[1.1.5.2] 60% CDR perma-invincible* spellbreaker

About CDR

I got curious about the maximum achievable CDR. So, first, here is my analysis. If you see a way to get a better result - please share.

You can get CDR from Arcanist and Oathkeeper exclusive skills: 15%

Gear (best possible roll, according to grimtools):

• head - 7% (or green 5%+5%)
  • 1h weapon - 5% (or green 5%+5%)
  • off-hand/shield - 19%
  • 2h weapon - 22%
  • amulet - 7%

The only set that can provide a higher CDR then separate items, is an incomplete, 4-piece The Unseeing Gaze. It can produce:
(head)7% + (1h)5% + (amulet)5% + (bonus)12% = 29%

It also provides an easier way to find a good roll, cuz:

• no need to roll prefixes in addition to an item
  • its pieces are relatively common
  • you can transmute bad rolls

So, in total, 63% is the maximum achievable %CDR.

Base setup: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYX1zAZ

Mythical Aldanar’s Vanity and Eternity provide an additional “-x Seconds to All Currently Active Skill Cooldowns”, same for TD devotion.

I tried different mastery combos with this, and so far Spellbreaker works best, mostly because you can be invincible 6s in a row every, well, 6s. (Sorcerer is also fun with 50%-coverage-blast-shield)

Current version

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYX1zlZ

How to use it:

• Shadow Strike an enemy -> activates Phoenix fire
  • The 6-seconds-cycle:
    • Mirror of Ereoctes ASAP -> after that you have 3 seconds to do the following:
      • Ring of steel -> activates TD, -6s to all cooldowns
      • Optional:
        • Shadow Strike an enemy -> activates Phoenix fire
        • Pneumatic burst -> just to keep it up
        • Sacred strike -> to activate Rumor, RR
        • Rune -> to activate Cleansing waters
      • [Most importantly, before MoE ends] Blade barrier -> now you have another 3 seconds to rest before you repeat the cycle.

Assuming that you crit during each iteration, Eternity will shave another second, bringing TD cooldown to 5.4s.

So, in theory, you can stay invincible indefinitely, assuming that TD will proc and you won’t get 1-shot right after Blade barrier.

In practice, however, it’s not so easy :slight_smile:

Current issues:

• Ring of steel has only a 68% chance to activate TD. I can replace it with Callidor’s Tempest (100%) but will lose damage. Need to find another skill with big enough CD, or find a way to utilize Callidor for damage.
  • Need more defense to prevent 1-shots in between cycles.
  • Piloting this build is a nightmare - slightest misclick/delay and you’re dead.
  • The cycle won’t close if there are any CDR-debuffs or if you get hit by that “turn off all passive skills” thing (Star Pact would go down)
  • Stun resist can’t be perfect, I guess.
  • The best rolls I got in a more-or-less legit way give me only 59% CDR, which is enough, but 63% would be better.

So far it’s more of a proof-of-concept than an actual build :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a build that is a strong performing one that uses a similar concept… It just doesn’t take it as far.
Also the amulet and weapon on the unseeing eye can’t roll 5% they are locked at 4%

1 Like

4ever!!! :fist:

But seriously, no. Single enemy, single hit = 49% to bust every time.

Or doesn’t if neither of the weapon crit your single target. Nightfall is way to go to make SS a good proccer.

Why on Earth? You’re an arcanist, you got Null.

1 Like

Thanks, you are 100% right about Rumor and Phoenix fire :thinking: if I wanna keep them - I need to find a better way to proc them. Though in simple scenarios (e.g. ugdenbloom run) I do not release SS button - with 1.4s CD and 3600 OA it works ok. I didn’t pay much attention to Rumor and it’s not even half-leveled on my char yet :smiley:

About Cleansing waters - it’s extremely convenient when you need to jump away after a fkup. Null would require me to press yet another button, while CW will trigger automatically if you escape through the foes. Still, I’ll think about ditching it for some better devotion…

Interesting build!

I was planning to add a question about that in the post - I wasn’t able to get it to 5% via transmuting.Thought maybe it can be done in some other way.

It looks like my current version can improve only by 2% (59%->61%) via a better off-hand roll (I hope it’s not locked too) and a bit more overcap in Star pact.

Offhand can roll up to 19%

That’s a good use of the movement skill. But it still doesn’t justify taking this rather crappy devotion when you got the same thing but better from Null, and you got 3blue/2white for 5 points in Solemn Watcher.

1 Like