Link to jabrixone’s original allagast/cyclone vindicator: [126.96.36.199] The Lightning (Mc)Queen - Allagast+Cyclone Lightning Caster Vindicator
@thejabrixone: Sorry mate, didn’t mean to not credit you, I just didn’t know a similar build had been done previously. <3
Creds due to: John smith for demonstrating the sheer power of stormbox, the OG veterans for being so supportive (you know know who you are), and da1andonlykitty whose devotion pathing I’m using.
Special shoutout to…: Mad_lee, strukto for all the TLC they’ve shown me
^Before all procs. Word of renewal and inqui seal are, however, active.
Hey guys, sorry for the hiatus. I had/have lots of life to do and couldn’t afford to be distracted by the forum. Activity will be intermittent.
Decided to announce my return with a new build – the Allagast Vindicator.
- More than -182% lightning RR (I’ll expound on this in the section titled ‘Funky Mechanics’ for those interested)
- 6s deadly aim with ~3s downtime + 200% lightning/electrocute damage during deadly aim
- Base of 2800% lightning damage before deadly aim
- Cinderwind + Cyclone wind devils
Defense: 0 problems in buffed/bannered runs, ~40% naked clear rate.
- Giant’s blood is taken to fix the lack of sustain
- Stacked CC res
- DA galore with -95 OA shred
- 15k hp
- 18% damage reduction
There are 2 things I wish to discuss here: (I) 10% CDR to deadly aim, (II) X% RR
- 10% CDR to deadly aim:
AFAIK, this is the only example of X% CDR on a temporary buff that I know of. What makes it crazy good is that this CDR affects the inherent cooldown of deadly aim itself. In other words, assuming that the 10% CDR to deadly aim is the only source of CDR I have, the downtime of deadly aim will be a perpetual 4.5s, instead of its usual 5s.
I’m not 100% sure, but I’m also fairly certain that the cooldown of all skills used during deadly aim will not increase once deadly aim wears off.
Once you factor in the 200% lightning damage bonus to deadly aim, it becomes the most powerful tool in the allagast vindicator’s arsenal.
- 20% RR from Ultos: TL; DR - the efficacy of X% RR increases the more negative you can make a target’s resistance. So, above all else, I chose to stack -X% RR.
As many of the veterans are aware of, the formula for X% RR is as follows… |Target’s resistance – RR| * (X% RR)
Example 1: Target has 100% Res, I have -50% RR, and 20% RR…
|100% - 50%| * (20%) = 10%
Therefore, 20% RR here amounts to an effective -10% RR. And the target will ultimately have 40% res.
Example 2: Target has 100% res, I have -150% RR, and 20% RR |100% - 150%| * (20%) = 10%
Therefore, 20% RR here amounts to an effective -10% RR. And the target will ultimately have -60% res.
Allagast vindicator example 1: Target has 100% res, I have approx. -200% RR, and 20% RR
|100% - 200%| * (20%) = 20%
Therefore, 20% RR here amounts to an effective -10% RR. And the target will ultimately have -120% res.
Allagast vindicator Example 2: Target has 20% res, I have approx. -200% RR, and 20% RR
|20% - 200%| * (20%) = 36%
Therefore, the target will ultimately have -216% res.
Levelling by madame spanksalot, written by sir spanks
With the changes to veteran, levelling with the inquisitor is an absolute nightmare.
- Word of pain? More like Word of lame.
- RoH sucks the big one with its long arming time, and the 25% damage reduction on it. But like it or not, it is the only single target skill you can rely on.
- RoK lacks the single target capabilities of RoH
- Getting WPS isn’t very effective either as you don’t have an autoattack replacer
- You have no RR until you get AoC
- You have no defences outside of seal/word of renewal
What I suggest is using the shaman instead. Max out raging tempest and maelstrom ASAP. Get storm totems too. And use deathchill bolts as your spammable skill.
Pretty standard lightning devotion, with the exception of revenant. With the high aether/lightning conversion, skele’s actually do quite a bit more damage than elemental storm. Net loss of 7 RR is totally worth.
I think the enslaved wraith is BiS. Definitely beats out yeti’s horn because of the higher base %lightning damage.
As for as affixes go, sandstorm is BiS, ‘of sands’ is pretty good too. Any other relevant affixes is just a nice bonus.
Cindertouch > Light’s defender by miles. Fire/lightning conversion benefits both wind devil, and the elemental damage to SBoE from the medal. Cinderwind is also a massive damage spike. Then there’s OA and crit damage too.
Hope ya’ll liked it!