[1.1.4.1] FOIBOI - Retal FoI Paladin (c+) (sr+)

It’s the purest channeling spell. Even scales with attack speed :blush:

Actually it is.

Ummm. So what’s the official definition of channeling here? Cause I come from a dota background and channeling there means you can’t move while casting the spell. You can move while spinning.

I always figured it just refers to spells that can be cast continuously…

Would transmuted skills like Primal Strike or Phantasmal Blades count as such then, too, btw?

It’s not. PB its projectile based attack. Channeling spells are the one you channel energy in area effect.

Somebody stop this and just #UPFOI2019

Hashtag # Buff FoI 2019!

1 Like

I would start with changing all that useless (on a channeling skill) dot damage to direct damage. Look at the flat damage of AAR, it’s massive. And it just melts everything when properly assembled.

Not sure what Ptiro was on when he said FoI is the best, maybe it was long before FG and AAR nerfs, but currently FoI can’t even hold a handle to AAR or EoR.

I wonder what the thought process was behind giving it so much more DoT dmg over flat. I mean, sure, its a flame thrower and it should make stuff burn but it also has to still work as a channeling skill :confused:

Has anyone ever tried a heavily DoT-focused variant of FoI with more complementary skills to stack up the burn/elctrocute/whatnot?

And don’t forget about Lightning
We can’t make normal Lightning FoI or convert Lightning to Fire
Nice unusable damge

1 Like

Shouldn’t 2x Band of Eternal Pyre + X work there?

Getting enough skill support on top of conversion might prove more difficult though…

This ring have nothing for FoI
No cast speed
No resist
No +X to skills
Have Flat Burn that useless for FoI

1 Like

Well, if you went for DoT you wouldn’t actually need as much cast speed…

Maybe Mageslayer FoI with transmuted CT/possibly some weird fire Storm Box would be worth a shot?

I guess there’s no real difference between a channeling skill and a spam cast. Channeling skills got more hits per second for less dmg and no visual indication of a separate hit. Also, there’s some wind up and penalty for stopping channeling (when the skill is on “cooldown” for a fraction of a second).

I have a little concern that Zantai & Co. will conclude that what FoI really needs is more nerfs to EoR and ARR…

It would add more flat from the second and third node on pure non-retal fire but nothing else. But Pyre rings have nothing except that conversion. No res, no oa, no da, no cast speed.

But they also convert the flat cold boni from Mageslayer for a whopping 50-60% total elemental>fire…
sure, they don’t really give anything else, but even just by itself, conversion is one of the most powerful stats in the game, right?

not really. You can put something like Combustion Band and Light’s Oath and with stats and procs alone outdo conversion from 2x Pyre. Theorycrafting here, I haven’t tried it, but I made a lot of builds when sometimes sacrificing extra conversion yielded better results.

So 8% CS & 10% RR would actually outweigh what is basically a skill mod with ~806 flat burn over 3 secs & 23 flat fire – not to mention the possible gains from sth. like Elemental Seekers devo? :thinking:

Edit: did the math wrong twice on that DoT. Maybe I should indeed question my theorycrafting skill a little more :stuck_out_tongue:

As I said, I haven’t tried it, so just a theorycraft. It’s something that ought to be tested. But given how shitty those Pyre rings are I think it’s very very possible.

Also, gains from converting devos are for some reason hugely overrated.

Amounting to 59 total fire to FoI (with 32 converted by the rings). Ignaffar gloves alone give 72 (and -8% energy cost and convert some pierce from the Seal).

Mageslayer FoI with Pyre rings is an interesting idea. But what? Mage Hunter? With the almighty O.F.F.? Fire infiltrator? It’s all possible but… 2 problems with Mageslayer FoI: 1) mods are mostly DoT, 2) blocks the conduit.

However… Pyre rings are underestimated and they really kick ass on certain fire builds with Seekers as long as they can cap res and get oa/da high. The latter is especially a problem on inquisitors. But if someone actually tried then we would see. But I wouldn’t hold my breath for FoI.

I was thinking Valaxteria chest + maxed inferno & Lightning Tether or sth. crazy like that :smile:
OFF is probably only worth as 1pointer…