[1.1.4.2] 2h Aether Spellbinder - 5:15 Crucible, SR80 [g4][c+][sr+][vid]

Hi !

How are we supposed to get Kymon’s augment as Necro ?

I guess that you can choose them as single class but it’s way too late for me :frowning:

edit: replaced it with Flameweave Powder.

@Nery Is it viable to do a Aether PRM Spellbinder with Krieg set?

Builds like this were posted in the past and were moderately good, then medal and other support gear was nerfed. Now Spellgaze was added aether damage, so I think the best strategy is to go 4 pieces Krieg+Spellgaze for extra sustain. It will not be better than Invoker but will be decent build.

Oh right, my dirty GD Stashing self never considers things like that. Yeah, reconfiguring the augments with flameweave powder is the way to go to fix it.

Hey @Plasmodermic, I just wanted to say thanks for the build! I have been punishing myself trying to make a piano build with this weapon and the Bonemonger set for a while now, but I eventually ended up going down a different path than your current idea and my inital… incredible failure of an idea. My idea largely failed because all of the converters (trying to max elemental and vitality) to aether don’t mesh very well with Inquisitor, and there’s a lot of buttons to press to do very little; but I was so strongly opposed to dropping Death Sentence, so I kept trying. Your post has helped me let it go. I’d like to share my build with you that was heavily inspired by yours to make!
The Build.

I’ll concede it requires some hefty MI’s and I GD stashed the shit out of this build… and I’m still a bit of a build novice, but it finally feels like the character I always wanted to play: A dude from the netherworld and his absurdly big sword and spooky ghost buddies have come back to fuck. shit. up.

So thanks mate!

1 Like

Glad I could be of help! Interesting to see you trying reap spirit, I’ve tried a full diviner’s spellbinder in the past with reap spirit, but it just felt worse than clairvoayant aar unforunately. One piece of advice I have is 1 pointing inferno and maybe dropping some points in overload to pick up bone harvest and maxing soul harvest. It will add another button to your piano but it should be stronger. Most of the damage from inferno is burn damage which can’t be converted to aether.

Also, I know it takes away from the style of having a massive sword, but using chain lightning or stormfire should be stronger too. It gives you a filler that will be stronger than auto attacks.

Do you mean something along these lines? https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23qp3BZ
I can see how boneharvest would be a great boon to improving weapon damage and would be nice burst to tie in, and the crit damage on lightning is really cool. I’ll definitely miss Reaping Arc’s adcth and cool swishing attacks though. You can tell I’m already trying to talk myself out of it lol. And if I’m not using Reaping Arc then I might as well just use Serenity or something for the CB, but then I lose a point in Reap Spirit which is my fun single target nuke…

Let’s just say I’ll consider it! I’ll definitely try the point adjustment and get bone harvest going but I’m gonna stick with the corruption (and it’s easy juicy devotion procs) for now.

There’s no reason you can’t still use reaping arc on cooldown. Chain lightning is just supposed to be a filler between all your cooldowns.

I am such a fool, of course! I had a little brain hiccup there and forgot it has a cooldown. Thank you so much for your input. :smiley: