[1.1.4.2] Storm Boss of Elgoloth - 6min buffed/bannered clear, 10min naked clear, 15s dummy kill time

He’s back! Awesome :slight_smile:

Nice build btw.; I tried to make a more trozan focused allagast MH a while ago but it never even closely reached the levels of this beauty…

1 Like

SPANKY’S BACK!!

Box+devil+totem concept will always be strong unless Crate intentionally makes it unplayable. I even made an all green meme spec that could clear cruci in 6 mins lol.

1 Like

god damn, you are back!

Some old school itemization choices: 3x living armor + ancient armor, Ignaffar over Bane. Damn, son, you came back in style!

1 Like

Love me a SB build. That boom when you cast it on mobs and they just vanish:laughing:

Nicely done

Ignaffar is more than appropriate here. The bane love is real on this forum

1 Like

cool stuff, i made something a while back which works in a similar way just not allagast and the amu. I do believe you got a better fit with the items. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNn6YRwN

Just noting that N Reduced takes place after N% Reduced from Ultos. See here: Actual Resist Reduction formula

Your explanations are still more or less true, if you are not considering the RR from Raise the Dead.

Inquis nerfs when?

Ah, thanks for the clairfication Ceno. I didn’t know that. Will update OP.

Still though…-160% RR before revenant is pretty damn good.

While I don’t quite know the meta anymore, I think the inquis is fine. It’s mostly a support class now. You can’t really use any of it’s skills as a primary attack besides SBoE. You could consider FoI, but it is both super clunky, and the damage on it is just lackluster.

P.S. On the note of FoI…Has anyone made a successful voidsoul build? I tried making a voidsoul sentinel but the damage was abysmal.

Blasphemy! :smile:

I would rather see it’s offensive skills got buff, like FoI or RoK. Oh and there’s even Inquisitor skill called Horn of Gandalf. As FoI with Voidsoul ya have Paladin…

1 Like

Hi Spanksalot,

Nice build. Some theoretical suggestion: I think good returns would be from cast speed investment for maxed Tether and general casting flow. Restless Remains or something. I would also recommend Shoot’s approach to casters - spamming Stormfire (from Seal of Destruction) for sustain. Or since it was overnerfed and taken away 1/3rd of its weapon damage, maybe Chain Lightning from Seal of Skies? 200/1100 health regen alone sounds a little testy…

I tried using stormfire and chain lightning from seal pre-nerf actually. I also had ghoul in that set up. But with the CDR, SBoE has like a 0.4s CD. You really don’t have time to maximize said seal granted skills.

As for casting speed - totally agree. But the only way to maximize CS is to use light’s defender so you can get more relevant resists + restless remains.

DPS loss isn’t worth the trade off in my experience.

So it would increase the build’s speed if maybe two restless remains are used iand the boots are replaced with some green ones? I can really see the worth in replacing the trousers so. Maybe the medal slot can be used here as well? Used to be the cyclone mark in the build of @thejabrixone:

this build heavily relied on the aether conversion as well

I personally don’t think do. Pants gives +2 to maelstrom and raging tempest. Hug imo. Has a pretty decent proc, relevant %damage, oa, da, spirit.

I think it’s BiS.

Maybe you can change the boots, but i like +2 to censure for better radius to AoC. As it stands, aoe of censure is larger than ignaffar’s combustion. also, stun/petrify res is very nice

btw, thanks for sharing jabby’s post. I’ll mention it in OP.

woopsy I wanted to say that I can not see the worth in replacing the trousers since they are a very good fit here. And BAne as the other relic options , does not have RR but some Casting Speed. I’ll switch around some items, keep ba(n)e and green boots to use some restless remains and let you know of the results .

You could try restless remains if you want to go for green shoes. But personally, I play very mobile builds. If you watch the YT, I’m constantly moving around those pillars in the center of the crucible because all my attacks can go through them, but few attacks from enemy can. This is especially true for nems and mad queen. That’s how I personally try to keep enemies within the radius of AoC without dying.

And if I’m movin’, I ain’t casting. Hence my decision for the shoes to give me a little more wriggle room.

yeah I am not so much a man of moving much :slight_smile:
Another build which went along the same line of vindicator caster but a bit more lazy with storm totem,was from mad lee:

EDIT: fixed

Wrong link mate. :stuck_out_tongue:

For the sake of curiosity has anyone recently tested vindicator with stormcallers instead of censure? I’m curious how overtuned far ahead censure still is.

Yes. 0 survivability. AoC gives too much, and stun res isn’t beneficial here. You really only benefit from the crits, but the RR from AoC more than compensates for it as explained under the ‘funky mechanics’ section.

I’m asking about details. X:XX crucible times vs the 6:00 you are getting with censure. What does it cost to match censure’s durability when you’re using SCP?