[1.1.5.0] Saving COLD DMG from oblivion - ranty thread/meta discussion

like below 7 minute Crucible CONSISTENT builds without energy problems that can also easily farm 65-66.

I feel like top tier for DPS specs is a reliable ~7:30, with 6min and below being the tippy top of the tippy top.

1 Like

7:30 is fine as long as you never go above this number. Because if build does ocasionally does like 8 minutes with bad mutators there is a risk that you wouldn’t be able to squeeze in 3 runs in one blessings duration (you gotta open chests, that takes about 15-30 seconds).

Right, I suppose I’m taking the average here. Because you can also go >30s below the average clear speed

The one cold pet build I did was mixed with poison, as seen here: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pb67LZ – note that the build is from 1.1.1.2 though so a lot of things aren’t updated

The main problem with it is that Primal Spirit is pretty bad whereas normally it should be able to help a lot. but with absolutely no CDR, you run into problems with so many things. I believe the cooldown on Reap Spirit was improved since then though, so that helps – but wind devils for further RR debuff didn’t change at all, they’re still hard to keep running.

Can kinda agree with this. Bleed pets are pretty good, though very far from being high speed by any means.

In the meantime I’m going to be trying a cold build that isn’t pets, so venturing deep into a territory that i’m pretty unfamiliar with I suppose. Turns out the new set also might be for reaper so i might be able to do something with that as a backup. I will complain about how annoying it is to farm a belt for it though, Gargoyle MIs just do not drop enough especially in comparison to the Korvan MIs.

Second run, 5:52. No greens.
Bad mutator first half, good ones during the second. Runs for speed arent reliable, for x3 finish - i’d say 85%.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrJOd5Z
Pants and boots in 1.5 have new stun+slow to complete CC res. Tranquil+stun boots will work but have less dmg. Maybe there is a better combo, i didn’t give it much thought yet. Also i intentionally didnt take any spells, including RoS, although i have points. So it’s hardly optimised.

Infiltraitor feels a little stronger than Spellbreaker.

Would just add to this new dungeon set +Soulrend SS/BH Reaper. It is very powerful

Also I think @Valinov did cold wind devil trickster.

OK, but this is a max dmg setup tuned for electro-beacons with no flat rr, no Seal and not even fumble from RoS . You get like 400-500% cold thanks to those things. You could as well say FUCK DA, do full spirit dump, squeeze 10 seconds more and claim Deathmarked is top-tier… (still the GD big boys are minute or more faster)

Good call on Dreadchill Mark. I’ve been starting to dislike Undying Oath with its no oa/da problem and cold res. However, it is still better imo.

So, there’s stun res now on cold gear? How sweet of you, Zantai! :kissing_heart: So thoughtful!

Yeah, Resistant shitator. But the second half was dream for ele: Marked and Armored.

I could not. I try to make defense on the same level on every build. If i’d feel it is too glassy i wouldnt have posted the link.

Effective DA is over 3k. And imo seal without any ultimate ranks is not sufficient for 100% facetanking these days. It felt comfortable to play without it and be mobile.

This. If lower than ~18/12, seal is near useless without support like phoenix with 100% uptime. You’re better off 1 pointing it, and hardcapping arcane empowerment

And even that is useless i’d say. You get a little less dmg just by hardcapping Merciless. You get it for less investment and you don’t need to stand one one spot and cast anything.

Oh. I meant in general. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wasn’t referring specifically to cold infiltrators

Interesting take, I tried Cold pets as well during 1.1.4.2 with this (belt got completely redesigned in 1.1.5 so it needs replacing now). Not bad, but not great either.

Yes you could. Believe in yourself. You dropped Seal for Merciless and Elemental Awakening scraps of dmg. You’re on the right path… :wink:

With spellbreaker theres less chance of you being lul deaded though. Infiltrator if you make a mistake and eat an alexksander meteor thats pretty much it. At least you got mirror and racial on a breaker.

Kuba hurts breaker more sadly.

And i’m telling you it’s safer (at least for me) to play without standing on a low rank seal. If you stay mobile you get much less chances to be double-triple dunked by hard hitters. I mean, that is how glass casters live.

Scraps? Go unrank them to 1-pointers and look at WD. Seriously dude. If you are just pushing some agenda i’ll see myself out. The build is among the safest i played.

About the same. Dmg reduction is very strong and i made up for no Mirror with Ghoul to some extent. But the biggest safety for me comes from double RR. I play only melee and have fps issues. Basically 90% of my deaths are sudden no leech moments. With so much instant RR it almost never happens, even with Kuba.

How can you stay mobile on melee? You move = you don’t deal dmg. Seal does wonders even at softcap - especially on builds that survive by outleeching incoming dmg. Flat dmg absorb negates DoT (especially that from mutators), shotguns, auras, AoE pools, channels.

Exactly.

I also made inquisitor builds with no Seal. Mainly for two reasons: no points for essentials or fucking around with suicidal setups. Merciless and Awakening aren’t essentials on direct dmg cold melee build.

Max dmg setups are cool but theorizing that Merciless and Awakening give you better defense than Seal is nonsense. You don’t leech from DoTs, you know that, right?

What kind of question is that? How can any char be mobile? Every build deals more dmg standing still. Of course, it’s much easier for casters. But as melee you can use obstacles and enemy clunkiness to reduce the number of the attackers. And dots help to not kite for nothing btw.

You sound like you havent played Crucible since 1.1.3. I die very easily standing in 12/12 seal. The amount of shit the enemies manage to put under y our legs is worse than 190 absorb. How many melee Inquisi chars do you have which can reliably facetank 4 bosses standing in a fumble pool?

Right. You leech from 220% dmg tho.

This convo is weird and i’m not having it. I called the number - 85%. Maybe it’s 80%. But it’s a very safe number. Because the build is in similar fashion to other melee builds with huge single target dps - you can kill bosses 1 by 1 before they gank up on you.

If you don’t believe me it’s your call and let’s leave it at that.

At no point should you have 4 bosses stacked on you, there’s damage aplenty to be mustered for nuking the closest one out of existence before you’re piled on. Seal is plenty enough for carrying my infiltrators through crucible from the budget tests to the silly 78% armor absorb <20% phys res variant where I don’t take ulo. The biggest benefit of seal is how it reduces the demand on your sustain for addressing minor hits and dot ticks. This greatly increases the time you stay at full health putting you out of reach of attacks that would kill a build at the wrong time if you instead had to heal off that piecemeal damage. Given that seal multi-dips on mitigation when the attack has multiple damage types I don’t think it’s outlandish to praise 190 absorb that can take 570 off a single hit.