[1.1.5.2] (Caster/'Pet') - Bleed Trickster | Callagadra kills < 6m30s

Introduction / Build Concept:

I have been always been a big fan of the concept of player-scaling pets and it’s midway playstyle between being a pet build and a regular build. And amongst the player scaling pets, the pets from the Blood Knight Set and the Deathstalker relic have been my favourite - both stylistically and build performance. I’ve had lots of fun running builds with these seperately and now I have decided to write my first guide/build with these two together and showcase a bleed build done with some player-scaling, pet flavour.

The Build: Grimtools Link

The build focuses on a (kite - while applying AoE bleeds) gameplan and has a relaxed playstyle. By relaxed, I mean it steps away from the auto attack/WPS side of bleed builds to focus on having 1 or 2 large AoE bleed skills and letting your ambient damage handle the rest (such as pets w/ devotions, and equipment procs). This incentivizes us to ignore stats like attack speed/cast speed and any non-DoT damage bonuses and lets us explore more ‘ambient’ sources of bleed damage and put focus more on the stats that pump bleed damage: high OA, Crit Damage, and Flat/% Bleed Damage.

… [will finish this section and add more sections in the following days]

AS AN ASIDE: I want to say Mythical Bloodbathed Link is a HOUSE - man is that belt is good. I’m surprised it’s not included in every bleed build; (it has 2 procs, 30% for 202 bleed over 3s and 10% for 1015 bleed over 10s) - that sums up to 270 flat bleed per second from one item !! Likewise, Gutripper is also a house (albeit a smaller one) - being a ranged weapon is nice (when combined with Decapitate from Bloody Whetstone) and having high base bleed damage of (510 over 3 sec - 170/s ) is great BUT the proc (100% chance on crit) of 675 bleed over 3 sec (225/s) is what tops it all off since with our build - we’re almost always making a critical hit and we have so many sources of hits even if we’re not attacking ourselves (e.g. blade spirits and other pets).

Performance:
I am not sure about SR and Crucible because I haven’t done it on this character yet, but killing celestials is very managable - I can kite and kill Callagadra in Ultimate in roughly 6 minutes without using any consumable besides energy potions (or health potions if I mess up kiting - which I usually do near the end LOL).

If you debuff training dummies with Devouring Swarm, use the pet attack command on them, use Decapitate, then use Ring of Steel - you can get bleed ticks over 600k.

WIP:
… More write-up to come, will iteratively update this topic:

• Explaining item choices
  • Explaining devotion choices
  • Theme and playstyle
  • Add pictures and videos
3 Likes

Hmm, actually Bloodbath’s prock has only 3,5 m radius. What version of GD do you have? :slight_smile:
Also its 30% chance of additional bleeding damage only works with your attacks that has %weapon damage and not as separate source of bleed like belt’s skill.

Hmm, actually Bloodbath’s prock has only 3,5 m radius. What version of GD do you have? :slight_smile:
Also its 30% chance of additional bleeding damage only works with your attacks that has %weapon damage and not as separate source of bleed like belt’s skill.

Ah you’re absolutely correct, I’ll change that - I think I mixed it up with a totally different skill at the time of writing LOL (I must have been thinking of Abomination or something at the time of writing)

Also thank you, the part of the 30% additional damage is worth clarifying to people that it only works off of %WD sources (which this build does have in Ring of Steel and Decapitate)

Always glad to help sort out any problem or misunderstanding)
Subj: your build seems interesting and I look forward to presenting any video with it

1 Like

Always glad to help sort out any problem or misunderstanding)
Subj: your build seems interesting and I look forward to presenting any video with it

A video may be a while away since I’ve never done that before (not sure how to approach that) and ATM I’m really high on another build and want to make a build post about it first.

It’s a Conjurer with 2 variants (pure caster or melee-2H) that can both facetank Callagadra with no kiting, 1 or no greens, and no hp pots or buff consumables in under 10 minutes (estimate, haven’t timed myself yet).

I’m really pumped for this sharing this latter build and it’s definitely more well rounded and built than this bleed trickster (less/no greens and more tanky/balanced between damage and survivability).

It’s really nuts and both variants have overcapped everything resistances including overcapped physical resistances (yeap thats right) and both average around 20k HP and 3k OA/DA split!

Here’s a link to the: caster variant

• where I’ve tried and tested face tanking Callagadra already (but didn’t time myself)

The melee-2H variant seems stronger than the caster but it still needs a few last decisions and tweaks (like resist augments) so I don’t have a grim tools link yet!