[1.1.5.1] The blue monster - budget DW melee cold Infiltrator, Gladiator 150-170 viable

This is old build, it was one of my first ever posts :slight_smile: .

• Rings, blue Alkamos are quite common, but my second choice will be Elemental Harmony rings.

• Belt can be green MI with +1 Nightblade, I should change that. Also there are medals from faction that are good now. Or crafted PRM medal from faction blueprint.

• Quite nice idea about skill points!

• Bero should be on Rumor, yes. Revenant didnt have flat, when I made the build.

PS you are looking AoM build. Updated GT is like really slightly different, I need more budget version with Revenant.

1 Like

Lol I just edited it for the last fg update gt, this was for the first gt in your op post.

Im a big fan of Silver Sentinel which I consider one of the best sets in the game even though it’s not even purple and it’s very short on stats. Rune is still usable. With a non-endgame gear you probably gotta focus on melee for sustain but it’s surely worth trying to find some balance where it contributes without gimping your melee. It should be possible.

In AoM I used to play ya/John Smith’s style without Seal. Now I will used them both+Revenant for extra life steal.

As style, I can’t really fit RoH, except maybe to give RoS. Too many buttons is bad idea, first it’s take away the melee hits and second-it makes build harder and inconvenient to pilot. And RoH was nerfed. Without skill modes it’s probably DA shred tool mostly,sorry about that :upside_down_face:

I will try to make another variant of RoH hybrid before confirming this.

I am still advocating to revert RoH nerf! Though maybe I can settle with 10% shotgun penalty…

Also, the rune allows for a bit painful but viable playstyle of kiting in circles and leaving runes until Ghoul is off cooldown or bosses feel safe to facetank again. I even did some shards like that.

For beginners I’d recommend 1-pointing that Blade Barrier. It’s the worst oh-shit button but it can help. Especially when bosses are close to dying but so are you.

With Runebinder set?

I think 20% would still be reasonable. Basically cancels one projectile on a perfectly placed rune. I don’t love it but it’s what it is. Maybe the reason for this whole nerf was to make way for Chillwhisper?

Maybe you are right. Blade Barrier is very nice with Soulrend and CDR, that gives you lot of uptime of Ghoul+Barrier combo. Otherwise I skipped it.

Either that, or mix. Chillwhisper is a disgrace for RoH. Full set give less flat than a fucking crescent moon or witch moon. No other damage mod, no fucking Pierce>cold conversion. Better remove all the RoH aspect in that set IMO.

Runebinder got some buffs iirc. But no pierce to cold is something that makes me skeptical about Runebinder. I remember an old build I really liked which was fire/burn Runebinder with double Warpfires and double rune. Or you can make double runes cold with two Chillsomethings - those scepters.

However… rune is still kinda crap. A build relying on the rune only will never be good.

You wanna go for Chillhearts again? I’m afraid they’ll be nerfed. Rule of thumb: an item appears on 3 or more builds = autonerf.

That’s @x1x1x1x2’s build. Purifier fire runebinder.

Exactly. in most build, you need to mix 2 or more skills to achieve greatness.

It’s ok, my bonemonger is still fine and dandy… :stuck_out_tongue:

Not with chillheart though, it’s not really appropriate for a rune build. I will use an underused item like winter’s veil hammer, or usual crescent moon, or something else. Need to browse some options again…

Why not revamp the full Runebinder? Melee hybrids are hard to put together. Nothing has attack speed. You’re bound to Chillstrifes or Chillhearts. And both have the advantage of having huge %cold even thoug they do nothing for the rune.

And there’s no other serious cast in infiltrator. Can’t really use RoH + ABB for frostburn stacking - no gear to support both - even though this might be interesting.

sorry im dumb but i want to make sure of one thing again, when you say cold DW Infiltrator trumps other options in my mind, you mean its better than ALL DW melee builds right? ( after all the latest patches)

I mean from the above options, cold DW Infiltrator, pierce Infiltrator and BM. For budget DW setup, Infiltrators are best definitely. For end game is more complex, cause Acid Dervish is very strong, but overall cold Infiltrators are the real king of dual wield builds!

1 Like

PIERCE DW BEST DW FACT. YOU CAN’T CHANGE MY MIND WITH REAL FACTS FACT. and zantai why you no let us post in all caps

Probably something in discourse against “shouting” on forums. :smile:

LET ME SHOOOOOOOOUTt

There are ways around it :stuck_out_tongue: but the rule does make sense

Build is remade completely. Added my standard build format, also new GT and video.

Chillhearts is better!!! :money_mouth_face:

It’s a guaranteed drop so more budget than anything.

Where does it drop and is it really better?

Lol it drops in GDStash? :wink:

Vanguard of the Three, to the south, there’s a bunch of dudes praying to a green rift on the ground. Stand in that rift for a while (tip: don’t die) and a Chillheart will jump out.

Is it better? Dunno… it’s less green, that’s for sure. Imo better than non-fantasy Chillstrifes. Got attack speed, lots of %dmg, and the conversion which makes Arcane Empowerment, Bane and Ultos better.

1 Like