[1.1.4.2] Emperor's Archmage: All Content Viable, 6m Crucible Gladiator 150-170, Easy to Gear Sorceress [c+][sr+][vid][g3]

So I have tested this old Sorc in 1.0.7.1 And managed to do 7:50 run on my PC. Which is pretty amazing for a Sorceress. It means it can farm Crucible 3 times during one blessings duration with 3 blessings + 1 banner. I love that this build got so much better in 1.0.7.1.

Here is the video. Close call on 170 when I felt too brave and charged Moosie with everything on a cooldown, almost payed with life for that. When playing this sorc one should remember that it’s a kite build on dangerous Crucible waves and not overcomit and let Burn dot do its job.

7:13 run:

//youtu.be/xNLGgzJdVMs

Average runs are anywhere from 7:30-8mins i’d say.

• It’s full legendary to easier to assemble
  • Pretty resilient for a sorc
  • Consistent
  • Good damage output
  • A bit hard to play compared to builds with sources of sustain.
  • Lots of buttons need pushing and you’ll need to get a handle on the rotation to maximize damage output
  • You need to pay close attention to your blast shield/mirror/health pot CD’s. Even more so on nemesis waves (160/170 and to a lesser extent 165). Cause if you are caught with all of them on CD at the start of those waves you’re in for a benny hill arena marathon hoping not to get unluckily bursted to death until one of them is off CD
    ~ No racial damage components or gear to help deal with maiden/grava faster (iron maiden especially)

Overall it’s a good and fun build to play if you want a more active play style. Takes some getting used to due to the blast shield/mirror/health pot defensive rotation but once you get the hang of it it’s a non issue.

Damn. So justicar is still on par (I’m saying on par, but with mercy’s runs jisticar was faster by 7s) with IK when it comes to BWC even after all the buffs IK received?

Great, one of my OG builds shines in a new patch, thanks for the review and recorded runs! Will add it to op!

I think if you min-max yours a bit you can get more damage and more resilience out of it. But for now let’s just remember this glorious moment when one of the oldest and most legendary class combos becomes great again!

Wow I didn’t expect this much feedback! Thanks a lot all, much appreciated! Haven’t had time to test it out myself yet, but glad to hear the build got even stronger! ^^

Just killed Avatar on Ultimate with this setup, it was long fight it took 20-30 mins or so, didn´t count, just happy I managed to kill him. Consumables helped a lot, I do not want to see that hill again :smiley:

Damn, you are persistent. Glad you managed to kill him, obviously it’s hard to kill super bosses with a dot build without huge weapon damage and ADCtH, but this build can do it if you have enough time and patience (and skill).

Will add your achievment to original post.

Ravager of Souls down. Was much tougher than Avatar to be honest. Kill time, again, around 30 mins. of insane kiting :smiley: Used Dranghoul, Vilescar O., Ugdensalve + sometimes potions for dmg boost (30s ones) and Courageous Tincture for def. Is there any efficient way how to avoid that annoying fire orbitting projectiles with bleed dmg?

Thing is, efficient way to kill Ravager is to build your char the way that you can facetank him and outleech incoming damage. For non-spam casters without any decent amount of weapon damage it’s just impossible to facetank enemies like that without sacrifcing all damage.

But yeah, great achievement of skill and focus, will add it to op!

Hey mad_lee,
Just reached level 97 on ultimate thanks for the build it’s rocking. This is my first all out caster build and so far I am loving it.
Just one question are there any changes form 1.0.6.1 to 1.0.7.1 ?
I know mercy already tested it as seen in op. Just wondering if there are any tweaks
Thanks again…!! :slight_smile:

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Not really. You can choose to sacrifice a bit of damage and siphon all attribute points into Physique or you can leave 25 points in Spirit. It’s fine either way. I suspect in Shards with no Ulo blessing you might want to use one Frozen Heart in a ring (instead of Runebound Topaz) but that’s about it. I would also find points to get Nullification to 6/10 or maybe even to 10/10, but that’s also going to have to wait till Forgotten Gods.

Any plans to update this build for Forgotten Gods? :slight_smile:

Updated Grimtools link in the op. You can also look at it here. In game OA/DA is 3125/3005. Build looks promising for Shards, but yet to push it solo. Spirit investment is juicy af.

Nice, thanks!

Managed to close Shards 70-71 with this build. Added videos to the op. Shard 75 is possible with lucky draw. Updated GT link with new spec.

Nice! So none of the new gear or devotions is worth it for this build?

Hi Mad, my Sorc is reaching 100 soon, but as usual, I am lacking the weapon. What would work as a substitute (epic or green with certain affixes) in the meantime?

Herald of Blazing Ends, Alladrah’s Spellblade (all mythical legendaries). Or some blue dagger/scepter/mace/sword with enough fire and burn and relevant stats.

1 Like

I have the Herald. Do I go for the highest DPS number in Part 2 of the character stats? I have a large number of greens with pure fire/elemental damage and physical converted to fire. TIA!

Just use Herald for now and wait/trade for dagger from the original setup. DPS numbers on character sheet do not reflect this build performance in the slightest.

1 Like