[1.1.5.0] Classless [HC] The Sentinel of Cairn

Thank you!

3 Likes

Fabius (using BIS rings), no pharma - https://youtu.be/8s55MYBbl48

Moosilauke - https://youtu.be/Zr93k4LL1xw
Beware of those crystals. They got buffed at some point not long ago and deal a ton of damage and can perma freeze you.

Valdaran - https://youtu.be/YvlxpIYQxBo
He’s the worst with 4.5m HP and mostly ranged and AOE attacks.

2 Likes

That is some serious tankiness. Your health barely moves. Sweet.

19.5K HP, 4.8K armor, 1000-5500 regen just with better rolls on gear and two bis rings. You can likely break 21k with godly green pants. Mine have no hp bonus.

BTW, here’s an AFK Warden kill. This would only work against melee bosses.

4 Likes

Well that just makes me damn jealous. :smiley:

There are builds that can oneshot him. Now that would be insane if possible classless. Hopefully the new patch will offer us more options.

1 Like

I’ve been taking a break from the classless attempt. Leveling a ‘regular’ hardcore character right now, Warder themed around the character of Fafhrd (I’m leveling up an HC Blademaster as The Gray Mouser with a friend. :D). Seriously, do you know how long it’s been since I’ve actually NOT had to worry about shit like enough spirit or physique to get some new equipment! :joy:

3 Likes

Oh man, speaking of this pain, I wanted to try a different relic and removed mine for a sec. immediately, all my items turned red and I couldn’t equip anything without a round of readjustments using alt gear.

3 Likes

The struggle is REAL. :smiley:

A quick update for 1.1.5.0

Damage increased by ~10-15% due to the Perdition set changes (% retal bonus added). On the same notion, this set is now comparable to Sentinel of the Three and is now the number one leveling set for this build. Where it lacks raw damage it offers great defensive stats.

Everything else stays pretty much the same. Still a solid HC classless spec!

2 Likes

Almost done with Fafhrd, so I’ll probably be re-tackling the classless HC challenge. I feel a little torn about it because now I’ll have whatever changes were done from the patch, but it also might point out a few things so looking forward to it.

My feeling (6-8 hours of testing and rummaging through gear) is that the patch didn’t really change a whole lot. Most of the epics remain just as useless as they were before. I’m still excited about it though. There are some new nice legendaries that will make their way into many builds. But overall, itemization wise, nothing changed much. In fact, quite a few blues got nerfed instead lol. Some +1 and 2 to all skills bonuses got removed or reduced and replaced by +% resist or +2-4 to a specific skill. Which is meh.

I started a fresh new run to experience it from scratch. Level 25 so far, and out of 15 blues that dropped, not a single one I could actually use. So, at low level, nothing really changed. Not seeing more greens with rare afixes either. Even if they got buffed, we are probably looking at 1-2% difference. At least that’s what I’m seeing (or rather not seeing) right now.

Bottom line, the challenge didn’t get any easier or harder. You won’t see much difference. Even that guardian gaze buff doesn’t feel as strong as I hoped it would be.

1 Like

I’m still going to be trying to the all out chaos way so won’t be nabbing Guardian probably. :smiley: I’ve also been thinking about just doing physical. We’ll have to see. I did note that a lot of the reworks took away physical damage from epics/greens and gave them their appropriate damage type instead so that might make the physical version harder. Have to wait and see what drops for me in the first 20 damn levels. LOL.

I really hope you do, man! Been thinking about the chaos version a lot. You can actually use the same set in the end. It gives a ton of chaos bonuses. Pair it with the oblivion relic, add a few greens with chaos bolt procs and it should be enough. I hope. Oh and the dreadful horns of ekket’zul give a chaos bonus along with an aura!
Something like this should work - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pbmq1Z

1 Like

This looks good. I’ll give it some more in-depth looks as I go.

By the way, isn’t it funny how as we do this challenge we’re all pretty much finding that BiS belt is…TINKERER!!! :smiley: (and yes, I know why, I just think it’s amusing.)

EDIT: The investigation.

So, I decided to be ‘brave’ and test some of this in softcore. :stuck_out_tongue: sue me. Anyway, this is with stuff I had available. Classless Loser. :smiley: I think the armor and the DA are too low. I may have to ditch the Combustion band for a green ring. My resists are actually pretty darn good. And my heatlh. cue eyeroll.

2 Likes

Looking good! It’s really hard to push your health pool much higher with this spec. Without godly rings, pants and gloves of vitality, 9k is pretty much the max. But it’s still ok. You don’t have to engage and facetank Ramzul. There’s no real threat with this spec otherwise. You got the turtle + tinker, tree of life, behemoth and obelisk. Armor is decent too. Not sure how much damage you get from the amulet. If you still feel squishy with this setup, might wanna drop the amulet in favour of avenger of cairn, which essentially gives +50% non-physical damage mitigation.

1 Like

Yeah, that was in your original spec for it. I was just putting this together without having to craft anything, things I had around. I’ll definitely keep that in mind though while testing. Also, don’t know if I have the Avenger relic in HC so I’d need to farm that blueprint. well, for that matter, I’d need to farm at least half this shit anyway on HC. HA!

EDIT: Oh, and I’ve started again. :flushed:

1 Like

I was getting into the no class builds and tried out a couple others, but this one seemed the most stable to me. Just completed whole GD journey from Krieg through Morgon dude and it worked like such a beauty xD You deserve my admiration.

2 Likes

Happy to hear that! Thank you for your feedback! :sunglasses: