[1.1.4.2] Aether Drain Essence Spellbinder

Well it’s mostly due to my bad timing . I play mostly melee or spamming casters, where you mash one button an piano buffs/RR. But don’t have precise control on skills. About keyboard bindings, it all be possible to try, except some of my letter keys aren’t working anymore on my laptop. So I am forced to you use mainly number keys. And even if I have big hands it’s still uncomfortable to be prepared to use more than 5 keys at same time.

Yeah, that’s tough. :confused:
Have you tried things like space bar? or alt? I like binding important, but infrequently used skills to those because they are still accessible, but I don’t accidentally press them. Also prevents me from needing to stretch my fingers like yngwie malmsteen playing the guitar.

That’s interested idea! On this build I personally put offensive skills on 1-5 and defensive on w and e , so I can use them in combo. But anyway what I am trying to say is please test the build(again shameless product placement) :wink:

I’ll get around to it, but can’t say when. Do you want me to test it exactly as it is?

Better to test it with your proposed changes except dagger-bone, Eternity, maybe Ghoul. I will update the GT.

But of course when you have time. I am not in the rush.

Just PM me the final version you’d like me to run :slight_smile:

Interesting build with a great looking set is it sr viable ?

Ah, Uro is finally good now! Nice take on a classic, Nery!

1 Like

Thanks! Drain Essence have nice AdctH to complement the power of Devastation!

@Seekneek in SR enemies physical damage scales really strong in high SR shards. So build with low armor and physical resistance without kitting capabilities is doomed to fail. Perhaps you can timed Aeon with other defensive skills-Mirror, Mark, Nullification, take Ghoul also and probably can complete 65, but it’s not going to be “smooth” sailing.

Thanks for clarifying

1 Like

Nice build Nery! I tested it with your file and made some changes to devotions, components and skills. it is very stable for SR 75 76 now. With almost constantly Mark + Mirror combo, it fears nothing in SR 75 76 now. But compare to Aether AAR spellbinder, this is not that fast farmer for SR 75 76 runs.

The build I made some changes for SR 75+ runs.

P.S. Time Dilation bounded to Aether Corruption is decent. Phoenix Fire with less 10 secs cool down provides better flat damage absorption than Diamond component from helm.

That’s nice setup @Jason_Huang .

It makes sense to go defensive in SR. Phoenix fire is very nice in high realms.

Hmm so essentially a bit more DA and phys resist on the set or one of the key items in the build might do the trick? Then again since it can clear SR75, Crucible perhaps it’s just fine. lol

This is Aether Spellbinder build I used to solo SR 80+, very stable. It pretty much deals twice damage as drain essence dose. The difference is not about the sets between those two, it’s all because Drain Essence from this build dose not have any weapon damage at all, so that makes all aether flat damge useless.
Here are stats from two setups:

Both have same devotion setups, same compoenents, same Augments, etc.

Any possibilities to use this with other set( or even none set)?

Flat aether damage benefits procs, and DE offers things like enemy OA shred, and sustain. One’s more defensive, the other is more offensive.

Just like how you’ve noticed that your OA can be chunked by 600-700 in SR, so too can your DA. This makes decomposition pretty darn good.

Nice build though - out of curiosity, what’s your sheet DPS before all temporary procs?

They are DPS stats with only all permanent buffs already.

That’s the damage from one AAR tick. What is your damage per second? (i.e. sheet one value)

oh the one I don’t really believe. anyway here you are:

Right, it’s not entirely accurate because it’s amplifying your DoT. Basically, it’s taking your listed DPH (damage per hit) and multiplying it by your casting speed to get your DPS (damage per second).

So it’s basically assuming your vit decay damage as flat damage. Once you subtract that from the listed DPS value, you should get a much more accurate calculation.

Here are more practical analysis:

Both were casting main skills only.