[1.1.3.1] Lightning 2h Ranged Vindicator, Gladiator in ~ 7 minutes

Thank you for the suggestions. Does PS stop scaling with skill levels at a certain point?
I’ve seen some people say that DG drains too much hp/sec however I’m sustaining it fine at the moment. Did they nerf the entire constellation or something since you made this guide?

If your skill have 16 ranks, you can put up to 10 more skill points. So PS scales up until 26/16, is called hardcap. Beyond that it does nothing. PS skill and every skill you use as main attack benefits from having more ranks in it. Support skills usually have sweet spots where you can leave them, usually past certain ranks skills scale poorly.

DG proc was recently nerfed, at same time health cost haven’t been touched. I mean it still is good devotion but on some builds Korvaak is better. For melee Conjurer for example I tried it an liked it this way. Also Hydra is good for ranged builds. Here, I am not so sure, since build can’t count on converting flat pierce/other elements to lightning.

1 Like

Ahh okay, thanks for the info on that, didnt quite understand before.

Hydra does seem like a good choice. Maybe they’ve changed it because it appears there’s no flat pierce on it anymore. Just flat elemental and flat physical.

1 Like

Was thinking about writing a guide for a custom 2-handed ranged vindicator I made, but stumbled upon this existing guide. Since the gear and skill selections are almost similar, I might as well add to the thread with my variation:

Biggest change is that my version can achieve a much higher OA, but also has slightly lower health and defenses. Attack speed is also significantly slower, but I feel that’s only because I didn’t receive a lot of +skill bonuses in the Inquisitor skill tree and decided not to take ‘ranged expertise’ since my skill points felt limited.

Gear, skill and devotion choices are more or less similar; any differences are subject to individual preferences, so either mix and match from both builds or personalize it further.

PS: Mine also has zero greens- I roll all purple as well :wink:

1 Like

Dude, this is really outdated topic and build. I even don’t remember making it. :sweat_smile:

Here’s my fresh iteration. Vindicator, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

1 Like

Oh, if only I still had the time to farm all those greens nowadays.

That looks really really nice though.

1 Like

Outside of weapon, other MI items are less important. Korvaak helmet is so good as usual and Eastern set is common drop. Rings can be swapped, without costing the build that much. So basically, the only more expensive item required is the weapon. In reality, lightning suffix + attack speed suffix is enough to be worth it.

1 Like