Build Compendium X (Forgotten Gods)

Hi, Stupid Dragon. I didn’t post here recently in waiting to see how other players will write their submissions. So I will add my builds in the classical way…

[DW Melee] [1.1.4.1] (g3) (c+) (vid) Full Korba set Trickster (Nery)

• Damage: Cold, Frostburn
  • Active Skills: Savagery , Amarasta’s Blade Burst, Shadow Strike, Ring of Steel,Pneumatic Burst, Blade Spirits, Wind Devils, Ultos Arrival
  • Passive Skills: Coldstone x2, Veil of Shadow, Stormcaller’s Pact
  • WPS Skills: Execution, Whirling Death, Belgothian’s Shears, Amarasta’s Quick Cut

[2h Caster] [1.1.4.2] (g4) (c+) Lightnig Forcewave Warder (Nery)

• Damage: Lightning
  • Active Skills: Forcewave, Wind Devils, Storm Totem, Wendigo Totem, Chaos Strike
  • Passive Skills: Stormcaller’s Pact, Stromcaller Aura, Mogdrogen’s Pact, Field Command, Whirling Blades

[Caster] [1.1.4.2] (g3) (c+) Aether Drain Essence Spellbinder (Nery)

• Damage: Aether
  • Active Skills: Drain Essence, Aether Corruption, Ravenous Earth, Devastation, Mark of Torment, Mirror of Ereoctes, Nullification, Callidor’s Tempest, Displacement
  • Passive Skills: Harbinger of Souls, Spectral Binding, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Aether-Ward
1 Like

I forgot to submit my recent builds. So we’re still doing g tags now? Wonder if you’ll allow me to put in g99 tag on the all greens build just as a meme.

• [Caster] [1.1.4.1] (g99) (c+)(vid)The Green Sage - All Green GDstasher Vindicator (x1x1x1x2)

• Damage: Lightning
    • Active Skills: Wind Devil, Storm Totem, Storm Box of Elgoloth, Wendigo Totem, Inquisitor Seal, Word of Renewal
    • Passive Skills: Aura of Censure, Mogdrogen’s Pact,
    • WPS Skills: Nope
  • [Caster] [1.1.4.2] (g5) (c+)(vid)PLAGUE MONK OF CLAN PESTILENS - Dunefiend EoR Dervish (x1x1x1x2)

• Damage: Acid
    • Active Skills: Eye of Reckoning, Shadow Strike, Displacement, Ring of Steel, Pneumatic Burst, Ascension
    • Passive Skills: Vitriolic Gallstone x2, Presence of Virtue, Divine Mandate
    • WPS Skills: Nope
1 Like

At this point it’s whatever, g-tags will be removed, just a matter of time. I’d like to provide a somewhat adequate replacement first - a guide that should help determining gear dependability. It’ll be in about two weeks if I don’t burn out midway.

I have an idea. Put MI tag instead of G tags. No MI if your build is only legendary. If you have MIs, put MI and number of greens you have. Like MI 1 or 3 or 12…

Current plan is to replace (g4) and (g5) with (mi)

Does it really matter how many MI’s builds have, considering that MI’s also differ in affix quality and farmability?

It might. Some MI’s are much easier to find (i.e. stoneplates vs say a double rolled kuba).

EDIT: Here are some submissions, when you have the time for them - Tyvm!

• [Caster] [1.1.4.2] (g4) (C+) (vid) (L) Storm boss of Elgoloth - Allagast vindicator (sir_spanksalot)

• Damage: Lightning, electrocute
    • Active Skills: Stormbox, Inqui seal, Word of renewal, Storm totem, Wind devil, aether corruption, Ultos’ arrival
    • Passive Skills: Mogdrogen’s pact, Aura of censure
  • [Caster] [1.1.4.2] (g4) (C+) (vid) Ulzuin’s barrelsmith - skyfire grenadier reborn (sir_spanksalot)

• Damage: Lightning, electrocute
    • Active Skills: Grenado, Canister bomb, Thermite mines, Blazing eruption, Flash bang, Word of renewal, storm box, aether corruption, Ultos’ arrival
    • Passive Skills: Vindictive flame, ulzuin’s chosen, flametouched, blast shield, Aura of censure
    • WPS Skills: Crossfire, Salvo, Duelist

2nd EDIT: My suggestion for tags…

• MI = any MI, no specific affixes needed
  • ^MI = any MI with a specific prefix needed
  • MI^ = any MI with a specific suffix needed
  • ^MI^ = any MI with both a specific prefix + suffix needed
1 Like

But differentiating between all of those would be totally impossible via a tag system (unless you want to add, like, 50 new tags for farmability/crafting cost/affix roll chance/etc.)…

I’d +1 your ^mi^-tag system to differentiate between the no. of required affixes, though.

Maybe the circumflex could be a minus (-mi-) or a plus instead (+mi+)? But that’s just a matter of taste, really :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, makes sense to me.

IMO, doesn’t matter how many MI’s are in a build. What matters is how many rare, and necessary affixes are attached to them.

Ergo - I think the tag should indicate the number of rare affixes, not so much the # of M.I’s

New rules
Builds with out char screenshot can’t be post in compendium

1 Like

Now you will make Sir something depressed a lot :rofl:

Yeah, that’s why I like your idea.
I was suggesting a weird (mi) / (mi+) system before because just differentiating between (mi) + (non-mi) seemed a little insufficient to me; but your one looks way better :slight_smile:

Hey, c’mon, taking a screenshot in-game & throwing it into a post takes, like, 30secs :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: and this new rule only goes for new additions, anyways. It’s not like he has to update all of his past build guides now

@omnitrio: man. I’ve got 0 screenshots on all my guides…does that mean I’d have to delete all of them?

P.S. In all honesty, I hope no one thinks I’m posting builds different from the ones in my GT :confused:

EDIT: @cinder - if that’s the case, then we can just go (P# | S#), where p = prefix, s = suffix

The rule was put into place because GT was down for more than a week a while ago, and people didn’t really have any way to see how a build looks in-game withouth a screenshot at that time :wink:

So we only have to add screenshots now in case that ever happens again, not because they think you forgot to reset your 9999 spirit back to normal or sth :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

rules is rules

for new and updated builds must be a screenshot

is it difficult for you to make a screenshot and post it in your thread?

Oh! I thought it was a suggestion you were making, I didn’t realize it was a new rule. No. it’s not difficult at all. i thought I’d have to go back and edit all my guides, which isn’t possible because some characters have been deleted/changed.

Sorry for not reading posting rules

Sure, I’ll add in the screen shots later.

EDIT: omfg. lol. sorry, I have no idea how to use this forum

2nd edit: screenshots added

Pending builds processed.

This is correct, thank you for explanation.
It also serves as a minimal proof of character’s existence, since performance videos are optional.

Thanks for your input, but I’m going to reject that because it has “needs” in it:

To elaborate - it’s beyond my power to arbiter on what counts as “needs” and what not, especially since I’m 100% sure now buildmakers will argue with me about that due to buildmakers arguing with me that gear tag system is unfair and their build deserves lower rating.

There’s also myself being unsure whether an item resulting in some overcaps, useful proc and 500 more hp should count as “needs” or not. Technically it may be not necessary for the build to function, but the high end performance could be drastically different.

Not a problem, noone does :rofl:

Among other things that changed is you don’t have to mention component buffs like Electrifying Weapons anymore since I’ll remove them anyway. You also could omit WPS Skills: none line if you want since I’ll remove it anyway too.

1 Like

By need I mean…:

• necessary skill points
  • &/or otherwise gamechanging resists

e.g. getting an ‘incorruptible’ on a ring may allow a build to go for crazy offensive items/devotions.

EDIT: Anything else is just icing on top imo. But you’re the compendium keeper. You decide!

2nd EDIT: to clarify what I mean by gamechanging skill points…let’s use mortar trap. @24/16, you get an additional summon limit to mortar trap.

Rolling an ‘elementalist’ on a medal with +2 to mortar trap so that a build may hit that 24/16 threshold is gamechanging to me because it’s basically a second conduit.

3rd edit: Yup, let me edit my submissions.

I already edited them for you, they are in compendium.

1 Like

I’m late to the discussion, oh well. Imo there are threee levels of gear dependency. 1) is faction + random MIs farmable within several hours (usually aiming for magic affixes with the right resists to complete the build). 2) includes legendaries and everything from the first. 3) includes conduits with specific combinations of prefix+affix(+craft) and MIs with specific stats - without them the build just doesnt work

I think these are hard deviders because 1) is available to every newer player solo 2) you potentially have to trade with someone but it will be easy to trade for 3) hard to get even through trade

Most common builds will be 2) anyway so i think optional tag of (g1) - for the 1) - and (MI) - for the 3) will do the trick.

1 Like

Disagree on this. Farming conduits is very doable, albeit tedious. It’s like farming kriegs or dark one’s. Getting a double rolled kaisan eye is a whole other story

Furthermore, conduits are relatively cheap to craft.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, with the huge influx of augments, the resist suffix on conduits don’t quite matter anymore. Acid, chaos, aether, pierce <— all interchangeable