[1.1.4.2] Loxmere's Daggerfall - SS Frostburn Spellbreaker - Expensive crucible build

At what point does single target contributions outweigh the loss of % cold/frostburn? Swapping the second loxblade for the spectral is a ~126% drop and just looks odd in this context. Thematic choice to hardcap SS even when the returns there aren’t spectacular?

Consistency in performance and balance

1.The bonus brought by Spectral sword is far more consistent than an extra SS every now and again. Aside from the fact that it also naturally hard caps SS. the benefits outweigh the loss

1. AS i responded to Stupid dragon above

Also, a thing i forgot to mention in the build. The Amatok Rune + Blizzard bound to it does a great deal of work too.

Between the low C SS and Rune skill casting, and ABB activation you don’t have much time to really capitalise on Belgo CD anyway

One way or another you will end up doing an extra SS intead of Amatok (delaying Amatok) or an Amatok instead of SS as it charges up. things need to aling very well in order to be able to consistently use 2x SS + Amatok. In practice, after the first belgo proc and wave of enemies, such symmetry doesn’t happen

Testing helps too if nr. 2 is not convincing. Belgo relic was the first thing I tried. Why wouldn’t I. It was the Go to in Vanilla for breakers.

I’ve had a frostburn idea on the backburner ever since I saw the Gargoyle belt but it just wasn’t high on my priority list when 1.1.5.0 shakeup was announced. With how crucible works I’m not doubting frostburn is the better approach.

I’d have liked to do a 2x OFF sceptre Mageslayer spellbreaker too.

I think someone might have done that already but i can’t remember the build exactly

While it’s probably too slow for consistent impact in crucible have you considered tsunami proc on blade spirit?

The ideea has been thrown around yes. But i’d have to give up the frostburn nodes on both Amatok and levi/or the sage one. Which is a pretty big deal both for SS and globally.

If maybe BS was amazing at proccing, it might be worth. But I’ve never found it to be so. It would have to work as well as tether from Storm box does with high CS in order to be really worth it and crits off tsunami

1 Like

Dude how the heck can you achieve such performance playing on that potato. :open_mouth:

What are you on about mate?

MY PC is upgraded and i can play pretty much anything on it.(And I have been playing them too ) :stuck_out_tongue:

The only thing that is old is the monitor. VERY old at 60 hZ and 1280x1024 rez max. I think a good monitor would improve my kill times by a few nice seconds

Wait, so you upgraded. That’s awesome, did you finally get around to doing the Lokarr quest? I recall it used to crash on the potato.

1 Like

everything! ,without upgrade FG was impossible to play. crash in MC everywhere. So i said fuck it and got a good PC with a Ryzen 7 and a good gpu. I think Nvidia 1050 4gb

but the monitor is laughable

Nvidia 1050

Cries in 750 Ti and an empty bank balance :disappointed_relieved:

but it just goes to show how bad the monitor is because it looks like shit in spite of no lag. And i recorded at HQ with 3.5 GB videos. takes forever to upload

Sony or Samsung might have some good monitors at fairly reasonable rates, I think.

Not really up to date with this stuff, I still use a decade old monitor on my setup back home. I guess I am too used to it to feel like I need a replacement.

a decade is good. Mine was Second hand bought in 2007

:smiley:
Don’t wish to derail this any further. Good build as expected.

Like the frostburn touch, as for the flat damage version. You mentioned it’s demerits, but what about it’s reliability and performance overall? Do those dip too much making that route completely useless?

Slightly off-topic how is Pierce SS doing these days? How is Pierce in general now?

Nope, it’s good, just less stable. It’s better for 1v1.

As for pierce.

No greens Valdun performs best

With greens Belgo performs best, at around 3k cunning :smiley:

SS pierce, there’s that MI Halberd but never tried it seriously

Better for 1v1, eh. Makes sense.

Wait that halberd that you get from the secret quest’s camels right? (EDIT: yup, got it https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/13738)

That looks sweet tbh. I was thinking of going with my old Blind Ass setup, but this one has got my interest now.

DoIT. TEst Halberd and Nadaan . Just please no pierce FW :stuck_out_tongue:

I might pick it up end of this month. Recruitment seems to be dying as we are approaching the holidays so with near dead job market I have more time to dick around (ideally should be working on polishing my skills, but meh :p)

Polish the tip of your blade :eggplant:

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m glad to see you around more

1 Like