[1.1.4.0] Xiuhtecuhtli the God of Fire AAR [c+][sr75+] - Sorcerer

I don’t remember Ghostbusters. I was talking about Star Wars and Jedi Rei with her Ray. Don’t underestimate the force(my force) young Padwan :wink:

Anyway fire AAR is really cool. Probably lightning is still best, though?

I haven’t played the crazy lightning MI aar build in a while. I think so? I’ll try it out tonight too and let you know which was better. I think lightning because semi similar Tankiness but way more dmg

ye, I have played crazy mi lightning aar, of course it’s better, it’s lightning :slight_smile:

But also it was a Mage Hunter.

EDIT: also, nice build! I would do things differently but I can see why they were done they way they were )

1 Like

What would you do differently for SR? What about for crucible?

Gotta test it out, probably different devotion map/skill allocation. Temper skill points dump seems like a waste of points. Build has a potential for a huge Spirit points dump. I don’t think Devastation is doing much here. Prismatic Diamon in helmet. Etc.

I concur about devastation. Devastation should get buffed back frankly. I am going to try 1 pointing it

Yeah, I went as far as 47/60 in phys/spirit on my Crucible-oriented Templar fire AAR spec before 1.1.4 (OA is at ~3.2k with Overload changes) :smile:

But although the Mirror/Ascension+Eternity combo worked wonders as a defensive tool (or rather, a way to push dmg to more ridiculous levels), the recent OK nerfs were a little hurtful…

Build was optimized. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25oOk0Z
Changed stuff in OP. Reduced devastation investment was a great choice. Wondering if more points in flashbang would be good for more DA shred. Skill points can definitely be played around with. More points in conversion was great too. Etc.

why 17/12 inner focus? is 1% spirit that effective?

Good catch. Hmm where to put that point lol. I chose mirror for now. (updated link so no wasteful point in inner focus)

The real question is my 1 point in devastation. I feel it is mostly useless but on big bosses it actually adds notable dps since all meteors hit same target. So I’m keeping it for now.

Are the ultimate ranks in Overload worth it for OA? 10 per point.
Flashbang you get 20 DA shred per point up to soft cap

The flat OA is increased a bit by inner focus too, and Overload gives aether resist which makes me much more comfortable against aether enemies with RR, and the extra DoTs are sprinkles on top.

Would have to test it out I guess. I don’t always use flashbang constantly on trash mobs but if I lowered my OA I might have to consider using it more, etc. etc. etc. and interupting AAR for flashbang is tedious.

So hard to say, but for now I like the overload.

1 Like

So I finally played this yesterday with a support deceiver and it really does get super-charged. In general it’s fun in multiplayer.

I like that version. What I don’t like is Temper investment and devotion map. I think building around Ulzuin’s Torch + Aeon gives you much better stats and opportunity to make a huge Spirit dump. Or if you don’t like Aeon, I think Phoenix is pretty much mandatory after recent buffs to its stats. Grey Magi boots would look great here as well.

If you want to redo the devotion tree let me know lol. I don’t enjoy fiddling with devotion at all.

I would propose something like this. Craft everything for armor, maybe one item for stun res.

This is interesting. But it’s managed to make me more interested in the lightning version lol. Seems it needs a lot of conversions. Anyone have an example GT link?

Lightning AAR require many conversions too

Yea, that’s what my comment was about. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. I feel I can see half the build in my head but not sure about the rest hah. Seems you would use Aetherbolt Pendant for fire conversion, but I’m not sure what converts the Aether outside of Storm Shepherd.

It is Soooo easy to just search grim tools database for “aether damage converted to lightning” :stuck_out_tongue:

I have several lightning AAR builds in my beginner guide

You need just as many conversions with Fire AAR since AAR has three damage types.