[1.1.4.0][HC] Immortal Commando - Fire Mortar Commando (c)(sr)(g3/4)

Added Ravager - 10min - https://youtu.be/zVTY7b-dpVk

Updated for 1.1.4.0 - Mortar trap got nerfed, but I realized that taking the Big One gives it a lot of boost, so the overall damage got higher by at least 30%. This build is now approaching the c+ and sr+ zone. Still more improvements can be made. Stay tuned.

Here’s another troll vid - https://youtu.be/iRzVPOF8mNA

Looking at that vid, I think this build qualifies for Maya’s can-be-played-drunk tag.

Haha, yes! That’s the idea, this is what I call a safe build for HC.

So, you skip the Mortar trap on your newest grimtools, right bro?

If you are gonna do Forcewave, you should perhaps make a new thread since this is no longer Fire MORTAR commando build anymore

Considering how far from everything else it is… @Aikimox I think you’ve got the latest Grimtools link wrong.

Sorry, wrong link! Here’s the correct one. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EbMrjV

The only changes:
Dropped Overguard completely
Dropped Military Conditioning
Dropped a few points both from Flame Touched and Vindictive Flame
Maxed out the Demolitionist mastery
Maxed out the Big One

2 Likes

Added Callagadra - https://youtu.be/T4_8iBYjW3Q

25 min. I don’t recommend taking on Calla in HC without some re-gearing. You would need higher physc resist (+50% overcap on pierce/bleed) and around 3.5-4k armor. I actually dropped some sustain and added another mortar to make this fight more reasonable in terms of kill times, but that forced me to kite and the mortars were missing quite often. It would probably be much better to grab a two piece of the Justice set and add a better shield (25%+ Phys resist).

So, Calla is the only challenge for this build (outside of the crate box which I haven’t tried yet).

Oh my, those Commandos has nice synergy with health regeneration. My own build on commando that has over 7k health regen. One of the strongest defensive classes. Nice idea. Glad that was someones inspiration lol

1 Like

Hi there, wanting to try this build on hardcore with a new char.
could you give a rough guide on leveling devotions and abilities?

Im 97 right now, basically what i did was use blackwater until 50 then i switched to mortar always grabbing gear with +regen and always upgrading to higher armor pieces and capped resists. I’m also using Overguard for the extra regen and defenses, but once i farm the gear i’ll drop it to finish the build. Devotions you just rush stone form and healing rain, and then get the rest. Good luck!

1 Like

^^ This. Pretty much how I level this. The shield can be farmed early on and provides a huge regen boost. For damage, can use conflagration (relic) at level 35 to augment your damage. It drains energy too fast though, so use it in short bursts paired with blackwater or mortal (later on).

One thing i really want to know tho, is the best way to farm the gear when this is your 1st lvl 100 in HC. I haven’t had much luck on drops.

Low SR would be ideal. But if you can’t handle it - rogue dungeons. If dungeons are too hard - wasp caves.

i did SR50 on normal, is that enough? tried it on elite but took too long to kill stuff even on the 1st shard. Guess i’ll give wasp caves a go on ultimate and see how it turns out. thanks!

You could try doing Steps of Torment and Bastion of Chaos on Elite if your damage is ok. Are you running a commando btw? If so, the conflagration relic is your best friend to boost damage while farming the endgame gear. Just need to manage energy wisely. Give it a try, it synergizes with fire/burn very well.

yeah im running this build, im using salvation relic atm, i’ll give conflagration a spin, damage is really weak right now.

edit: spelling

Hi! Is there any guide/advices about leveling for this build? Skill points order of priority or may be using another skills/passives for leveling? What items to looking for while leveling? May be its obvious questions but as beginner i don’t see it clear. Thank you!

This is something I’m also interested in. I imagine I’d do a max transmuted bwc with demon fire early, that has some good leveling power, but that only pans me out to level 30.