[1.1.4.0] The Lightning (Mc)Queen - Allagast+Cyclone Lightning Caster Vindicator

And Vengeance also. Actually can’t remember anyone using those relics. Also my beloved Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm left in sewers with Annihilation, after Korvaak Deception was introduced.

Sorry for off-topic

Because RR in most cases is the king. Reinforced by the fact that censure got its RR nerfed.

This build doesn’t lack of RR though. If bane has innate adcth like reign of ice and fire ring, I will gladly use it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

actually, the new korvaak is pretty lame also. It’s just an ok burn stack

Interesting,fairly recently the proc of Bane was buffed.It’s hard to compete with Ignaffar.So if you want buff,perhaps it should be to stat line.I have tried it between 90-94 few times and with high OA proc is good.I even tested at some point some proc based Deceiver with Bane on purpose.

Christ, Fluff, it was a joke, I gave the build and the builder praises in the post before that. I hope you are joking too about not getting the joke.

Hmmm… I have a Dejavu…

Few questions,what’s your success rate in Crucible?What you think about Tempest vs Ultos for lightning constellation other than Spear?

On a side note of precision targeting, what DPI do you have your mouse at? It’s a little thing I’ve been wondering for a while (what dpi people use for GD). Not like it’s super critical most of the time for precise clicking but… well the thought is out there now.

Frankly it’s about 70%. The build can only die at wave 160, 169, or 170. I only do minimal kiting though, so maybe that’s one of the reason.
I am still testing haunted steel because theorytically it should be able to cover if giant’s blood is inactive, but still hard.

As for reckless tempest vs ultos, ultos has WD and will heal you slightly. Tempest is not and has a really long CD. I never really like tempest.

Hmmm, my mouse is Logitech g403 wired. Don’t remember what dpi I set, but it might be about 1k. I just set it with enough speed for precision and never change it.

For those wondering about Allagast’s recent streak of “better without Arcanist” builds, not 10 minutes’ worth of theorycrafting yield a Purifier that also works better than Mage Hunter, clearing crucible (3/4b+vb) in 7 minutes: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZewwqQ2 (edit: whoops, forgot to fix vitality resistance)

It’s not a polished build by any means, just something I threw together while working on feedback for the set. Just you watch, any day now someone will come up with an aether/lightning shadow strike infiltrator that also works better than TSS Allagast. :stuck_out_tongue:

That actually looks interesting, thanks. Never try mortar trap though so I can’t really picture how the gameplay are. I guess you can treat it as storm totem as it also kinda stationary. Your mortar trap still has unconverted fire damage though, so idk how effective they will be.

I have tried Allagast mage Hunter before, back in my newbie day:
https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69683
I start by focusing on lightning first, then I tried aether, then a mix of two. Never really succeeded and eventually give up.

At the end of the thread, I suggest that allagast to drop all the support for TSS and switch it to Aether Lightning Devastation instead. Dropping Devastation while mashing Stormbox button sounds good, yes? Unfortunately, it will be hard to realize now with the changes on star pact.

Never really see successful TSS build without trozan set aside from MammothHunter’s.

Effective enough, with such an amount of elemental RR. Mortar traps really pack a punch in Crucible. The times mentioned aren’t theoretical, they’re what I got in my 3 test runs; they were probably on the lucky side, but I dare say the average won’t be higher than 7:30.

At the end of the thread, I suggest that allagast to drop all the support for TSS and switch it to Aether Lightning Devastation instead. Dropping Devastation while mashing Stormbox button sounds good, yes?

Not to me, it doesn’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s really a matter of taste. I find Storm Box + TSS to be some of the most enjoyable caster gameplay in GD; I definitely wouldn’t want to drop TSS from Allagast. The concept is perfectly salvageable, it just needs some attention.

Damn the build took some hits. Stormbox damage nerf. Wind devil damage nerf and some less lightning on allagast but more aether damage. Is the build salvageable though ? Really liked the playstyle.
Or should i drop the stormbox and go pure totems with reaver + light defender?

I am not Jabrixone but pretty sure build still demolishes everything extremely fast. Iirc build’s problem was never damage but squishiness + a bit weird 0 cd stormbox gameplay that required some skill and focus. It’s going to take a lot of nerfs before Lightning Vindicators stop being op.

Basically what Madlee said. Stormbox nerf is offset by its item mod buff. Maelstrom nerf is not that bad as single target damage (when in one on one) is helped by multiple 26/16 wind devil and multiple storm totem.

One of the problem of this build is lacking an ability that proc when health reaching x% value. As it will be great to assign giant’s blood to such ability.

Haven’t messed with this build again. Will do it in the near future.

hmmm ty for the info. Maybe but just maybe I will try my luck as well and see if i can get a little bit of tankyness out of the trouser and boots slot. After 500h you are pro according to Heapheaus . Maybe i should start making my own builds :slight_smile: It just felt so much more squishy once i took it to the cruci directly after patch , but maybe but just only maybe that was me bbeing tiered , drunk or whatever

I am in 1.7k hours currently.
I really need to play other games. :sweat_smile:

I am at soon 2k hours, I am quadruple pro? :medal_sports::medal_military::medal_sports::medal_military:

God knows what he’d call powbam (10,000) and Dikkie (12,000). Wait, I know - casuals. :rofl:

So that is why powbam is doing my beginner lightning vidicator, he decided to git gud :wink: