[1.1.4.2] The CockTailer - retal commando, mini-guide [g3][c+][vid]

What in the hell naked cruci with extra spawn in 6:30 minutes.

I tried that retal bwc with dawnguard for lightning rental and failed miserably :rofl:. I see that physical retal is the answer, much like DE retal.

The build will be hard to balance though, no doubt it’s broken, but nerfing it will make elemental retal bwc unplayable.

Though honestly the whole RtA should not happen at all, slippery slope to balance. Very thin line between unplayable and broken.

Anyway, congrats for another insane build!

2 Likes

I don’t understand…will someone explain to me why phys retal is so much better?

I don’t know about physical retal but I can explain why this build is so broken. Spam BWC on this build has twice as much damage as BWC on my Burn Ward Shieldbreaker which has 22/12 transmuted pimped out BWC and 2800% to Fire/Burn. And most of its damage is direct damage, which means it stacks with itself when you spam it at one area. So not only the damage on BWC here is obscene, it’s a direct physical damage that stacks with itself.

I just don’t see why that can’t translate into another damage type

I guess because first of all, Soldier has a huge Retaliation damage support but most importantly, Beronath’s Sword converts Elemental retaliation and Lightning Retaliation numbers that are higher than physical values into physical.

Or maybe also because when you have physical damage numbers as high as this stacking with itself monster’s armor doesn’t matter as much and their phys res is much lower than their other resists.

2 Likes

It’s a nice retal build and no doubt about it. The durability from Bulwark and Healing Rain is great.

Beranoth is huge and allows for almost complete flexibility on items. And not only for BWC rta retal and associated conversions via skills/equipment/devotions, but for all normal retaliations including counterstrike and basic retaliation. (As MLee mentioned). Armor is the main nemesis of small numbers - but once you get past the threshold, few mobs have very significant resists (some boss exceptions). And even with very high enemy armor, 30% gets through before the threshold, which can add up when stacked.

Beranoth [purely imho] is the most insane conversion item out there (100% to many types).

If you were curious to compare a similar concept but different damage type, I did theorize a gimmicky chaos BWC spammer , which is pretty restricted to one conversion. I have no plans to test it, though. And it has not soldier for CS, which means that it would not be a direct comparision.

1 Like

Really nice build, love it!

1 Like

Nice build, John!

Actually is more than nice. Soldier don’t have fire RR but build looks super fast. And Rta is still under explored mechanic, dare to say. So you find that niche, congrats!

2 Likes

Because phys retal is here and all other retal is here.

1 Like

gonna try to find a way around this

Good build for sure. It is possible turion shield has already been nerfed for 1.1.5 though since there was a thread discussing the absurdity some time ago.

Built it and I find OA severly lacking… In SR I cannot crit on most bosses so I lose two very important constellations procs, as they are on crit (assasins mark and phoenix fire)
Cruci is just fine with buffs

Hi there! Thanks for your build, this is just amazing :heart_eyes:
Decided to check how balanced game is after so many patches. With some tweaks from @mad_lee got those okay-ish results.

I guess devs worked hard to achieve this razor sharp balance.
p.s. Mad_lee said “it’s time to nerf Cyclone again” but I don’t know what it means.

7 Likes

So now when madlee is nerfed… I mean banned, has he commanded (pun intended) his fans to post his videos and banter for him?

3 Likes

Duchy’s turn now. :rofl:

1 Like

Sub 5 ex naked, #hellobalance2021
Once upon a time one salty pole will learn how to balance, but 2 years after FG release isn’t the right time yet

6 Likes

4.45 Naked EX, 4.53 sr75-76

man, retal really needs some love.
pepeClown

3 Likes

Ok, Lee started uploading Grim Dawn again, I can resub :wink:

This might mean some kind of long-ranged battle between them.

Not sure if this is safe to post :snake: Good you kept it small.

1 Like

I like how in his videos the GT link is broken. Build is so op it doesn’t even exist lol.
And I just did a 5:03 run on mine today : (

Maybe he got tired of Hades speedruns.

Don’t worry it was nerfed before this was posted :wink:

1 Like