[1.1.3.0-1.1.4.2] Pyrapyraboomboomboom! - Max DMG No-Green Pyran SB (crucible 4:50)

I dunno man. I’ve done some naked runs on some pretty squishy characters. But yeah, I do tend to avoid mobs. I always dance around the periphery of enemies

Don’t tell me you dance around Ugdenbog Golems at 161 with 3 blessings…

So, I watched it myself, and I know exactly what happened:

First, I didn’t quit with these mutators because I was running for speed, and there were no offensive penalties. In SR climbs, for example, especially on hardcore, Afflicted and Brutal is auto Alt+F4 unless a proper meta tank.

Second, as you see in the vid, I waited till wendigo heroes die and their debuffs go before I jumped the golems. But the trash ghosts (Wendigo Marroweaters) also got an op lingering debuff (-26% res for 8 sec) which I didn’t see. It’s op but it should not have been a problem with Ulo’s Blessing.

But immediately after jumping the golems I caught 6 NEW DEBUFFS. That’s when I got shot for 10k. Resilience did proc, so did Ghoul and Blast Shield. But despite that, in less than 0.2s, I still got 2-shot for the remaining 6k.

Now, this is imo a game design flaw. Too much shit going on in the RNG department with debuffs, mutators, etc. Under no circumstances should these particular heroes hit for 10k with nothing but their own debuffs and a debuff from a trash mob. Secondly, Resilience, Ghoul and Blast Shield should not allow that a toon go down this easily by an Ugdengolem trio. Game got impossibly difficult for glass cannons, and the only way to play it and retain your sanity is with one of the top tier defensively synergistic tanks. Which is why I say RIP diversity.

BTW I knew I had my 3 circuit breakers ready to go so this is not a piloting error. Maybe a building error, though, as I bound Seekers to Vire which forces me to run over mobs for max dmg. But this was the best way to make my concept function. Anyway, Ugdenbog Golems, come on…

Hey, ya

I have noticed you are using restless remains when you have decent potential to stack some armor on a glassy build. Why not move some augments and one component to get something like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNk6GXdZ?

Some OA is sacrificed, but it seems you already have plenty for bannered runs. But better armor and hp and overcaps might help this build a bit.

I didn’t use Restless. Wish I could afford such luxuries. Or Prismatic Diamond… Oh, you mean Haunted Earth?

You changed Haunted Earth to Sacred Plate and Osyr’s Wisdom to Arcanum Dust, right? Looks like a must-do from gt but in game that aether res is ok. But yeah, it looks more solid at the cost of some oa. Good catch.

Wouldn’t change much, though. I did some runs with 100% armor absorbtion. I even maxed Vindictive line on the old setup with Behemoth. You still have to kite like a maniac and play with 100% focus, and unlucky accidents still happen. Pyran is what it is.

BTW I think in this setup oa is at the sweet spot for 3b/vb crucible.

Yeah, I meant Haunted Earth.

I have never tried assembling Pyran, but it feels like there is a way to make it somewhat consistent if one was to sacrifice some of its offensive power. But I might be wrong tho, because on paper set looks glassy af.

No ugdenbog golem should be able to kill you under this, especially with golemborn + ascension.

I don’t understand it.

You took basically 2-3 hits after all those things had procced before you got killed.

Wtf is haunted earth

You underestimate those golem heroes, mate. They’ve killed me before on a much more tankier specs. Together with debuffs from Wraiths they can hit hard. Crucible 150-170 is just uber brutal.

hallowed ground lmao not haunted earth

1 Like

Maybe it’s because ya’s acid overcap is too low?

That’s the only thing I can think off which would’ve killed him.

I wished you had the incoming damage turned on for GI :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: That and* his low lightning res maybe

2nd EDIT: But it shouldn’t be low with buffs though. This is fucking confusing.

@ya1: I don’t think it’s a lack of DA which is getting you killed. 75 DA under the effects of the buffs you had wouldn’t really have made a big difference.

From my experience Acid overcap only matters in Shattered Realm.

That is more important.

But I think it’s just his physical resist and total hp. When you have low phys res RR debuff hits particulary hard. I think it’s a combination of DA debuff and phys RR debuff that killed him.

He had basically 40% phys res and 6-8k hp with about 2300 armor.

Its low, yeah, just 95% on acid. But I had Ulos blessing. Nothing there could debuff me under the cap. Only Wendigo Howl from Wendigo Marroweater trash mob is -26%. Debuffs from wendigo heroes died before I jumped. Those golems have no rr. Also, no DA debuffs there.

My res are ok in game. Aether at 36, ele at 35+.Only lightning at 22, acid at 12, chaos at 11 and pierce at 9.

It was phys. Ugden trash plants got 25 flat phys rr for 1 sec on their acid shower fuckers. I must have been like -40% on phys res then. And the Brutal mutator. But even with that 10k hit is too much. And then like 4k hits through Resilience, Ghoul and Blast Shield at 10/12.

This should have rendered ugdenbog phys res irrelevant.

You also have an ingame phys-res value of 10% + 8% from buff, and a buttload from ghoul + resilience

No, one of those wendigo trash ghosties actually has stackable all rr for 8 freaking seconds so it adds up. And I only got circuit breakers after the initial big hit.

It looks like I was heavily debuffed as the moment I jumped the golems but I really wasn’t. I just checked. All those debuffs were mostly irrelevant. No da shred, some very small health redux, some irrelevant slows and oa shreds. It’s the phys rr that got me. So, don’t leave home without 30% phys res 3k armor again.

I think you’re underestimating how blastshield + ascension & ghoul + resilience work super well together.

Or maybe I’m overestimating it.

I dunno - what do you think about this though: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62ayaDx2

EDIT: Regardless, I feel like runeguard greaves are BiS here given how much relevant res they give you

Trust me when I say, no use trying to make Pyran consistent. The only way is the green way. And still gotta dance.

And I can’t give up on oa because that would mean the worst thing in the world: no sub 5.

WHERE TF IS MY SEEKERS! :imp:

:wink:

Good catch on Runeguards. I never thought of going pierce on the conduit.

Dude. You’re missing on %RR which ultos offers

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNn68ByN would be nice with those Runeguards.

my setup has close to 400% more fire. that alone… and seekers is better than anything when you got conversion. proven by many builds.

anyway dont defy the classics

Duh doi :stuck_out_tongue:

I gave up korvaak’s relic + 100% fire from blind sage. Was trying to make it more consistent.

Go get the damn seal of might please!

@ya1: Also, you should bind fiend to thermite mines, that way you don’t need to be facetanking the enemy for them to do their job