[1.1.4.2] Returning in a blaze of glory - Fire FW Commando (Cr+, Naked viable)

@klasperstanze - Yes, FB will definitely improve survivability, but I didn’t find it necessary. Build is already a rock as it is.

I would run with FB in naked crucible, and SR 76+ however

I have 100% pierce/fire conversion.

Look at the rings

I would max IT if I could, but IMO the points are best used elsewhere, especially given the fact that:

1. IT is affected by FW’s damage reduction transmuter
  2. I’m not using direbear medal which buffs FW’s DoT

Mate, not for a moment did I think you were trolling :stuck_out_tongue:

Right - the belt. 100% pierce to fire then.
Nevertheless - do you really feel a difference in AdctH when using Bat?
Because: A ranged skill going through everything and leeching life in a certain angle - You already have that with ForceWave.

The reason for bat is 2-fold:

1. You get 3% adcth on it. This is big as you’ve noted with FW’s massive AoE
  2. But more importantly, I think of bat as a safety net.

Say I get chunked really low and ghoul procs. Assume I’m also CC’d (which isn’t uncommon in naked crucible).

Bat will keep you alive for that 0.5s you’re stunned.

44% WD + decent flat on the proc + pierce through can/will give you enough sustain to survive another hit before your CC wears off.

awesome i am going to repurpose my boring markovian commando to this, thanks

1 Like

I think Korvaak relic is better here. Let’s you drop Mark of the Traveler which gives you nothing but 10% slow res for an Ugdenleather, which in turn lets you allocate res and da better for way more dmg. Like Resonant prefix (good % spirit and better res) on the pants, and losing the Purified Salt… The only serious thing you lose is last rank in Rending Force (and some minor da/armor, who needs that? :wink:). https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p6GbBZ

I tried korvaak’s relic last night actually. Drop in defence is noticeable, and I find it extremely hard to use blazing eruption effectively

It’s definitely better as mentioned in my item discussion.

I just can’t use it effectively.

@ya1: Iskandra relic is pretty sweet too

personally i really like menhirs bastion relic but thats not really fitting here i dont think

Don’t you need a shield for it to work?

it seems the for the skill of the relic no the damage absorbtion you can use on any setup although it has some stats that are for shield the skill + phys res always helped me fill some gaps

I think serenity is better defensively imo. The way I think of these things is sequentially.

Serenity patches my aether/chaos res, which means I don’t need to use components or devotions to fix it.

Which in turn means things like ghoul and armor if that makes sense?

Basically, I always ask myself - what must I give up if I were to use item X?

right i have a aether fire living ring of readiness for res i gave up 10 % pierce to fire conversion for this to work in my setup but my belt rolled 60% and my one ring 30% so i was like meh

TBH, the damage procs on the rings are pretty damn big. it’s what…15% WD and 400 flat fire every 1.4s?

This si great especially since I’m using a big fuck off hammer with high WD

yeah i use 2 on my sorcerer they do proc a lot and its lifesteal so yeah. but the real reason is i cant be arsed to make a serenity

1 Like

Added GT for the super armored version. This is what I run in naked cruci

will it be a good idea to respec my old physical commando spam fw to this one. Will i clock in better times?

Oh yeah… New Light’s Oath rings, buffed Cinder belt, buffed Wyrmscale boots.

I think FW has never been this strong.

The best thing is that you can scale the spirit dump down to adjust the tankiness of your build to your liking

The interest thing here is that Forcewave as a skill isn’t in good state and most of the time will look like a joke. But Sir Spanksalot found a way to make monster build!

1 Like

Does this build work in 1.1.5.2 also?

Yes.
Think nothing changed concerning this itemization setup.