► 1.1.4.0 ◄ A man with a laser - AAR Clairvoyant Warlock

We need all hp that we could get from any source
You suggestion are cool, but not now, when we gnaw our teeth every little bit of hp
Maybe after buffs that PROBABLY add a Clairvoyant set some hp this would have more sense

Not now. We tested AAR warlock vs ARR binder head-to-head, all pros & cons from this testing

Every cast interrupts AAR, and AAR are strongly don’t like interrupts, first
We need every little bit of hp, to not be on-shouted on modifier that redusses our health + aura of suppression from Grava, second

sentence above about interrupts and AAR

Bat are almost unnecessary in this build and uses mostly for devotion points
And bat on pox - is classic

Thx for your reply but I strongly disagree with just about everything you said or did with this build. Pardon if my tone is confrontational.

Like I said, you didn’t mention MoT, so how is it all pros and cons? BTW 6:40 by John_Smith on a g5 build is really nothing to brag about.

Why Bloody Pox, then, with your da at 3k already? And why would you ever say warlocks are better than binders when warlocks need to pepper every new mob with CoF? A bit too much self promotion, man… keeps you from getting the facts straight.

Use better affixes then. Of the Oracle on the off-hand and Cleric’s on the boots.

Pox ticks once a second. AAR ticks every 0.3s (more than 3 times a second) and that’s only at 100% cast speed.

Same question: why Arcane Bomb on CoF?

Should I continue?

1 Like

we are do not forget about crazy da shred in crucible/shards

For me it’s more pleasant gameplay. Surely binders are better overall.

Good point. But i use that I got

Almost no difference to bind widow on cof or pox. As about ray - i personally don’t like this binding. You could use this, no problem

Again good point, but do this 2 point make huge difference? I suppose not

Yes, i like constructive critique.
None of us are perfect, so i glad that you put interest to this build, even if this interest are mostly negative

In theory, yeah. It’s 2 points and -1.3 energy regen for 16% vitality and some really minor flat to Spear of the Heavens. In practice you got energy sustain greatly over-invested in so it makes no difference.

Vulnerability is always worth a point. It’s -16 da shred for 1p. Cheap. In comparison 1p in BoD only gives you 9 oa.

Why you don’t like it? On AAR, Bomb procs immediately under the enemy you want gone. Not under a random ranged trash mob when you’re facetanking 3 nemeses.

I know because on my AAR binder (killed by Crate last patch) I had AAR taken by Bat (needed without Pulsing Shard) so had to bind the Bomb to Aether Corruption. It’s ok for crowds and sometimes even makes a nice little mine field but it’s not consistent. AAR is money in the bank. You shoot, it procs.

1 Like

Ok, i see a point. Already taken, thanks.
And thanks for “oracle” suffix, i will looking for it when i go in Valbury next time.
But still Clairvoyant requires a little love in terms of health onthis set’s pieces
Maybe I even wrote this in “Ideas & feedback” section.

Avada Kedavra :zantai: :damage_chaos:

2 Likes

Cool build! Love another build with forgotten class like Warlock. These lasers are deadly!

1 Like

I’m currently leveling a Warlock after checking this nicely done build. :slight_smile: I first started with Bloody Pox as a leveling skill until I hit level 50, then I switched to full AAR. I must say AAR is really fun to play and really powerful even without any twink gear. I’m really impressed by the skill overhaul by Crate.

1 Like

With the current patch for AAR is Warlock or Spellbinder the way to go ?

They are equal and choice are just matter of taste, somebody are more like 'binders, somebody (like me) - warlocks

1 Like

is binder better now in the latest patch for full aether?

yes, binder is much faster

thats a bummer, I guess I have to drop clairvoyant warlock then, since i dont have a binder and I dont have time to play one . so I guess time to shift to a chaos warlock, I hope its more powerful than this op

nope, Aether AAR Warlock is definitely more powerful (much more powerful) than a Chaos one. It’s just less powerful than Spellbinder, but it’s also decent.

thanks lee. what is decent nowadays? I havent followed the game lately. I guess I have to look at some other build threads then too at its clear this op build, though strong may not be the min maxed version of aar aether warlock? .

also Chaos being weak? so is the black flame set bad? sigh so maybe looking at binders can help me improve my warlock. also i cant help but doubt some items being placed here like the offhand, belt, amulet and medal arent BIS. I got to see gtools and do my thing😅

In my book decent endgame build is any build that can consistently finish Crucible in under 7:30 minutes and do Shards 65-66. It’s also should be a build that’s relatively easy to assemble (so if it relies on double rare greens it’s not that good) and comfortable to pilot (not a grand piano or a build that doesn’t have enough mana sustain).

yep, Chaos is still the weakest element. Although I have recently did pretty solid Chaos AAR Mage Hunter and Chaos BWC Pyro.

Agree. crate seems to hate chaos damage of all or it could be because as a taken we aren’t fully capable to utilize void powers unlike aether which should come natural to us. Even with crazy high dps sheet on one of my chaos builds I still dont feel godlike.

I hear rumor that on 1.5 all enemies got a reduced chaos resistance

Im not sure which one is better in the damage department, the pulshing shard of the rr fused- tome of lies?