[1.1.3.0] Infernal Knight : Shieldbreaker (with insane burning damage)

Like I said earlier, I didn’t take presence of virtue because my build is centered around burning damage. If you deal a single critical hit with burning, the rest of the DoT portion of that skill will be a crit, so you don’t need to crit as much as someone relying on direct damage. If you want to take those buffs, you can use the extra SP invested in Guardians of Empyrion and get the buffs and circuit breaker instead, that’s up to you. I played with both for a moment, and in my experience Resilience often got overshadowed by Blast Shield when both were triggering at the same time, that’s why I don’t use it.

You say I waste SP, yet I use a single SP to get 40% Aether/Chaos debuff and add a not negligeable chaos dmg portion to my skill (1SP and you call that a waste? What?). And no, the 11 SP in Termites are not wasted. You get extra RR while also increasing your overall base burning damage and with the extra radius from the set it actually hits and kills stuff.

Some of us like the multiplayer portion of the game, and I rather give up some of my own OA and health (solo), which btw is easely recovered from a player that actually invest and needs those points rather than sacrificing my base damage which is what allows this build to excel in its area -> BURNING DpS. (and when a player’s more powerfull aura overwrites your own, that’s what I would call a waste of SP)

Now comes the part where you talk about my weapon, let me tell you something, it’s the number uno for this build when it comes to TWO-HANDERS and BURNING damage (I insist on those 2 words).

• Shar’zul’s Worldeater : has slightly higher modifiers, but no burning duration, the skill is very nice but it’s clearly not worth it when you see all the skill points you are going to loose.
  • Barthollem Gavel (MI) : could provide insane bonuses for sure, but again nowhere close the burn duration or extra SP from the Infernal Brimstone. And would you really use it just for the extra Guardian of Empyrion and some CD reduction?
  • Korvan Burning Halberd (MI) : Is all about smite and righteous fervor, which you earlier called a waste, so again its a no.
  • Mythical Hellborne : is quite nice too, but doesn’t support the skills I use and it’s not melee so you can’t use Blazing Charge with it.

So tell me again, which Two-handed weapons come in first and second position? Because right now, I’m starting to see some kind of patern. Also, out of curiosity, I would be interested to see how you would improve my devotion setup?

Thank you for your imput!

I’ll do that, I originaly wrote this build on an old laptop with most special characters not working! :smile:

Damn, I wanted to post here but I forgot.

@Ambrecombe

I would change devotion, augments, maybe couple of items as well. If you are interested, I can make the calc and post it.

1 Like

Yeah, you can share the build here, no worries.