[1.1.3.0] Beginner's/budget Mage Hunter

You mean what items to keep?

At 22 I filter only white and select all yellow(magic).If they don’t fit,I sell them.With money you can buy potions and craft greens.

If you have over 1 million iron later or close,you can remove yellow and take only greens and above.

I mean more for the “damage/character” selections. I would like to filter items that are potential to equip, then once i go through those items i can simply pick up anything else for selling. Would rather not have to sort through every item to find potential upgrades.

1 Like

I got it,but if that’s your first build,you probably will need iron bits.Also I have to say,that in this build most of the damage comes from skill itself and devotions,you need gear to cover resistances.So until that,you can pick most of the items.

This build use elemental damage,cold primarily in leveling,if you want to sort d out damage and find tedious to pick and sell items.

Yeh i understand that, but i can simply hold alt and see everything else on the ground to collect for selling, just wanted a simpler way to be able to identify upgrades. Because a lot of the time when I kill an elite or get a big chest theres up to 10 drops etc and I’d like to be able to simply scan 2-3 items rather than all 10, just to save some time. Then pick up the other 7-8 for selling.

On another newbie note. As great as all these beginners guides are (I’ve been reading a lot of them), none seem to really say anything about which attributes to select and why. Would love to learn why at level 10 it’s got 6/1/2 and at 30 it has 20/5/5 etc.
What is the reasoning behind selecting those specific values?
Am a big arpg veteran and am very keen to learn to min max/optimise in this game also and a big aprt of that is understanding the chocies others make in gudies like these so i can better understand what choices I should make.

All my guides mention attribute allocation…

basically, get cunning and spirit for equipping gear and rest physique. Some builds you can get some more cunning into for some extra OA.

Attributes you can only respec with a certain potion btw so you have spend them smart

@Nery:
How can your build be adjusted if one picked Kymon’s Chosen instead of Death’s Vigil?

I don’t think is much problem.I choose Death vigil,cause they provide some items,I like during leveling,but nothing irreplaceable end game.

If you are hostile with Barrowholm,that’s big loss,cause build need the DA from Ravager eye.

My mage hunter is level 39 so Barrowholm isn’t in the picture yet. While looking at your devotion progression and inspecting your level 30 and 50 Grim Calc links I see that you don’t follow your devotion progression list. For example, you don’t have Lantern, Tortoise, Viper. You filled out Sailor’s guide at 50 but its not in your devotions list. At 30 you start Sailor’s guide right after Rhowan’s Crown, instead of populating Hawk. I’m a bit confused as to how to proceed.

He levels with Cold Damage and Trozans so the leveling devotions are different to the final spec devotions. The devotion tree in the post is for the final spec which is elemental Panetti.

Yes,sorry for that :sweat:

Pannetis are awful for leveling,consume lots of skill points without much return.Olexra and after that Trozan are better.Trozan can be turned in full cold easily,so that’s why I am leveling this way.

My next update will be with budget end game version of leveling concept.

You need to start taking :moneybag: donations so you can do something else than budget builds :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol,I have Trickster with super expensive greens.But I spent all of my money on it,so now back to budget build territory :wink:

Pay to win :+1:

I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone could help me. I’m following this guide leveling my first character. Everything is good and smooth, currently lvl 56 in act 5 veteran. But I’ve huge problems with energy regeneration. It’s fine against bosses and heroes, but I run out of energy quite fast against thrash mobs. Any tips? Use fireball and 18/16 trozan. One ectoplasm in ring as well.

Hi Nery. I’m trying this build returning to the game after 2 years. Is still viable? I think it is but can you conferm me this?
Thank you for all the work!

Yes probably, although there some changes and probably needs updating.

Word of Pain is now even more potent for leveling. Panettis with Spellgaze helmet are as usual great option for monster build.

Thank you Nery!

Hello! I started this guide and realized it is extremely outdated now (1.1.8.) and was wondering if there was a similar build that actually uses PRM in it or if Nery can fill me in on some changes that may have occured because currently bosses are extremely difficult(which might be me).

1 Like

It’s outdated. But what exactly you’re looking for?

For end game build if you have the blueprint for the Spellgaze helmet, you can make spectacular cold or lightning/fire Mage Hunter. Or you can go aether Spellbinder, which have more accessible gear.

If you talk about leveling, you can follow similar route like mine or go with Pain. Leveling with Panneti is possible but doubt it will be easy.

But that is what my problem is. Somehow since I have played last the bosses and elites are way harder. Normal mobs have like 600 health and get one shot my OFF but bosses and elites have like 30k health… This is extremely time consuming and difficult for just maxing out OFF and having maximum 7 points in TSS till level 50… this damage is not good against bosses. That is why I asked for an updated leveling experience with the mage hunter that might be more geared towards current events. Now I could just be using TSS wrong but…its kind of hard to use it wrong. I guess what im asking is there a better route than what is strictly on this guide. Should i respec into pain? is that better? I dont know.