[1.1.3.1] The Scary Petting Zoo - Cabalist

[Pet] [1.1.3.1] (g1) The Scary Petting Zoo - Cabalist (Computertech82)
Damage: Pet
Active Skills: Curse of Frailty, Call of the Grave, Raise Skeletons, Summon Familiar, Summon Hellhound, Summon Blight Fiend
Passive Skills: Bonds of Bysmiel, Master of Death, Spectral binding

This is a build I’ve done before for the older version of Grim Dawn, A full pet build. No damage by me. I’ve found trying to damage monsters, can very easily make the monsters attack me and ignore the pets until I run pretty far away. Curse of Frailty will aggro a monster if you cast it before it tries to attack a pet. So careful how you cast it.

Devotion: bat first for the skeletons to try to keep them alive longer. Then fiend for the hellhound, manticore for blight, Shepherd’s crook for curse of frailty, elemental storm for the familiar. From there, raven, wolverine, toad, part of bysmiel’s bond, part of mogdrogen the wolf, lion and jackel.

I’m also NOT making the build about purple or specific gear. Simply by what I (a player) can find. Basically I’m looking for gear that can help with my resistance AND health and damage for the pets, and resistance if possible.

GrimTools:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXWYoOZ

I have restarted this build, not changing anything, wanted to see what Forbidden gods has added to the game. So far so good, no deaths.

Playing pets without being set to aggressive? Crazy. Mine are always set for that.

sounds fun! I have never played a pet build before and i have been thinking of trying one. I have no idea where to start i guess necro? Well your guide will give me some direction :wink:

I’m past level 40 now and it’s working fine, no deaths. Added a alternate Grim tools I will probably use instead.

Before the forgotten gods, I seem to be able to make it though normal no deaths, but ashes of malmouth caused me some issues. One of the static bosses, the pets will not attack. Did finish the game.
On this restart for Forbidden Gods, I’m hoping the creatures the pets didn’t want to fight has changed.