[1.1.3.0] Dunefiend Sentinel (crucible 7 min)

This is not Dunefiend. DF got 1.9s cd max or sth unless you use some weird cdr amulets. Anyway, this dmg is much less than Bone Harvest on an oppressor I made lately. And BH deals AoE.

Duh, I know it’s not Dunefiend. :stuck_out_tongue: Just posted an example of how SS fails on another SS set. I have also asked for a screenshot of SS damage on your build, I am very curious how it compares to this one. Maybe Deathguard SS Dervish got much weaker SS. But if you made it to 7 minutes I couldn’t even make it out alive.

I’m glad we’re on the same page! :rofl:

Don’t know about Dunefiend SS tooltip. I guess it would be about the same because both convert only one type to acid. Maybe Dunefiend is slightly better due to cold from LA and more wpn dmg. But Dunefiend swords have that 40% armor piercing (:nerd_face:) so I don’t know. Neither works. So what does it matter which is better at not working? :rofl:

Just curious how two bad Acid SS sets compare to each other in terms of damage. I wish that @Zantai has just made one Acid SS set but a proper one. :disappointed:

Coincidentally enough, I had just finished making my own version of this build. It has slightly more life steal and defensive healing.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLp5lMV

I think the conversions on the Dune set need to be adjusted.

He’d say you can always play on multiplayer with them both. Or get a mod. :joy:

Welcome to the community, friend! 2.5k da with no oa shred won’t cut it for endgame, I’m afraid.

Tip 1: always use Bloodied Crystals on the rings. Tip 2: always take Rumor devotion on acid and cold (the lady above Affliction; tip 2.5: never take Affliction). Tip 3: choose an affix for your Pestilence of Dreeg (Plague of Rot is best for this)

Extra tip: don’t use pets on non-pets. They will die right away without proper support (health, da, res, etc). Wasted points.

Do a screenshot for me of SS damage though, pretty please, with LA and Ascension up.

I didn’t make a dervish. This is sentinel. Ask thejabrixone.

Made a new setup with Aeon which is better than the original. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NK7eEEN

Seems like Aeon+DG is king for every oathkeeper as of late.

Interesting. How much faster? or its just more consistent?
So about 5 sec downtime of ascension can still made the build better?

It’s not really faster. Just more playable. Going for Aeon and DG fixed some holes. Harp wasn’t really needed so desperately. And stats from Aeon let me take energy regen elsewhere.

Dmg-wise is about the same. It’s weaker on paper but crit dmg is important in crucible so it kinda zeroes out with DG and Aeon for uptime. I should maybe take back Scorpion. The 150da shred is really good on it. With that it should be faster.

Anyway, you saw what mad_lee’s PB dervish can do. Dmt’s Venomblade also took Aeon. I expect more oathkeeper builds going for Aeon. Ascension op. On this build it’s a huge deal because Ascension is the only source of some cc res and EoR dies when cc-ed when on a glassy set like this.

So I asked you three times to post screenshots of your character’s Shadow Strike damage and your character is a Sentinel and it’s written in big bold letters in the thread title. Maybe I shouldn’t post being that unsober. :sweat_smile:

@thejabrixone can you post your character’s Shadow Strike damage breakdown with LA and Ascension up?

I see, it might be only better for a build that already has respectable AoE though.

Mine now only softcapping SS though. Not worth to focus on SS when you don’t have a powerful proc to support. Will attach it here after I got back home from work.

This set currently can’t afford going for the generic acid devotion path. I tested a setup with my Venomblade devotions (max dmg but 2.6 da) and yeah it was faster but still not fast enough to survive.

I think Aeon is the way to go on such a ragged set. It still doesn’t give perma Ascension (cdr is one of the many things this set should have and doesn’t) but at least the time when you’re a sitting duck with no freeze res and scraps of stun res is less.

So is DG… build has under 20% crit dmg without it.

So AoE and maxing dmg is a secondary concern imo.

I’ve never understood why people insist on using rah’zin’s together with tenebris for EoR. They are made for different playstyles. Sure the belt is nice, but severed faith chest, valderan shoulders and conduit with chaos RR to guardians makes more sense for tenebris EoR.

Because neither mastery has any rr and Rah’Zin is the only place to get any reasonable amount of it. 15% isn’t 25%. Imo the 15% chaos rr conduit is just a little bit more useful than the chaos conversion conduit.

Also, Rah has attack speed and racial to Chthonics.

Any change you can upload this save like you did with your spellbinder?

Sure

I think this one was the latest: _Marduna3.zip (1.2 MB)

I made some changes to include scorpion but I think it’s even less viable than before. Also, Foorpads of the Grey Magi will be better than Final March here.

1 Like