1.1.5.0 update and my dissapointment with it and general rant

You can also net 50 - 70% ele/chaos conversion using voidsoul

1 Like

My Cold TSS Druid is a counterpoint to points 1 and 3. It uses no less than 5 blue items, and is an example of what can happen if conversion is made too easily available. It can be dangerous if it allows for skills with multiple damage types that aren’t designed to be fully converted to reach that point.

There are some inaccuracies in op but I agree with the general tone of the thread. 1.1.5.0 has been fantastic when it comes to new content but (imo) a big fail when it comes to the intricacies of balance changes. Too many things to count. LET THE RANT BEGIN. :ghost:

• 3 Wendigo Totems competes with the Mortar conduit for the title of the biggest blunder. The former was fixed but the fact it even happened is telling. The latter wasn’t even hot-fixed. Slap in the face to all the legit players who had grinded for this conduit just to see copy-pasted stats and a mod that’s basically a blank.

• The two biggest dps freaks - AAR and Mortars - nerfed defensively instead of offensively. (AAR wpn dmg nerf - the biggest nerf - is a hit to sustain mostly, and the biggest change on Mortars is the -60-70% res and -3% max res because of no Conduit). World record on AAR beaten after the hotfix 1.1.5.1 (second nerf) which is telling. Lightning Mortars stronger than ever (just glassy af without the conduit).

• From lightning, Box was nerfed of all places. Best lightning vindicators hardly felt anything. Top-tier power creep continues. It’s ONLY the niche builds that felt this one.

• The Revamp of the Million Blues… Most popular endgame blue Final March buffed. Archetypical blue Bero removed from endgame. Many blue sets removed from endgame except a few surprises like Eastern getting even more oa. Silver Sentinel nerfed, power RoH still got no alternative concept (but 11th set for Shadow Strike). Weird stuff. With some exceptions, blues that were already strong and good for endgame were buffed, and those that desperately needed something to be viable were nerfed to endgame irrelevance.

• Phew, and this isn’t even half of it! Just two more. Explosive Strike. As if there wasn’t another abusable mechanic just two nodes away… FoI conduit, not a biggie like the Mortar thing but also kind of a blind nerf: “FoI got strong? Grab the first thing and hit ‘em!” (Fact is only Solael crossbow setups got strong after FoI buffs, other users of that conduit didn’t, so it’s not the conduit. Btw that “strong” FoI is still strong, and others are still crap.)

• Okay, okay… one more. But a big one. None of the arcanist overbuffs reverted. Freaking sorcerer melee is stronger that saboteur, etc.

1 Like

mate…you realize that most of your rant (while valid) is tangential to the points made by OP, yes?

This isn’t true. I’ve been tinkering away at my arcanor mageslayer. It does ~6:30 buffed bannered, and about 9min naked with ~80% consistency.

That’s good imo

1 Like

It’s consistent with the title, though, isn’t it?

1 Like