[1.1.2.5]Makkiavelli, the wrath of sands

1. Build intro

Hi, I’m happy to introduce you to my tactician build, which I’ve been working on a lot. I hope you will like it)

2. Backstory

Makiavelli was named in honor of victorious tactician, lived long times ago before he was born. Actually, he hated that name, it was so unlike the names of his peers, for him it seemed pompous and alien. But such was the will of his parents, and the young Machiavelli could not drop the honor of his ancient family, known for valor in battle

From a young age, the night blades and the legends that enveloped them, this spirit of mystery and adventure, they all beckoned the young man. But it was only an empty fancy, which quickly crashed on the stern service in the ranks of the Imperial army.

That all changed after an ill-fated Stripping the nests of the heretics, for which he and a few volunteers took inquisitor Galian. The operation turned into a disaster, his comrades were captured and sacrificed to the Witch Gods, one by one. Their blood dripped through the bars of the bars into the basement, where he was held in captivity, and the vile whisper carried only one name, “Solael”, this vile bloodthirsty bastard. His mind slowly left him.

In desperation, he turned to the ancient warrior deity, Oléron, praying for his blood revenge to captors. What happened next - he remembered vaguely. Blood, screams, blood again, the roar of a eldritch flame, running, falling, darkness. He wandered at random for many days, not realizing either reality or himself.

It is not known how, but he found himself on the edge of the great Korvan desert, where he was noticed by desert dervishes. It took many months to restore his physical and mental strength. But this time was not in vain. Their collaboration was mutually beneficial. After receiving from him the knowledge of battle tactics and methods of dealing with supernatural threats instead, dervishes taught him desert sorcery to call sand spirits that rip meat to the bones, mirages that they drink the blood of enemies, as well as sand dunes that bury their enemies alive under their thickness.

Just at that time, the growing activity of the cultists in the region of the Korvan lands, as well as rumors about their (inconceivable!) Unification, attracted the attention of the Imperial Inquisition (more accurately than the fragmented forces that could survive upon a Grim Dawn). What was their surprise and relief to meet on this inhospitable land of his long-lost member. tasks. The talents of Machiavelli so shook the leadership of the order that he was given an early rank of full inquisitor and the right to recruit everyone he deemed useful for the assignment.

Grava are meet our tactician at wrong time

3. Base Idea

So, now you choose between three tier 3 constellations, right? But why would you even choose between them? Why do not pick them all?

- AlexGoldFish

Initially, it was a classic set on 3 pieces of the set of a Belgotian, with an unknown soldier without a prok and with Azraka with a proc. He lived not-so- well, he caused damage worse that Blademaster. In general, neither fish nor meat.

The decision were came from two sides. On the one hand, we had a shatering reality set, which I consider to be one of the best game design solutions from Z, on the other hand, the very phrase from Alex, which became the fundamental idea for this build.

Tactics, unlike builds with night blade and suffers greatly from a lack of AoE. A whirlwind of death, scissors, a ring of steel? Remember? We don’t have any of that. So I took Oleron (who is still down a completely disgusting road with no OA along the way at all), this gave me a super nice AoE, one per second. Complement is a tornado of relics (which tactic is ideal due to the presence of +6 to each article and we are due to SR set and the two swords), Sands of Azrakaa and shadows of the unknown soldier - and you can forever forget about problems with AoE.

4. Show us build already

deadly aim + battle cry + inspiration are active

>>Actual Grimtools<<

>> Grimtools without green<<

Video-guide (RU)

//youtu.be/xhdIsGZRSQc

5. Are this build suited for crucible & SR?

For sure.
SR on 75+ (however I prefer farming at 65+66, in “gold tier”). In video I stand in 69 shard.
Crucible 170 with ease (3 buff + 1 banner or 4 buff, don’t matter)

6. Q & A

• Oleron, for real?
  • Yes, huge Aoe that annihilates all trash once per second are worth the bad road to it
  • No ghoul? R u mad?
  • Sometimes I start to believe so) But here it is not needed, you have a megaton of resistance from SR set, seal, rainbow rage, battle cry, word of renewal, 50% chance to impaired aim a ranged attack/magic… should I continue? In fact, most of the enemies are not able to scratch you.

