[1.1.4.2] (S&B) The Dawn Is Breaking - Retaliation Warder, SR90 [c] [sr+]

Which devotion proc is better for tankyness (survival) - Light of Empyrion or Nature’s Guardians?

Can’t say about Guardians as never used them.
But another good option is Hourglass as we can have 2 Overguards in a row.

I tried that option but was not impressed much. Because we don’t have enough CDR in this build. I think Hourglass really shines with at least 20%+ CDR.

As for Nature’s Guardian I think it should portect from all damage - dots, poison - aether pools etc which is nice. I 'm pondering over this version - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQE4BpN

Targo Hammer - I tried it and liked. It increases our damage and sustain via life leech very noticeably.
The main problem for me personally with that version is that we’ll need at least 2 crafted items with %slow resist . But I have bp for the helm only.

P.S. After more testing with Nature’s Gardians I can say that it is worse than Light of Empyrion. For one simple reason - very long recharge time (about 13-14sec skill recharge).

2 Likes

New here, so I may have simply overlooked something - when looking at the Devotion setup, I’m unable to recreate it.

I start with Crossroads +5% Health (+1 Order Affinity/ total 1) > Lion (+3 Order Affinity/ total 4), but can’t access any of the other constellations listed in this build as they are locked.

I see the same problem with a number of builds I’ve checked. Is it due to patch changes, perhaps? Or is there something ingame that I’ve missed?

devotions can be self-sustaining. Eg. let’s say you start with a fresh devotion map. You put in 1 yellow in crossroads. Then ALL devotions that require 1 yellow affinity are unlocked. Let’s say you wanna go for Panther. When you have completed Panther, it then gives 3 blue and 2 yellow. This means that you can remove the yellow point in crossroad since the Panther will sustaining itself AND more devotions will be accessible due to the affinities Panther provides upon completion.

it is not due to a patch change, devotions do work like this.

1 Like

@malawiglenn is actually right.
and also, the current GT has changed a bit and now looks like: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23laBQV
also note that the build got nerfed and may suffer even more in the future.

Thanks guys. I thought I was going crazy. I discovered I can refund some points.

Hi All! I am trying to kill Calla with retaliation warder and I found your build @afanasenkov26. As the OA is very low and there is fumble everywhere, I am trying to go with high health regen:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQa6XMN
I can always get her to like 30-40% with vitality and jelly flasks, but then she bursts several attack and I am dead. Just to mention that with similar setup (purified salt and aether augments) I am facetanking Ravager of Souls without any flasks including life potions. What am I missing?

actually, I wanna say that I didn’t manage to kill Calla with this build
Ravager - yes, he’s fairly easy but not this one.
also, for regen these numbers are nor very great, especially when you’re facetanking and procs are not permanent.
struggle to say what is really wrong as I see capped resists (the ones that are needed) so …
what I actually can do is to recommend not to play this build. it has suffered nerfs and probably will suffer more.

1 Like

Many thanks for a very quick and fair response! Back to the drawing board then :slight_smile:

1 Like

@afanasenkov26 - I finally killed Calla! This time I completely dropped RR and leech from devotions and gear. Feels very strange at least… All the points went to phys resist, regen and armor in order to compensate for this loss. The fight took around 12 minutes, but it was stupidly easy this time. I used maybe 2-3 life potions. Here is the GT link for the record:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aMrRb2
I will definitely not recommend using my version outside celestial boss fights - the clear speed is non-existent.

1 Like