[1.1.4.2] Pet Conjurer - Birbs and Kitty, ez 96SR/Celestials/75-76 farmer + [1.1.8.2] 5:36 CR run with piano setup

With new waystones and more opportunities to fish for good run I won’t be surprised to see pet build in even 105 :sweat_smile: One boss harder than Callagadra is Gargaban because his volcanos, maggots and plants, rest are like weaker version of Ravager in high shards and it shouldn’t be outscaled even after 100.

Kaisan and Grava are very annyoing bosses, especially Kaisan on smaller map, they must be fought 1vs1, maybe 1vs2 when whole room is already cleaned. With Ana and Benjahr at the same time they are unkillable for sure. That’s why camer abuse with proper use is so strong, It’s hard to fail pulling bosses 1vs1 - but can happen if two bosses like grava/kaisan are stacked exactly at each other because they have similar high vision sight and they are fast so it’s impossible to stop them.
Since I’ve started using it I stopped blaming unkillable combos because every fight I do is 1vs1 :smiley: More challenging is going through 1-3 chunks because stupid chainhealing combos from heroes and even some hidden white monsters.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t know about the Camera thing at the time. I was pulling a minimum of 2 bosses at once :yum:

I was failing with pulling sometimes too before and I thought realms are pure RNG but that’s not true, they can be pretty consistent. One good thing in pet builds that our pets don’t agro bosses so we don’t have to disband them before boss room or just bashing command button to make them away from boss :smiley:

1 Like

@AlkamosHater and @Maya I hear you guys and I have to add… no matter how amazing and tanky you guys make your build, I will 100% get it killed.
That is my solemn promise. I made the Drunken Fwuffy Retaliation build Maya made. Killed and then proceeded to farm Callagadra. Killed it on a random Crucible Wave because I let an Arcane mob dispel me.
Made the Sanguine Lupus, killed Callagadra. Then I let myself get chain stunned by ALKAMOS and died.

1 Like

Also no enemies have Dispel in the Crucible :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t think mobs in crucible have dispell

Everything just need some time to practice, even tanks like retaliation warlord :smiley:

Arcane mobs in crucible can’t nuliffy you ftw

which xmog are you using btw? :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for another great and extremely tanky build! Since I started playing more SR, I learned to appreciate builds like this. Besides that, I like birbs and kitties. :smiley: And I finally found a use for the “trophy” I earned against Mogdrogen…

It’s too early for detailed feedback, but as a first impression: I just dinged 100 on this build. I have the recommend gear, but I’m still lacking skill points from quests and SR and also the FG augments. So, I’m not playing the build at its full potential.
“While I was at it” and doing quests for Barrowholm, I killed Ravager of Souls (arguably the hardest one of the three) on the first try. Feels very promising. Thank you for sharing this build!

1 Like

How fast does this clear crucible?
Also does anyone have any videos of this or a similar build?

I don’t play crucible so I have no idea but what I heard from cr veterans here, pet builds are not really good here. You can pass 170 even naked without much issues but it’s not fast and farmable - but with this build you can farm 75-76 with 100% consistency in good time without deaths, kill all possible celestials without much trouble (except Crate if you didnt practice him before but he is not hard for it).

I don’t have any programms to recording but I will think about it next patch probably. But you can check this: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av71340902
And whole channel, it’s probably most skilled pet player, @Duskdeep86 in our forum.

Generally pet conjurer has same playstyle, whatever build you use so I suggest to watch his channel if you are interested in pet builds, even if you play another concepts.

I don’t think this is really true. There are a ton of pet builds that can consistently do 6:30-7:00 runs, and a few that can get sub-6:00. As with all builds, you can make some trade-offs between speed and reliability, and piloting skill impacts both.

There are definitely differences when building for SR vs crucible though. Builds focused on SR will be slower in crucible than those focused on crucible.

2 Likes

As I said I only read somewhere here that pets are not the best in crucible but I believe your words, I am not crucible player so I don’t make a verdict :grinning:

1 Like

That’s the point. If you want top results, you need to choose. You can either build for Crucible or SR. A “jack of all trades” is probably difficult to achieve.

TBH, builds like this one here simply lack damage for fast CR runs. You can do naked CR without any issues with this build. But for 150-170 speed farming I’d definitely use a different setup. :smiley: Which is perfectly alright: With this build, you get what it says on the can: High SR…

Added 5:36 run with damage setup but I will not fully update it because it’s too piano and unfun to play after longer time.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zQeYkN

3 Likes

Yoooo @AlkamosHater Mind if I mess with this, I have ideas.

2 Likes

Build has potential to do something more maybe but It’s not for my patience :rofl: I like pets a lot in SR (it’s my second most played archetype after retal) but in crucible they are very unfun.

Feel free to mess with it, some things I tested already:

1. Going for Leviathan/Torch devotions with combinations of Mogdrogen, Ultos, just everything with everything (almost?) but Ultos + Mogdrogen was the best. Most damage from birbs comes from lightning so it’s probably best to focus on it.
  2. I’ve tested mogdrogen’s blessing auguments or some damage boots but defense was worse and damage was not visible improved. Beating crucible times with pretty min-maxed build is basically luck, no difference if damage is 5% higher or lower, better go for defense sometimes.
1 Like

A random Birb: “Pets are weak in Cruci”

Everyone else: Casually runs 5:30 min runs

Birb: NotLikeThis

2 Likes

I saw some people here say that crucible monsters can’t dispel you but there are plenty of arcane monsters in there that do that and also grava thul nemesis boss. Maybe they didn’t exist before?

Arcane monsters and Grava are in Crucible but their nullify spells will not disable all your buffs. Like Grava still got his missiles and can hit you with it but nothing except damage taken happens.

1 Like