[1.1.4.0] The Lightning (Mc)Queen - Allagast+Cyclone Lightning Caster Vindicator

That actually looks interesting, thanks. Never try mortar trap though so I can’t really picture how the gameplay are. I guess you can treat it as storm totem as it also kinda stationary. Your mortar trap still has unconverted fire damage though, so idk how effective they will be.

I have tried Allagast mage Hunter before, back in my newbie day:
https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69683
I start by focusing on lightning first, then I tried aether, then a mix of two. Never really succeeded and eventually give up.

At the end of the thread, I suggest that allagast to drop all the support for TSS and switch it to Aether Lightning Devastation instead. Dropping Devastation while mashing Stormbox button sounds good, yes? Unfortunately, it will be hard to realize now with the changes on star pact.

Never really see successful TSS build without trozan set aside from MammothHunter’s.

Effective enough, with such an amount of elemental RR. Mortar traps really pack a punch in Crucible. The times mentioned aren’t theoretical, they’re what I got in my 3 test runs; they were probably on the lucky side, but I dare say the average won’t be higher than 7:30.

At the end of the thread, I suggest that allagast to drop all the support for TSS and switch it to Aether Lightning Devastation instead. Dropping Devastation while mashing Stormbox button sounds good, yes?

Not to me, it doesn’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s really a matter of taste. I find Storm Box + TSS to be some of the most enjoyable caster gameplay in GD; I definitely wouldn’t want to drop TSS from Allagast. The concept is perfectly salvageable, it just needs some attention.

Damn the build took some hits. Stormbox damage nerf. Wind devil damage nerf and some less lightning on allagast but more aether damage. Is the build salvageable though ? Really liked the playstyle.
Or should i drop the stormbox and go pure totems with reaver + light defender?

I am not Jabrixone but pretty sure build still demolishes everything extremely fast. Iirc build’s problem was never damage but squishiness + a bit weird 0 cd stormbox gameplay that required some skill and focus. It’s going to take a lot of nerfs before Lightning Vindicators stop being op.

Basically what Madlee said. Stormbox nerf is offset by its item mod buff. Maelstrom nerf is not that bad as single target damage (when in one on one) is helped by multiple 26/16 wind devil and multiple storm totem.

One of the problem of this build is lacking an ability that proc when health reaching x% value. As it will be great to assign giant’s blood to such ability.

Haven’t messed with this build again. Will do it in the near future.

hmmm ty for the info. Maybe but just maybe I will try my luck as well and see if i can get a little bit of tankyness out of the trouser and boots slot. After 500h you are pro according to Heapheaus . Maybe i should start making my own builds :slight_smile: It just felt so much more squishy once i took it to the cruci directly after patch , but maybe but just only maybe that was me bbeing tiered , drunk or whatever

I am in 1.7k hours currently.
I really need to play other games. :sweat_smile:

I am at soon 2k hours, I am quadruple pro? :medal_sports::medal_military::medal_sports::medal_military:

God knows what he’d call powbam (10,000) and Dikkie (12,000). Wait, I know - casuals. :rofl:

So that is why powbam is doing my beginner lightning vidicator, he decided to git gud :wink:

Well, heck, I’ve got over 2,000 and I never claim I’m good at it. Doesn’t mean I don’t have a lot of fun anyway. :rofl:

12k hours what the hell. I got about 1.7k in 1.5 years I played GD. How can they get 12k hours in 3 years of GD age? Mother of God…

They played it since alpha

but are still casuals according to Heapheus :rofl:

Everybody seems to forget f****** in front of casuals.

That’s because we’re more polite than Heaph. :smile:

Build updated for 1.1.4.0. Longer clear times due to round of nerfs but more resilient and easier to pilot.

Allagast%20Cyclone%20update_panecrop
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlWvb52
Screenshot with all permanent buff + Word of Renewal, Deadly Aim, and Sitting on Inquisitor Seal.

Video with 4 buff without banner:

6:40 clear time. The consecutive nerfs on storm box and maelstrom hit the build quite a bit. It is now safer with bane relic though. I have tested the build so many times and I think the average without banner will be 6:30 to 6:45. Sadly 6 minutes without banner may not be achievable anymore.

I’ve been burnt out from GD and having lost of interest lately. Might come back again for the new rogue dungeon if I happen to have more interesting ideas.

1 Like

hmm, interesting choice of a freshly buffed Bane. How does it compare to Ignaffar?

Despite the nerf, ignaffar is still good. This one doesn’t really need additional 10% RR though, because it has 147+25% already. However it desperately needs another survival healing kit, which Bane come to play. It’s undoubtedly BiS for this build.

BTW, just played this build in campaign, killing gargabol and stuff. Damn what a joy to play, and gargabol got down pretty easily too. I thought it will not be enjoyable as storm box spam is funny in cruci. Make me want to try SR with this build.

maybe I should try Bane on my Cyclone Vindicator, hmm.

More RR is never bad, there are no diminishing returns with that particular stat. But I understand the need for more tankiness tho.

2 Likes

Haven’t tried SR. But it certainly made ADCTH from SoTH noticeable. The build feels much tankier, it cannot die in 169 wave now.