[1.1.3.0 - 1.1.9.1] (2H Ranged) Let's bring BIG GUNS TO THE BATTLE - Desolator Purifier [c+] [sr+]

Try looking at the thread above your post by The_Coyote for an idea.

hey fantastic build thank you

what about Elemental Storm from Rhowan’s Crown tho? would this build not be even strogner with this instead of eldritch fire from soales witchblade / or both?

The build uses the skeletons from Revenant for the flat resist reduction (“XX Reduced target’s Resistances”) instead of Rhowan’s Crown (only the largest value will be used by this kind of resist reduction). And you should have the devotion with the -xx% and one with flat (“XX Reduced”) to max you resist reduction and therefore damage

1 Like

ah thanks,

but doesnt the RR from revenant only affect one target per skeleton because it has no radius like emental storm?

yes, but the skeletons (you will have more than one) will move to their target(s) and will therefore apply it rather fast

1 Like

ah okay thank you so much

so its overall the better solution as it seems

If it is better :dunno: - but both (Revenant, Rhowan’s Crown) have their pro and contras - and than there is also the general devotions setup which is a limiting factor

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember them to hit multiple characters at once, they usually spread out

Devotion with Elemental Storm is good too, here’s one for example Purifier, Level 100 (GD 1.1.7.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
2 more procs - Magi and Chariot - if that’s what one’s going for

3 Likes

With upcoming nerf of Desolator by means of removing passthrough on it, will this setup remain competive as 2H ranged playstyle or has the time come to swith to Dagallon/something else?

for the current state of PT the build seems pretty pointless to me and weak.
we’ll see how it goes but I’d better switch to sth else.

can something like this be competetive? Probably switching aguments around is required.

from what I known about latest tests, it was so/so, nat really bad but not that great at all.
imo, purifier is now not the best ranged class at all.

I’m toying with the thought of going back to Grim Dawn. Last played it before Forgotten Gods was out, picked that up a few months ago. Would have my first char to be something like this. Meaning two-handed ranged, focus on a few skills with many passives and heavily using a single auto attack skill. But am a bit worried after having read the last few entries here, if this is still viable. Has that much changed between 1.1.9.1 and 1.1.9.5? Does this build carry me through all three difficulties?

the build is still playable and good in MC, tho not great for my taste in cr/sr.

it’s the GT I used the last.

Thanks. Having a basic, easy build to get back into the GD/TQ mechanics, feeling and logic is all I’m looking for right now. When I gof for some of the other game modes, I’ll have another (better informed) look.

Do you prefer this one or the dual pistol defiler ?

defiler has more punch that Desolator (sadly, purifiers are very meh now) but tbh I’d probably choose Harbinger Pyro over any of them.

2 Likes

I really like the look of this build. I want to do a 2H ranged build for my 2nd character. Is this doing well in the current patch? If not, what else is recommended?

Thanks in advance!

I tried Desolator Puri a few patches recently but they didnt work. V1.2 brought not much different but few buffs to WPS pools, so i dont think it helps. But there are a lot of 2H range builds out there which are very strong for you to try. Especially Inquisitor got new mod for Seal which support 2H builds. I can name few that i did:

1. Valdun got buff (50% elemental conversion), so that Purifier or Tactician are set to go.
  2. Full set Runebinder (using 2H gun but most the damage comes from Runes)
  3. Pierce Savagery Vindicator (i like that build a lot, very durable and respectable damage)
  4. Full set Ulzuin (fire Canister), you can play with Shieldbreaker or Sorcerer, but they are all casters, not auto atker
  5. My personal favourite 2H: Soulance Oppressor with vitality RF :slight_smile:

evoker vindicator [1.1.9.2-1.1.9.6] Bullseye - Evoker of Elgoloth Vindicator | SR75-76 | CR ~4:30 | Ravager | Crate
highly recommend
couple other options too, but this one is solid in multiple fronts, dmg, sturdy, looks visually awesome, not as visually awesome as fire strike purifier, but i think the quality of the build makes up for it/less hassle than purifier