[1.1.4.2] Emperor's Archmage: All Content Viable, 6m Crucible Gladiator 150-170, Easy to Gear Sorceress [c+][sr+][vid][g3]

Hello, I can’t answer that since I have no idea what is the state of current vanilla version of Grim Dawn, like what’s the level cap, what items do you have available, what’s Crucible like, etc.

What I do know is that if you like the original, I would highly recommend spending 15 bucks on AoM, price is a steal for an amount of content/playability this expansion offers.

Niceeeee! I have seen too many builds with Stonhide this, Incorruptible that, that it is so refreshing to see a build with no MI.

Not so easy to do I’d say :smiley:

Gonna try this out asap!

Thank you! Be sure to craft everything at Angrim to get those juicy %armor bonuses. This way you can push your total armor to 2800-2900 region. Playstyle is not that tricky but might require some getting used to, so just see my playing guide and watch the videos. Let me know how it goes once you’ve tried it out. :smiley:

I am currently on my first playthrough and i decided to follow your guide.
However im unsure on which route to take for my devotion so i was hoping you could help me out with that. Also at what level should i take my secondary class? Im currently lvl 40 and im still pure arcanist.

There are few strategies to level devotions. One is to get some tier 1 killing devotion like Fiend or that physical bird type of thing and level with it. I like to level devotions I am going to use so by the time I can equip all my gear at level 94 my build can be as close to grimtools project as possible as soon as possible.
So you can do that, then devotion route is pretty straightforward I believe: get Fiend, get Eldritch Fire, then get everything else, like harp and Aeon.

You can turn on second mastery any moment now. It’s going to make things easier.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYDvQ7Z

This is what i have so far, is this good? Or am i doing something really wrong?

How far can greater flameblast and OFF carry me, and what should I replace it with? I’m nearing the end of normal/vet, and it seems like those are are starting to lose their effectiveness.

You can play Arcanist mastery till the end of ultimate with some skill and proper gearing. However for an easier playthrough I would recommend taking Demolitionist mastery at level 50 and going Fire Strike line with dual Demontongues. Just take IEE with Elemental Balance from Arcanist for additional conversion + crit damage, 1 point in mirror, 3 points in Maiven, max Inner Focus, 1 point in Nullification and Pump Fire strike/Flame touched preferably with Elemental Storm devotion and Eldritch Fire.

I am telling you, with dual Deviltongues at level 50 you are basically a God till Ultimate with any gear. And those pistols are easy to trade, I can even hook you up with couple.

Did you happen to max out Canister Bomb along the way? This build needs it anyway so there won’t be much cost during your respec.

I typically use a combination of Greater Flameblast, OFF and Canister well through elite, of course with proper supporting gears and devotions.

I think if you can get your hands on dual demontongues - it’s the best way to level from level 50 by a country mile. It’s more fun too. I don’t particulary remember how I personally leveled this one, since it’s a very old char that I completely respeced three times.

But if I were you I would level with Greater Fireblast + OFF till 50 then get two Demontongue pistols and respec into what I suggested in a previous post. I believe you can go up to act 5 ultimate with that.

Definitely easier with dual legendary pistols, but that’s assuming he can get them :slight_smile:

I just like Canister for it’s huge AoE and shotgun effect. Can just throw and forget. And since this build will use it anyway, better to familiarize yourself with bomb throwing or you will get the same effect as flashbanging yourself in counter strike :rolleyes:

If he trades on these forums he will get them for few scrap pieces and scavenged platings.

Thanks for all the advice. I’ve got a Deviltongue in the bank. We’ll see how it goes!

Updated a build. Since Crucible meta has changed, ditched a good chunk of DA for an all offensive Devotion setup. Added a video of 4buffs/no banner Crucible 150-170 run.

I was trying to use your People’s Gunslinger, but I recently switched to this build at your recommendation…this thing SLAYS. The new rotation took a little bit of practice, but once I got the hang of it, I was melting face. The medal + mirror combo makes you feel nigh invincible, and the charge can get you out of danger if you bite off more than you can chew. Great build!

Thanks, man!

I have updated the builld. More spirit, 21/12 BWC, much more Burn Damage, more physical resist and reassigned devotion skills after reading forums a bit. Canister Bomb now procs Aetherfire like crazy and we reset our skills with Time Dilation on Callidor Tempest. Build does even more damage now, pushing good old sorc to the maximum. One downside - 9000 health points, but with high DA/OA shred from BWC/2800 armor/double mirror + mark of divinity + blast shield it shouldn’t be a problem. Build still requires quite a bit of piloting.

Looks really fun!
Can I play this as a starter(ish) character?
I leveled Krieg DK to 100 but didn’t liked it’s playstyle :confused:

I think it would be more fun than Krieg’s Cadence DK (well, anything is more fun than a Cadence build, imo). Most items are craftable and those that are not are very affordable if you trade on these forums. Build does require some piloting skills, but it’s basically learning rotation of your skills and positioning when it comes to Crucible.

“anything is more fun than a Cadence build, imo”
:’(

Re-keyed after your suggestions, and it does do more damage, and I think it makes the rotation feel a little more smooth, though I have found myself hitting CT to proc TD even if I’m not in the thick of a bunch of mobs. Canister bomb was already fun, but aetherfire makes it more so.

Saw a comment about making this a starter(ish) character: With the gear being craftable (visit the trade forum and you can easily find someone to make it if you don’t have the BPs), mirror, and two separate and powerful circuit breakers, this really is a forgiving build. I’m not the best pilot by any means, and I’ve only died a couple of times, mostly because I get a little over-zealous with my charging (and because Aleksander is an asshole).