[1.1.4.1-1.1.8.0] Cold Lol The Nerftaking Blademaster

Introduction

Who am I? I have been nerfed more times than the quality of The big bang theory, I was once a fierce lion, now am pitiful kitty. Yes I am the one and only Cold Lol The Nerftaking Deathmarked Blademaster.

So what’s nerfed here. It’s hard to say all of them, but:

• AdctH mods

• Physical resistance

• Damage

• Flat pierce on head

• RR to proc

• RR to Night’s embrace

• flat from LA

• Ultos proc

• Mod to Execution

• Racial damage

• Crucible for DW builds :blush:

Update for 1.1.8.0

GRIM TOOLS- https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnmabbZ

Your favorite (not really) cold DW build is back! Decided to tone down the text a bit :smiley:

So I’ve made few changes from the original, including my new favorite route for DW melee build. And it’s without flat RR, amulet provides it and in Crucible you can use beacons as well. Also Nighblade belt with vitality to cold conversion and bad, cause I am… kitty. That leads to well balanced build offensively and defensively.

New video from Crucible of 5:04:

Build

GRIM TOOLS- https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwJBqjV

I have tested quite few version of devotions, items were same. Other than standard, I made some controversial selection. Kuba pants for DM and LA, used stashed affixes Stonehide of Kings. Also Judgment for amulet, is still trash, but Nights’chill and DM bonuses are somewhat useful, Serenity for relic is much needed :frowning_face:

Devotions, tested 6 different routes, this one gives best times, but is squishy. It’s similar to route from DM Infiltrator by @mad_lee

Veretragna original route is slower than that. Most stable version is this with DG, Ultos and Amatok. GRIM TOOLS- https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXWGRgZ

Performance

Crucible with Yugol and Leviathan can do 7 minutes or slightly faster, but have problems with bad mutators. DG version do 7.10-7.20 all the times and is safer. Other versions are not worth it, at least in my test.

Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtsoE5e8xSE&feature=youtu.be

Final

I think DM needs to be buff. In current status of the game DW melee is not overpowered and certainly DM taken some hits. I think some of the changes needs to be reversed. Also this amulet needs - RR not unusable flat.

6 Likes

:cry:

Good job tweaking this poor old horse so it could walk its last few miles with at least some amount of pride, though…

3 Likes

Well done. I can see the culprit here :slight_smile:

So did you test Night’s Embrace vs. Executioner’s Judgment? Is Executioner stronger at this point?

I would drop Markovian’s advantage and maybe invest into Decorated Soldier. Or with Night’s Embrace scrape the bottom of the barrel for skill points and cap Fighting Spirit.

Wait a second, so which version is better, one with proper devotions like DG + Ultos or glassy one with Yugol and Leviathan??

Yugol and Leviathan have better fastest time, DG version is more consistent. First have better DPS, AoE, but no Ghoul or Ultos/Viper RR proc, so against bad Nemesis combos and mutators struggle. DG and Ulots times are always the same. Have done 3x times with all runs in the time frame of ~5 seconds :smile:

Night’s embrace might be still better, but 4 RR is against +4 DM and attack speed. Idk maybe is better, but I want Judgment on purpose. But tough to justify this amulet’s idea, no - RR or flat cold.

I would say get Night’s Embrace with DG setup, make a bigger Cunning dump (2950 DA would be more than fine), find points to cap Fighting spirit.

But then what’s the usage of this amulet? :smile:

I got the idea, probably can do 6.50-7.00 minute runs. But still the point of DM being overnerfed remains :nerd_face:

This title and presentation is all vanilla post 0.6 nostalgia. Thanks for the laughs :smiley:

You are welcome! I can’t help myself, but write this as irony to Vere’s BM build, which was really strong in both late AoM and early FG days.

Update for 1.1.8.0

GRIM TOOLS- https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnmabbZ

New video from Crucible of 5:04:

3 Likes

Great!!! Another cold build <3
Btw do you have any idea for S&B melee RF Paladin or planning to revive an AuraProcladin for the lastest patch :)?

1 Like

I am not fond of shield builds, except for physical tanks or Aegis. I haven’t tried Shield Paladin. About Procladin do you have any ideas, GT maybe?

I have posted aura Infiltrator but haven’t tried Auradin.

1 Like

Good old Deathmarked Blademaster :slightly_smiling_face:. I do not like the class combination much (too squishy and demands attention), but with this set it is pretty enjoyable to play. I have made this variation a month ago https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EmOmP2. Good damage, easy playstyle, freeze helps with resistant enemies. Without Cadence, though (needed too much skill points). Also, some changes would be nice:

1. ABB hits with offhand only. That is weird :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. Why not both hands?
  2. Some Crit damage to the set. 24% is too low. One Weakened mutator - and your damage falls noticeably.
1 Like

ABB is strong enough, 2h hits will make it op but anyway i agree, it’s weird

1 Like

It’s true, imagine the damage for DW spam version with hit from both hands!

Ah, no greens, that’s the classical version!

Actually set was hit pretty hard but overall can be decent build. Crit damage is also a problem for acid Dervish, but that’s strong build. I’ve seen Fighting Spirit maxed, interesting.

1 Like

Then adjustments should be made. “Normal” spam version (like with Amarastan Crusher) and “modified” CD one with bigger WD. Blade Arc threatment, to be specific. But, of course, nothing of this will be implemented, as usual :grin:.

Also, why not making ABB hit with main hand weapon, like Ring of Steel (or, essentially, any ability with WD in the game, except for shields and duals)? Another mysterious detail.

I prefer softcapping it in all my Soldier builds. Or even dump spare points in it if possible.

Was your build tried in SR? How high can it climb?

Again, spam version is strong enough too

PS. Nery, sorry for offtop-just to prove my words

1 Like

NP, it’s impressive time!

I have beaten 75 (haven’t made video) and it’s solid. Beyond that Idk. Worth saying I am not good pilot in SR and I don’t use camera tricks as well.

For SR videoproof is not necessary :slightly_smiling_face:. Thanks for the information.

Nothing wrong with that. There were just my ruminations IF the skill mechanic was changed without specific items. Sorry for off-topic.

Maybe similar like this, but i use scarab shield for Aura of Censure booster.
Chest - shoulder - gloves: change to justicar 3 piece sets.
And LightOath => 1 combusting band for RR.
Devotions: ghoul, phoenix, giant blood, ulzu torch, crown, solael.

1 Like