted to pierce is also kinda great. IIRC at one point fluff’s belgo had doom on it. Which takes us to the next point:

And yes, cdr on belgo affects devotions.

Active only, afaik. So no Ghoul, no Inspiration. Unless I’m wrong.

If Belgo cdr does affect passive devotion procs i.e. Ulzaad, then it’s undisputed BiS for every DW pierce and probably even physical build out there, but if it doesn’t then Doom has a merit for those who don’t spam RoS for damage.

Actually serenity works really well on cadence blademaster. But yeah the soldier and nightblade relic obv add alot of damage. But man all that chaos and aether resist makes life alot easier.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2glozyV

Sheet dps goes over 120k with procs

I checked in GT based on your Blademaster that you have posted few posts above. It seems like Doom indeed gives more flat but when you roll Deadly Momentum on it, so you are right about that.

But, Ulzaad and all the devotions are still affected by Belgothian relic proc, so I think there is no competition here really. Especially given how many skills we need in Nightblade.

Nice build!
I never think that Tactician could work in this way.:undecided:

Afaik Ulzaad is active. It procs on attack. Like DG. Belgo/Eternity and TD should affect it.

Also, Assassin’s Mark on Seal doesn’t feel right.

It’s a very common solution - to bind Assassin’s mark to seal.
Working like a Swiss watch