7. Credits

Thanks Crate for creating such an incredible game
Thanks Zantai for shattering reality set

Thanks to all members of my discord community, especially:

• mad_lee, for endless hours of game balance talkings, polishing builds and creating new theorycrafts together
  • John Smith, for his masterpiece in creation build and in-game testing various concepts/controversial point
  • AlexGoldFish, for the core idea of this build
  • DmT (aka Dementia), for her inspiration to all of us
  • Strannik, Stupid Dragon, Veretragna and Autenist - for their endless patience
  • Omnitrio, Firozo and Ricardio - for their brilliant ideas

Guys, you are the best

4 Likes

for future updates

Good job, comrade :wink:

Nice work. This build show oleron power :cool:

People after FG release: Oleron on pierce is outdated. We have Azrakaa!!

Safarel: why not both? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously Oleron is a good proc. The road is just shit. Good thing the build makes full use of it.

Man, I wanna adapt this on a blademaster. Been a while since I last played melee. This might just be my thing. Great build!

Revive Oleron together :D:D:D

Thanks)
/10 chars

This build looks dope,congrats!

SR set is looking like a interesting fit and Oleron on top of Azraaka and Unknown soldier and Ulzaad,how many offensive devotions one can fit:rolleyes:

Oleron is a good proc for pierce and bleed. Problem is Oleron is supposed to be the go to offensive physical constellation. That flat pierce really should had been phys instead.

Good work and gcool build! :smiley:

Safarel, did you try this build concept with Blade Master? If yes, how does this build feel compared to tactician?

I know that mad_lee a made blademaster that are similar to this build.
You could ask him to share his build to you.

As for me - you are known my position about tacticians and blademaster, let tacticians be tacticians and blademaster be blademaster

Very good job! Is Harp really needed for Energy? If not then you could’ve picked up Solemn Watcher and swapped Titan Plating for Chains of Oleron.

Everything lookes polished in this build! I would however find skill points to cap Fighting Spirit and maybe add Blitz as a second gap closer. Maybe drop 1 point into Break Morale to disrupt enemies (actually useful in Crucible). Last point in Scars of Battle is giving you absolutely nothing, and 7/8 Scars of Battle compared to 6/8 basically gives you ~35 armor.

You know my positions about energy management, I really do not like the drawdown of energy. In addition, the harp provides the necessary resistance, as well as very useful OA / DA on the proc

Actually the only thing that can be changed is Ulzad to Mantis. Is it worth it - the big question (probably not)

I could test this, thanks for feedback

I adapted Safarel’s spec to Blademaster and the latest version I arrived is a fucking beast in cruci. Consistently clears around the 6:00 mark, fastest run is 5:57 across 5 runs

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkKX5qN - went all in on cunning greens, so if a no green setup is adapted it would be slower by a bit. Still a beast

Am I missing something? I can’t find flat rr anywhere… I count a total of 57 rr. What am I overlooking?

Also, Assassin’s Mark on Seal doesn’t feel right. With 1/s dmg ticks, long cooldown and stationary low radius - I don’t think it’s optimal for an rr starved build like this. AM doesn’t spread like Rumor. You gotta proc it every time on every enemy. If you really wanna save Cadence for Oleron I’d test Box, and if it’s too much piano I’d bind it to WoP instead. Also ticks once per second but at least you always got it ready and you can start rolling for that crit on anyone on the screen as soon as you see them. Again, is there something I’m getting wrong here?

Someone needs a gentle nerf-massage… This set has seen some crazy performance for the tankiness it’s got.

NOOOOOOOO. Seriously that was a 7 min build for like 4 iterations till I added belgo relic in place of doom and that was instant 1 min improvement. Also those greens probably improve cleartime by another 1 min, look at all those cunning bonuses. Realm set isn’t a problem here. It merely allows the build to be consistent without ghoul.

Saving this <3 Looks amazing!!!

Imma nerf-massage you something that will definitely grant me a ban on these forums, you, ya person, you!

Why would you have Doom before Serenity or Belgo on a Pierce Blademaster in the first place?

Moar weapon damage. Initial version had 1 pointer RoS so didn’t need belgo cdr that much.

And does sereniy even give you damage? :rolleyes: