[1.1.4.0] The Lightning (Mc)Queen - Allagast+Cyclone Lightning Caster Vindicator

27th July 2019: Build Updated for 1.1.4.0, longer clear times due to round of nerfs but more resilient and easier to pilot.

The Build

Allagast%20Cyclone%20update_panecrop
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlWvb52
Screenshot with all permanent buff + Word of Renewal, Deadly Aim, and Sitting on Inquisitor Seal.

Original GT Link from 1.1.2.4:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w260P3eZ

Build Feature

Upside:

• Fucking Insane cruci clear speed
  • Colorful and unique gameplay
  • Super Massive AoE

Cons:Downside:

• Using Non WD Spells
  • Really hard to pilot
  • Not for the faint hearted
Build Overview

Shout-out to John_Smith for posting the first working Allagast build and discovering the correct use of allagast’s stormbox. Also To Mad_Lee for the first posted cyclone vindicator. Good references for this build.

Allagast set is one of the first set I worked on in AoM, but never succeeded. Mainly because I was focusing on lightning tether and trying to increase its cast speed while the set doesn’t give any. Until John come, researching storm box, and posting his boxman, an aether storm box apostate.

So basically what we want to achieve in allagast set is not casting speed, is not lightning tether, but storm box itself. Lightning tether scaled on cast speed but only 3 enemies max to be tethered. Storm box doesn’t have limitation and its damage will stack along its radius, as long as you cast it on different enemy. In this build, we have storm box with 0.4s CD (0.3s if deadly aim is active), which basically spam-able. You want to mash storm box button in the herd of enemy, making all of its damage stacked to each other.

Allagast alone has innate weakness though, Its damage is really low if you don’t stack storm box. In this build, I covered it with wind devil and storm totem. Both skills has massive AoE and good single target damage if you spawned multiple. 3-pieces of Cyclone Set are used for strengthening wind devil. It also provide a really good defensive properties. Additional sources of damage provided by 2x cinderwind procs and lightning devo procs.

The build still has massive weakness, all main damaging skills don’t have WD and ADCTH. As itemization is not quite flexible, we can only cover it with devo (and maybe components). The build must use twin fangs + ghoul for sustain. This is enough for most cruci wave except 160, 169, and 170, thus full concentration is needed on said wave.

Update 1.1.4.0: Bane relic now provide ADCTH in its stats and proc, it is now BiS for this build. the build now have 20% ADCTH and Spear of the Heaven leech for 12% ADCTH.

On other defense properties: we have 29% Phys res, decent 2k armor, good CC res, Giant’s blood proc, and prismatic rage proc, also kiting… :stuck_out_tongue:.

Equipment Choices

Try to get as much as 90% Aether to Lightning conversion. Craft any components in Arngrim’s to have +% armor or +% physique, or Kaylon for Stun Res.

Core Items:
Allagast’s Masterpiece Set. [For making storm box spamable]
The Cyclone Set Except Shoulder. [For strengthening wind devil, also gives a really good defensive stats.]
Gloves: Cindertouch. [Converting up to 30% Fire>Lightning, Damaging procs, +wind devil, good stats overall]
Ring 2: Mythical Glyph of the Storm Witch [Converting up to 30% aether > Lightning, relevant skill bonus, decent stats.]
Belt: Mythical Storm Shepherd. [Brand new lightning shaman’s belt, converting up to 60% aether > Lightning, also give good stats and res.]
Amulet: Conduit of Wild Whispers with Wind Devil mod. [Making sure we always have 3 wind devil on. Also giving a really nice defensive properties like all conduit do.]

Supporting Items:
Pants: Mythical Legwraps of the Tranquil Mind. [+Spirit, slow res, really good stats and res]
Boots: Stormbearers. [Bonus to maelstrom, +phys res, high DA, decent stats.]
Relic: Bane. [Inquisitor RR relic for more ADCTH and leeching proc. Get completion bonus for Aura of Censure]
Movement Rune: Use whatever you like. I use Rune of Ultos’ Arrival currently.

Devotions

Lightning Focus Devo

Twin Fangs > to Storm Totem
Aetherfire > to Storm Box of Elgoloth
Arcane Bomb > to Aether Corruption
Elemental Storm > to Inquisitor Seal
Hand of Ultos > to Wind Devil
Giant’s Blood > to whatever permanent buff
Ghoulish Hunger > to whatever permanent buff
Spear of the Heavens > to whatever permanent buff

Gameplay

Keybind:
LMB: Point to Move
RMB: Wind Devil
Mouse scroll up/down: Aether Corruption
Keyboard 1: Movement Rune
Keyboard 2: Storm Box of Elgoloth
Keyboard 3: Storm Totem
Keyboard 4: Inquisitor Seal
Keyboard 5: Word of Renewal

Standard procedure:
Always have Word of renewal active
Try to have 3 wind devils most of the time
Scroll up, to spread aether corruption and arcane bomb
Summon Storm totem in the middle of enemy’s horde. Try to have 3 always standing.
Summon Inquisitor Seal below you.
Mash Storm Box button, tap all enemies to give them one box each.
You want to always be near your storm totem fort and lure enemies to there.

Build Performance Crucible: **Update 1.1.4.0:** Video with 4 buff without banner:

6:40 clear time. The consecutive nerf on storm box and maelstrom hit the build quite a bit. It is now safer with bane relic though. I have tested the build so many times and I think the average without banner will be 6:30 to 6:45. Sadly 6 minutes without banner may not be achievable anymore.

Old 1.1.2.4 version, still without banner:

https://youtu.be/smpz9FLdSSk
6:00 clear time. Yes, without banner.

Now the dangerous wave is only 160 and 170. Just don’t be too cocky and kite if needed. You don’t need to stand your ground too much anyway as you only need to cast box one time to only 4-5 enemies in those wave. Kiting around storm totem is crucial though.

One other thing to note is Mad queen. When she activate his aura the first time, just kite and hide behind other enemies or statues. Let your storm totem, storm box, and wind devil do the job.

Other than those waves, you can just stand on the center platform, sitting on your inquisitor seal and storm totem fort, and mashing storm box button.

Remember that this is non-WD caster, still hard to pilot.

Shattered Realm:
Haven’t checked yet. Will be hard and need so much kiting though.

This is one of the most insane build I made for cruci to this date. Hard to pilot, but worth it. Enjoy

2 Likes

awesome one. but what makes me sad is yet another allagast build without TSS :stuck_out_tongue:

i guess its time to rework this set and get rid of weird aether part

Fk, that’s really fast :rolleyes:
Surprised how much regeneration giant gives atm.
Gratz! Really impressive!

This might be the fastest Vindicator yet, it’s gotta be tested with a banner. Gear synergy is of the charts on this one. Glad to see some of mine and John’s gear/devotion decisions inspiring you to make this beast.

Do put a point into Word of Renewal to reach a breakpoint at 13/12 tho :slight_smile:

And honest question (because I am not much of a stormboxer myself) is overcapping Totem better than overcapping Tether?

And one more time, beastly build, almost perfect, one that would definitely trigger Zantai once bannered run is posted. But, you took Spear of Heavens, so just 3 Korvaak devotions out of 10, zero m.i.'s makes it literally unplayable.

Thanks Toya!
Arcanist is the problem. I just don’t enjoy playing arcanist anymore.

BTW no, don’t remove aether part of the set. John make a beautiful aether apostate with it.

Thanks John!
Giant’s blood is definitely a crutch for this build.
Really hard to pilot this though. You might be the only one that can play non WD caster with only bat+ghoul smoothly… [emoji14]

Thanks Madlee!
Oh, don’t realize the breakpoint of WoR is at 13/12, thanks.

Yes, overcapping totem is better than tether. This build has only acceptable cast speed, and tether scaled on cast speed. Plus it only has 3 enemies Max while I need to mash storm box button like mad.

Oh God, please no more Inquisitor nerf. Storm box is the last good attacking skill of Inquisitor. RoH and RoK are shit now. Nerfing storm box will just make inquisitor as a pure supporting mastery like non pet occultist. Also I am tired of nerf. The last nerf on cataclysm set still make me mad.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Superb build,man!I suddenly have desire to play with Cyclone,with Allagast maybe not that much.I will try some forgotten class though,called Elementalist or I don’t know the name.My personal quest is to fill all blanks in exotic and neglected chars in compendium :smiley:

Good Cleartime + All Legendary = Good Build. GJ:D

Thanks Nery!
I avoid any demo masteries except purifier like plague now. Just because of Thermite mine.
Damn skill need to be revamped completely.

Thanks Omochi!
Though to be fair, MI just doesn’t have place in this build. And all res and CC res and stats can be covered by legendary, lol.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Just admit you are a noob builder, Jabrixone, no Korvaak and not a single Formidable of Kings, how can you even

Excuse me Mad_Lee senpai. I am just a humble small time builder from countryside, trying to make an honest living out of big grim dawn forum. Please don’t patronize me for not using double rare green pants!

Damn man, jokes aside korvaak is actually a decent devo with a decent procs and nice nodes. It’s quite a general offensive devo so only nice if you don’t have other better devo for your damage type.

Some players are saying Spear is trash and not worth picking,so buff Spear 2019,I doubt you will mind that;).Also no Korvaak,when lightning don’t have good T3 devotion,0 Kor projectiles out of 6 :smiley:

Damn spear is really good. Powerful nodes. Decent procs but so powerful if you convert all of its damage.

I am not saying that korvaak is bad, but it has no place in this build for sure.

This forum became an unfriendly place lately. I guess it’s a sign that Grim Dawn has become a really popular game… :smiley:

Shit… this will beat Stormreaver… I’m calling Zantai! :furious:

Jokes aside, Box is really good even without Alagast. Maxing Box on Stormreaver and Ludrigan at the cost of peripheral and even some core skills raised clear times by 30 seconds or more.

But this should not be nerfed. It’s a build with no sustain. It’s skill-demanding. You need to click that Box precisely on every enemy like Hit The Mole. It deserves those times.

Yeah, box is good and quite multi-purpose.
The dev need to try this build before speaking nerf… :stuck_out_tongue:
Not easy piloting a non-WD build with no immortality spell in high-stress environment like Cruci and SR.

You guys should try Allagast. Mashing stormbox button on every enemy is quite fun actually. :rolleyes:

Nice build.

Also really enjoying some “funny” jokes about korvak devo. Do you really need to provoke people?

I guess temporary ban was too short.

Guess that makes ppl like me an ‘‘expert’’. Some people just can’t stop on this forum any more…

Anyway Jaxx. Really awesome build. I love anything Storm Box and this is great

Very impressive.

keep quiet until the waves settle, or else big bad Z takes away your building license and post-count, condemning you to a harsh existence outside the law/forums.

Thanks Ayy!

Yeah, you guys need to stop with all these sensitive jokes.
BTW, thanks Fluff!

Thanks Sigatrev!
Rare to see you commenting in non-pet build… :wink:

No forum toxic elitism kinda needs to stop cause it’s hurting it really bad lately, including good builds like yours;)

Out of curiosity, does anyone ever use Bane Relic on inquis builds? Seems that soe often RR takes over any interesting visual proc.

Maybe it’s time for a buff on it